Sign in to follow this  
AFJF

Not a good sign for Darron Lee

Lee might actually still be a good 43 WLB. Mo and Williams could still play 43 DT. Ealy can play a good 43DE. Fwiw Maulden was a stud 43DE. Jenkins probably makes for a better 43SLB than coming off the edge. 

This team is actually ripe for next year when they get a New offensive HC the #1 pick/qb and bring in a 43 DC.

5 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I keep seeing this mild praise for Jordan Jenkins going on two years now and have yet to see him make a play. I swear I'm watching. What am I missing?

thanks your pal, Hess

He's a pass rusher that cant rush the passer.

2 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Matt, seriously, do you agree w me here? Last year I figured heh, a rookie who doesn't look completely out classed out there, so fans just want or need something not to be totally miserable about, as pedestrian as he seems.

then yesterday same thing. It's like this mild on the side praise.  Dude does nothing. 

15 minutes ago, Matt39 said:

Again, another player who was never a pass rusher in college (like asking Maye to cover) He's a set the edge type run defender and he sucks at that, badly.  Dude gets put out on skates all the time.  

Lee literally has the worst instincts I've ever seen from a LBer.  Zero play recognition and zero ability to react to anything that isn't right in front of him.

What was I calling Lee last year, oh that's right, a spectator.  He literally watches plays happen right in front of him and then starts chasing. 

31 minutes ago, HessStation said:

I keep seeing this mild praise for Jordan Jenkins going on two years now and have yet to see him make a play. I swear I'm watching. What am I missing?

thanks your pal, Hess

It's almost as if you're not impressed by 3-4 tackles...

4 hours ago, batman10023 said:

who should we have drafted instead of him?

Considering that we didn't draft anyone decent in this draft, I would advocate that we should have given up every pick to move up for Carson Wentz - which was something we were rumored to be interested in.

27 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Lee might actually still be a good 43 WLB. Mo and Williams could still play 43 DT. Ealy can play a good 43DE. Fwiw Maulden was a stud 43DE. Jenkins probably makes for a better 43SLB than coming off the edge. 

This team is actually ripe for next year when they get a New offensive HC the #1 pick/qb and bring in a 43 DC.

We should have hired Jim Schwartz when we had the chance to run our D. He's an a$$hole, but he'd have figured out how to use the guys we had here already. Bowles is pulling that same sh*t Mangini did - focusing on the D, but keeping us on the perpetual search for "guys that fit". Rather than coaching what he has. I hated Rex, but he could at least make the best of the guys in the room (on defense). Bowles is worthless.

10 minutes ago, JiF said:

What was I calling Lee last year, oh that's right, a spectator.  He literally watches plays happen right in front of him and then starts chasing. 

Precisely what Gholston used to do. Game is too fast for his dumb brains.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

We should have hired Jim Schwartz when we had the chance to run our D. He's an a$$hole, but he'd have figured out how to use the guys we had here already. Bowles is pulling that same sh*t Mangini did - focusing on the D, but keeping us on the perpetual search for "guys that fit". Rather than coaching what he has. I hated Rex, but he could at least make the best of the guys in the room (on defense). Bowles is worthless.

I'd take Pettine back.  Shouldn't have gone to the Browns at that time.  I think he could be a good coach.

11 minutes ago, JiF said:

Again, another player who was never a pass rusher in college (like asking Maye to cover) He's a set the edge type run defender and he sucks at that, badly.  Dude gets put out on skates all the time.  

Lee literally has the worst instincts I've ever seen from a LBer.  Zero play recognition and zero ability to react to anything that isn't right in front of him.

That would be my so far review on both players as well. Both would possibly do well in a different scheme but not this one. Hoping the new DC next year runs a 43

35 minutes ago, HessStation said:

Mauldin.. stud? Like a wall stud or...? Please define so I can decide whether to click the laughing emoji or the downvote one.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

I'd take Pettine back.  Shouldn't have gone to the Browns at that time.  I think he could be a good coach.

I don't want anyone we've had. That's too Jetsy, our fans always want back the guy that used to suck, after they convince themselves that it was a more comforting suck than the current suck.

I want an offensive coach, preferably an established one - like Harbaugh - and a top-2 QB. I'm too old for this sh*t where the Jets are building a team perpetually for 1980's style football, while the rest of the league points and laughs.

53 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Okay.

"Darron Lee was the lowest-graded Jet on defense"

Maybe you do but I dont need Costello to explain to me which player(s) stunk the most.

Also, context, look it up.

11 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Just thinking about this more... the Arizona Defense never skipped a beat when Bowles left, he comes here, he inherits a 1st round safety, and our GM has given him FA safeties and corners, multiple safeties in the 1st and 2nd round of the draft, even a LBer that is built like a safety in the 1st round, plus a slew of safeties have cycled through the backend of the roster... and yet, here we are still searching for "a Bowles guy" that can play Honeybadgers role in our defense, or whatever... 

Horrible player. Any undrafted linebacker could do what Lee "does".

One of these years, we will hopefully have a GM that uses our prime picks on offensive players. This rebuild doesn't begin until we start assembling talent for the offensive line and skill positions.  

15 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't want anyone we've had. That's too Jetsy, our fans always want back the guy that used to suck, after they convince themselves that it was a more comforting suck than the current suck.

I want an offensive coach, preferably an established one - like Harbaugh - and a top-2 QB. I'm too old for this sh*t where the Jets are building a team perpetually for 1980's style football, while the rest of the league points and laughs.

It seems very realistic that Jim Harbaugh is going to leave his alma matter and 9M a year to join the Jets.

7 minutes ago, gEYno said:

It seems very realistic that Jim Harbaugh is going to leave his alma matter and 9M a year to join the Jets.

I said like Harbaugh. Geez.

The Jets will undoubtedly settle for Shmimm Shmarbaugh.

4 minutes ago, HessStation said:

2018 starting D:

DE: Ealy

DT: Wilkerson 2018 3rd round pick

DT: Williams

DE: Mauldin 2018 Free Agent Max $$$

WOLB: Lee 2018 2nd round pick

MLB: 2018 2nd round pick (via Richardson)

SOLB: Jenkins 2018 Free Agent Max $$$

SS: Adams

FS: Maye

CB: Burris 2018 1st round pick

CB: Claiborne 

woohoo cant wait!

It's Maccagnan's Jets, that means that every 2 years he acquires replacements for the guys he just added to fill the same hole 2 years ago. In 2019 we replace Claiborne. 2020 Adams and Maye. Wash, rinse, repeat.

39 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

Maybe you do but I dont need Costello to explain to me which player(s) stunk the most.

Also, context, look it up.

Yeah, those grades weren't made up by Costello, but okay.

23 minutes ago, HessStation said:

2018 starting D:

DE: Ealy

DT: Wilkerson

DT: Williams

DE: Mauldin

WOLB: Lee 

MLB: 2018 2nd round pick (via Richardson)

SOLB: Jenkins

SS: Adams

FS: Maye

CB: Burris

CB: Claiborne 

woohoo cant wait!

latest?cb=20130816013736

23 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

Yeah, those grades weren't made up by Costello, but okay.

I considered taking a moment to dissect and explain to you the difference of what I previously stated and your subsequent misinterpretations but I wont. It would be futile , without merit and cannot change the fact that empty barrels will always make the most noise.

7 minutes ago, Kleckineau said:

I considered taking a moment to dissect and explain to you the difference of what I previously stated and your subsequent misinterpretations but I wont. It would be futile , without merit and cannot change the fact that empty barrels will always make the most noise.

Thank you for deciding not to fill my empty barrel.

7 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

Lee is so bad that I'm not even sure he has a trade value.   We'll see what happens with the new regime.   I am over the 3-4, it's time to find a defense that the kids play in college and stop trying to "convert" 1st rd picks to a new position. 

He should have trade value to a 4-3 team running the Tampa 2 needing a WLB where he can stay clean react and chase everything in front of him.  This reminds me of Vilma is Mangini's 3-4 defense with.  The big difference is that Vilma had the opportunity to put a lot of good tape prior to Mangini bad scheme fit.

24 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

latest?cb=20130816013736

I'm trying to be optimistic that with a new DC will be the needed change and some of these stiffs will come alive playing in a better fit scheme. I've gone loco too. I'm gasping for hope from anywhere 

8 hours ago, varjet said:

Maybe part of the problem is that the scheme doesn't fit the players abilities?

Then don't draft them or don't play them; one or the other.

8 hours ago, Scoop24 said:

Agreed. Dude isn't  a MLB he isn't good at shedding blocks or read and reacting .. Bowles is one weird defensive guy .. 

It seems that Bowles is a one dimensional defensive coach. He can't coach the 4-3, and neither could Rex Ryan, who went to Buffalo and the defense got WORSE. Bowles is not long for the head coaching world. He simply is not smart enough - maybe he is, but he isn't a quick reactor to situations that demand quick actions and decisions.

As far as Lee is concerned he looks like he doesn't like contact very much. I think he might be better as an OLB in the 4-3, but if he doesn't show more physicality he won't be long for the team.