Positives/Negatives From Todays Game

Smashmouth

The whole thing is with this debate about lee and the safeties shaving lousy of good games.  If they have good games that hardly justifies the draft capital to get them.

If you draft an ilb 20th and a safety at 6 they better very quickly be great playmakers that are dominant.

A good game from a LT, RB, WR, QB, pass rusher are all more valuable then a 'good game' from an ilb or safeties.

• Replies 79
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Mo Wilkerson NEGATIVE! Way overpaid! He should have been cut and we should have kept Richardson. !8 million dollar below average DE. Quits when double teamed, the great ones split the double team and still make impact on game. Also takes plays off.

O-line can't run block.

Powell should be the starting back. 

Tye impressed me. Hope he gets better.

Bowles looks lost. He will be fired sooner the better.

My observations.

3 hours ago, SOJ said:

Lee maybe a bust... he was out of position on a lot of plays today and your  comment about Maye should have been Lee.  he clearly was flat footed and reacted way too late.  

I couldn't understand Smash killing Davis in his OP and not a word on Lee who was dog sh*t awful once again. Davis did some good things and bad. Darren Lee does nothing good. 

jets fans are super spoiled in run defense.  The NFL average for scoring is 22 points per game.

Biggest negative for me was run blocking. It was just really bad

Biggest positive for me was Mortons play calling. He actually made an adjustment ! He saw the run blocking sucked, so he started calling passes !

Maybe he can be our HC when we draft a QB !

Positives: Todd Bowles has proven he's a complete fraud when it comes to teaching defensive schemes & putting players in the best position to succeed! Even in 2015 his defenses give up huge plays & 3rd downs when they MUST GET A STOP! For all his genius (according to announcers) he hasn't been able to contain a TE since he's arrived in NY. So, firing him is eventually a positive.

Like others have said, it was strange watching this game as I got excited for Stewarts almost TD, Tye looks decent, Kearse played hard, we'll definitely see McGuire sooner than later (Forte has no burst), and I got over this loss before it even happened. We will be getting Darnold, Rosen or Mayfield! 

3 minutes ago, Larz said:

jets fans are super spoiled in run defense.  The NFL average for scoring is 22 points per game.

Biggest positive for me was Mortons play calling. He actually made an adjustment ! He saw the run blocking sucked, so he started calling passes !

I said in the preseason what would be my dream would be to get our choice of #1 QB in the draft, fire Bowles & somehow get Sean Payton as head coach & keep Morton. Any f*cking DC available would do as well or better than what Bowles/Rogers have shown in 3 years. Absolutely no loss defensively firing Bowles.

some positives

Shell played a decent game, PFF said he allowed one pressure and was the highest rated player on our offense :o

Adams looked decent made some nice plays, already has made more plays in one game than pryor did almost his entire career. 

kearse looks like a nice possession receiver. 

Ealy and Martin looked good on defense. 

Edwards had some good punts (plus a shank)

we lost to a bad team, so we are now ahead of the bills for higher draft pick.

Negatives;  our strengths no showed.  Powell and Forte had bad games, as did Wilkerson/Williams.  A lot of mistakes in the middle of the field by our safeties and Lbers.   Robbie Anderson and most of our skill position players were handled and created zero separation.

positives.  McCown had a decent game, as did our OL and Kearse.  The WC offense was run competently.  It's not going to win us many games, but at least it sets a foundation.

8 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

Look man you know we are going to suck this year the least we can do is watch the young players develop rather then get bent out of shape over a rebuilding football team in the first year of an all out re-build

We aren't rebuilding, we have father time under center.  And his cousin Founding Father Forte jogging with the rock.  Rebuild's a$$!

When the best players for the day were the trade throw-ins/salary dumps and waiver wire pick ups from other teams...I.e. Their 'trash', that's a big negative IMO.

But I'm not too worried yet...give Kearse, Tye and Ealy a few weeks in our 'systems' and some of our great 'coaching' and they'll be just as clueless as the rest of the team.

14 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

1. First and foremost we lost ... Positive... Draft Pick QB you know the deal.

2. Josh Martin looks like he could be a football player ... Positive

3. Rich Gannon is a complete moron. Positive for Maye who he somehow expected to follow a TE across the LOS through traffic at the goal line and still make a play ... Hilarious. Almost as hilarious as Gannon Calling Powell a big bruising RB/ Hey Rich that was someone else's assignment not Mayes you buffoon

4. Adams looked to be coming on in the second half made some nice plays. Positive

5. Demario Davis Missed more assignments than the rookies. Still can't come close to covering a TE so now he just outright blows assignments/ Negative

6. O-Line cant run block they got hammered today... And they still cant pick up a safety blitz much better to peel off a lineman and at least hit the safety since he will get there much faster than the lineman you peel off.... Negative

7. Where in the **** was McGuire ?... Negative

8. Forte now has cement shoes borrowed from Stephen Ridley ... Negative

9. Along with Demario's debacle this team still has no answer for the TE its almost laughable... Negative

10. Looks like Bowles was calling the defense so why is Rogers still the DC ? Can't tell if this is neg or positive they both stink.

11. Still can't stop a 3rd and long. Why blitz a running elusive QB on 3rd and long and keep getting Burned ?... Negative

So more negatives than Positives but we expected that.... I'm really trying to concentrate on the young players who will be the future of this team and for the most part they played okay today.

Did Peake get cut ? I was wondering where he was at the goal line. If so did we cut him for that scrub Kerley ?

absolutely agree on Gannon.  cannot cover a 1 yard crossing pattern thru traffic.  he hates the Jets, but he has to cover them as he is low mn on the totem pole. David Harris, smart and slow. DD---dumb and fast.  Forte is shot.  Don't forget the 2 point call and the punt.

12 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I'll bite.

Positives: Kearse looks like a nice throw-in and Edwards has clearly made some nice steps as a punter. Think he only had one dud.

Negatives: When you use this many resources on linebackers and safeties over a 3-year period and they can't completely shut down the Bills' offense, it's time to move on. This squad is atrocious and it is hard to believe that the team is this bad deliberately simply because even our high picks don't look remotely impressive.

Think Kearse will be okay. Once he knows the offense.  Do not get the Kerley thing.  Anderson tried to play tough yesterday.  they need to take shots, even if he does not get open deep.

Just now, jack48 said:

Think Kearse will be okay. Once he knows the offense.  Do not get the Kerley thing.  Anderson tried to play tough yesterday.  they need to take shots, even if he does not get open deep.  We cannot appear to be an 8 yard max offense

9 hours ago, Larz said:

Cannot run block 8 or 9, though.  The other team does not fear our downfield game, either due to our receivers or to having Rip Van Winkle at QB.  Does he have an even slower relese than Fitz?  Also does not help that Forte has Wilmer-Flores-type speed.

Archived