Nobody Tanks Like The Colts

Esquire

Colts are making the Rams look like the Rams of 1999.  It's going to take a 1-15 or 0-16 season to get the first pick in 2018.  The owner has shown he will tank like a boss when he has a franchise QB in his sights.  

If Luck comes back healthy we will have to take another look at this.  But until then they aren't even trying.

1 minute ago, Esquire said:

Colts are making the Rams look like the Rams of 1999.  It's going to take a 1-15 or 0-16 season to get the first pick in 2018.  The owner has shown he will tank like a boss when he has a franchise QB in his sights.  

If Luck comes back healthy we will have to take another look at this.  But until then they aren't even trying.

Can you blame him? He is an alcoholic douche-bag but he knows what it takes to be relevant in today's NFL. Draft a franchise QB and enjoy play offs year after year. Good for Colts. They don't know what extended mediocrity means. 

Just now, Fibonacci said:

Can you blame him? He is an alcoholic douche-bag but he knows what it takes to be relevant in today's NFL. Draft a franchise QB and enjoy play offs year after year. Good for Colts. They don't know what extended mediocrity means. 

They've actually done a pretty poor job since they got Luck, IMO. They've given him very little help on the line. TY is pretty good I guess. That D sucks. They didn't build a team, they drafted a really good QB and tried to coast. But hey, they'll always have this...

Image result for colts afc finalist

And before anyone says they'd take the Colts/Luck success over what we've endured the past few years, I say ok fine. But neither team has won jack sh*t. The only difference is a week or 2 in between each team's season ending. And the Colts are not the Giants or Packers, so don't give me any of that 'ya never know' nonsense. 

16 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

They've actually done a pretty poor job since they got Luck, IMO. They've given him very little help on the line. TY is pretty good I guess. That D sucks. They didn't build a team, they drafted a really good QB and tried to coast. But hey, they'll always have this...

Image result for colts afc finalist

And before anyone says they'd take the Colts/Luck success over what we've endured the past few years, I say ok fine. But neither team has won jack sh*t. The only difference is a week or 2 in between each team's season ending. And the Colts are not the Giants or Packers, so don't give me any of that 'ya never know' nonsense. 

They have a franchise QB and, as long as they don't continue to ruin the great thing they have, they'll be infinitely closer to winning a championship than we will.  Chris Ballard is gonna be a hell of a GM for them and get them on track.  He's already got Luck and we've seen that, without a QB, your team is worth absolutely nothing.  I'd take the pill popping, alcoholic owner who has won a championship in the last decade, the stud GM, and the generational talent at QB, over our nightmare any day of the week right now.

21 minutes ago, Esquire said:

Cutting Stephen Morris and keeping Scott Tolzien was a definite tank move.  Colts fans were befuddled by this as Morris has thoroughly outplayed Tolzien this preseason.  Aside from the fact Tolzien is terrible, Morris has actually been one of the best preseason QBs the last 2 years. 

I see some glimpses of excitement from this team. 

If Mac fires Bowles and names an interim HC we might see some more promise.

The team really is playing a Bowlesweat, take a knee brand of football. 

I'm not willing to let Mac make the picks next year if we don't see something out of his team this year. 

16 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

They have a franchise QB and, as long as they don't continue to ruin the great thing they have, they'll be infinitely closer to winning a championship than we will.  Chris Ballard is gonna be a hell of a GM for them and get them on track.  He's already got Luck and we've seen that, without a QB, your team is worth absolutely nothing.  I'd take the pill popping, alcoholic owner who has won a championship in the last decade, the stud GM, and the generational talent at QB, over our nightmare any day of the week right now.

I guess what I'm getting at is that while, yes, you NEED a franchise QB to win a SB, it doesn't mean you're a good team just because you have one. Ask the Detroit Lions. They're 56-72 since they drafted Stafford. 

My point of this thread is that if things go south on Irsay after 4 weeks his team will no doubt finish the season no better than 2 or 3 wins.  The Jets have shown that they will try and end up with 4 or 5 wins.  Don't know what to say other than that.  But it is true.

Archived