Not a good sign for Darron Lee

AFJF

• Replies 117
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, bealeb319 said:

Such a long and thought out and informative thread. We are lucky to have fantastic posters like you on this board really breaking things down in a way that everyone can understand and never jumping to indefiniate conclusions without adequate and unbiased evaluation of a player.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

You complain, but the thread and other posters managed to add a lot of information to this thread about his performance. Maybe getting the conversation started in this case had some value.

3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Demario Davis got Calvin Pryor off our team without us having to take a hit from cutting him having Davis if nothing else served that purpose. How is Pryor doing with the browns?

The defense Pryor joined scored me 37 points in fantasy.

He did not clear waivers, so I don't think the trade compensation made any difference compared to waivers. 

The defense Pryor joined scored me 37 points in fantasy.
He did not clear waivers, so I don't think the trade compensation made any difference compared to waivers. 

Lol didn't realize jaguars defense was that good yesterday did Pryor play with them I didn't see them on the list. Browns defense and really team as a whole surprised me I can't see them getting the number 1 pick I think our biggest competition as far as that goes is going to be the 49ers. Giants also looked abysmal yesterday but they should bounce back.

There was a play where Lee and Maye had to cover the flat and shallow inside zone depending on where their assignments broke. When the tight end broke to the sideline Maye thought he had the flat and started moving there. Lee also started to break to the outside, Maye hesitated and tried to go inside but then the running back out of the backfield went inside. Lee doubled back to the inside and Maye was in no man's land. The pass went inside because Lee got there late and McCoy got a first down. The biggest problem with Lee is that he has a two cent brain. 

On another play Mo held contain and Adams came in to cover the hole. Lee was positioned outside of Mo on the strong side and was supposed to prevent the running back from jumping outside. Lee charged into the hole that Adams had already filled and McCoy bounced the play outside of Mo. After the play Mo got in Lee's face. 

The bust clock is ticking very loudly on Lee right now.  The only reason he's on the team is to be
the speed LB who takes away TE & RB over the middle of the field and to spy elusive QB's.  With the
way BUF plays yesterday should've been his day to shine and he failed miserably

22 minutes ago, KRL said:

The bust clock is ticking very loudly on Lee right now.  The only reason he's on the team is to be
the speed LB who takes away TE & RB over the middle of the field and to spy elusive QB's.  With the
way BUF plays yesterday should've been his day to shine and he failed miserably

I'll be the 1st to admit it, the kid is struggling mightily (insert Joe Namath voice over,lol). But I'm really, really starting to question whether or not Todd Bowles has the slightest idea what the hell he is doing, coaching, calling, I mean this teams defense has been horrible since he arrived! How many games do I have to watch us score, close the gap & watch the other teams offense march up the field, converting 3rd & longs & scoring again? 

In 2015 & 2016 we all talked about this ad nauseum of his defenses giving up points before halftime and scoring RIGHT AFTER our offense scores. No excuses, but the Bills Oline was DOMINANT up front! Ray Lewis had his worst year ever when those fat boys in front of him got injured. You get those big olineman blocking 2/3 yards north of the LOS & most LBs are bull riders at that point. 

Man I hate the cigar Indian Todd Bowles, another in a long line of failed DCs trying to be head coaches, ugh!

It's strange to me. Last year I actually thought his issue was he was playing too FAST. He kept over-running RBs and receivers, letting them just slip right on by him..

But yesterday, as others have said, he looked too SLOW... He was steps behind guys.

So I don't know. Not looking good though. 

3 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

It's strange to me. Last year I actually thought his issue was he was playing too FAST. He kept over-running RBs and receivers, letting them just slip right on by him..

But yesterday, as others have said, he looked too SLOW... He was steps behind guys.

So I don't know. Not looking good though. 

Same size as Bobby Wagner....just not as good, lol. Oh well, like others have pointed out, no studs 10 picks after either. Our resident GMs would have found a HOFamer in that group though....guaranteed!

He was supposed to be Bowles' Buchanan from his Arizona days.  He was another needed piece for the Arizona defense that Bowles ran.  The problem is that we keep drafting players that played a different position in college and keep trying to force them into playing something they never have.  I am , along with most other fans, sick and tired of picking players and then force feeding them to be something that they aren't.  It's time to bring in a new coach, offensive minded please, and a proven defensive coordinator like a Wade Phillips, Rod Marinelli, or Dick LeBeau type that has a proven track record.  You can see the big difference in the Rams already with a young innovative offensive coach paired with Phillips.

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

Same size as Bobby Wagner....just not as good, lol. Oh well, like others have pointed out, no studs 10 picks after either. Our resident GMs would have found a HOFamer in that group though....guaranteed!

Looking back that was not a deep draft. It's not like there multiple stars drafted right after lee. Maybe Artie burns would have been better pick in hindsight?

He was brutal again yesterday. He's definitely starting to look like a bust. Luckily for him, the Jets are awful, so he should be given this whole season to prove himself before any decisions on him are made. But he's a small ILB who we were told would really help us in coverage and he doesn't appear to be able to cover. 

2 hours ago, Barkus said:

Looking back that was not a deep draft. It's not like there multiple stars drafted right after lee. Maybe Artie burns would have been better pick in hindsight?

You liked Burns better than Jackson?  Two of the more interesting choices missed their rookie seasons.  Jackson who tore his pec and Jaylon Smith* who looked pretty good against the Giants but went well more than 10 picks after Lee.  None of the WRs have lit the world on fire, but Will Fuller put up the kind of numbers that make people around here drool (better than Robby Anderson!).

*FWIW, the Cowboys team doctor did Jaylon Smith's surgery, so they supposedly had more/fresher information on his injury than other teams.

4 minutes ago, Barkus said:

Yes...in hindsight...which we are all very good at. Big difference from 2016 draft than what Idzik had staring right at him. We needed a WR & there were many on this board clamoring for Jarvis Landry or Martavious Bryant. Idzik just sat there & took his picks. Bad ones at that. 12 picks squandered. Macc has Mo & Winters left & an injured Enunwa from the Tanny/Rex- Idzik/Rex drafts, lmao! Think about that!

5 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Lee stunk yesterday and improbable as it sounds he was actually one of the better performers on Jet D yesterday.

Okay.

7 hours ago, AFJF said:

Didn't look much better yesterday than he did most of last season.

"Darron Lee was the lowest-graded Jet on defense"

Lee might actually still be a good 43 WLB. Mo and Williams could still play 43 DT. Ealy can play a good 43DE. Fwiw Maulden was a stud 43DE. Jenkins probably makes for a better 43SLB than coming off the edge. 

This team is actually ripe for next year when they get a New offensive HC the #1 pick/qb and bring in a 43 DC.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I keep seeing this mild praise for Jordan Jenkins going on two years now and have yet to see him make a play. I swear I'm watching. What am I missing?

thanks your pal, Hess

He's a pass rusher that cant rush the passer.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Matt, seriously, do you agree w me here? Last year I figured heh, a rookie who doesn't look completely out classed out there, so fans just want or need something not to be totally miserable about, as pedestrian as he seems.

then yesterday same thing. It's like this mild on the side praise.  Dude does nothing. 

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Again, another player who was never a pass rusher in college (like asking Maye to cover) He's a set the edge type run defender and he sucks at that, badly.  Dude gets put out on skates all the time.  

Lee literally has the worst instincts I've ever seen from a LBer.  Zero play recognition and zero ability to react to anything that isn't right in front of him.

31 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I keep seeing this mild praise for Jordan Jenkins going on two years now and have yet to see him make a play. I swear I'm watching. What am I missing?

thanks your pal, Hess

It's almost as if you're not impressed by 3-4 tackles...

4 hours ago, batman10023 said:

who should we have drafted instead of him?

Considering that we didn't draft anyone decent in this draft, I would advocate that we should have given up every pick to move up for Carson Wentz - which was something we were rumored to be interested in.

27 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Lee might actually still be a good 43 WLB. Mo and Williams could still play 43 DT. Ealy can play a good 43DE. Fwiw Maulden was a stud 43DE. Jenkins probably makes for a better 43SLB than coming off the edge. 

This team is actually ripe for next year when they get a New offensive HC the #1 pick/qb and bring in a 43 DC.

We should have hired Jim Schwartz when we had the chance to run our D. He's an a$$hole, but he'd have figured out how to use the guys we had here already. Bowles is pulling that same sh*t Mangini did - focusing on the D, but keeping us on the perpetual search for "guys that fit". Rather than coaching what he has. I hated Rex, but he could at least make the best of the guys in the room (on defense). Bowles is worthless.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

What was I calling Lee last year, oh that's right, a spectator.  He literally watches plays happen right in front of him and then starts chasing. 

Precisely what Gholston used to do. Game is too fast for his dumb brains.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

We should have hired Jim Schwartz when we had the chance to run our D. He's an a$$hole, but he'd have figured out how to use the guys we had here already. Bowles is pulling that same sh*t Mangini did - focusing on the D, but keeping us on the perpetual search for "guys that fit". Rather than coaching what he has. I hated Rex, but he could at least make the best of the guys in the room (on defense). Bowles is worthless.

I'd take Pettine back.  Shouldn't have gone to the Browns at that time.  I think he could be a good coach.

Archived