I know Manish has an unhealthy obsession with Mo Wilk

AFJF

• Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

It's not even about stats, although he's done nothing in that area but if you watch the tape and the game you'll see just such a lack of effort and hustle.   That's the part that bothers me most.  Maybe we cut Wilk in the offseason and bring back Sheldon?  Would be a genius move in a tank year to trade him, get the assets back then bring him back.  Although once Sheldon sees how a real winning organization is run I doubt he'll want to come back

Just now, gEYno said:

It seems like only a week ago I was the a$$hole for suggesting that we get rid of Mo and keep Sheldon.  Hmmmmm...

A week ago, no one would have taken Mo and his contract. The mistake was signing Mo to that big deal. Once that mistake was done there was no other choice. We are better off with a 2nd rounder than Sheldon. Sheldon is really good, but we need draft picks to build this team (maybe help us trade up in the 1st) and not very good DL with off the field issues. 

1 minute ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

A week ago, no one would have taken Mo and his contract. The mistake was signing Mo to that big deal. Once that mistake was done there was no other choice. We are better off with a 2nd rounder than Sheldon. Sheldon is really good, but we need draft picks to build this team (maybe help us trade up in the 1st) and not very good DL with off the field issues. 

If all goes well, Mac can parlay that 2nd round pick into a Devin Smith or Christian Hackenberg type player.  Considering Maye pretty much sucked in his debut, we'll see how that one goes too.

Everybody's superstar #92 was also impotent yesterday and did nothing along side his useless compatriot #96. If the HC is boring, not interested, not interesting, dull, totally lacking in passion and fire, and in this completely over his head like a guppy in a tsunami, what do you expect his players to be?

Hot newsflash for all of the Bowltite supporters: THE PLAYERS MIRROR THEIR LEADERSHIP. Always have, always will. If Wilkerson / Leo, LEe and all of the rest of the over paid underachievers see their HC getting paid to do nothing, they will follow suit, simple isn't it?

PS Nice in game and halftime adjustments Todd, once again. But I digress to your 6 SB rings, you don't need to adjust, the games will come to you.:wub:

36 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

JETS management is so inept.   The players with guts and care, we release.  Passion sells... Wilk has none.

Look at our 1st and 2nd round picks last 10 years.

Its a joke.  I dont blame Mo. I wouldn't risk my health for this team either.

Watching the Giants last night, even when the game is out of reach, you are hearing Snacks name called.

We let the high character NT go, and pay one of the 3 DE that we have.   Well played McDipsh*t

33 minutes ago, gEYno said:

If all goes well, Mac can parlay that 2nd round pick into a Devin Smith or Christian Hackenberg type player.  Considering Maye pretty much sucked in his debut, we'll see how that one goes too.

I think Maye and Adams will have to be an 8+ year type Safety combo if there's any hope for this team. They'll both get a long leash from me this year as long as they're hopefully improving/developing as rookies. 

Glenn I agree that Wilk needs to play better. And this contract is looking terrible. But my point right now is your comment on the unhealthy obsession Manish has. It is like borderline stalking at this point. This tweet right after the game, I can never remember a reporter going after a defensive lineman like this before.

54 minutes ago, southparkcpa said:

JETS management is so inept.   The players with guts and care, we release.  Passion sells... Wilk has none.

Look at our 1st and 2nd round picks last 10 years.

Its a joke.  I dont blame Mo. I wouldn't risk my health for this team either.

let's see how sheldon plays with passion once he gets his big fat contract

17 minutes ago, chirorob said:

Watching the Giants last night, even when the game is out of reach, you are hearing Snacks name called.

We let the high character NT go, and pay one of the 3 DE that we have.   Well played McDipsh*t

he's still playing hard after getting his contract.   we just couldn't make the math work i guess.

Regardless of the outcome, Manish's opinion on this topic is 100% completely meaningless.  Wilk can quite deservedly get trashed for his play, but years of personal vendettas are not suddenly justified in that process.  The last thing Mehta should get is the slightest bit of endorsement for his lunacy.

Getting rid of Richardson was still the right decision, regardless of what they do with Wilk.  Every concern that comes with Mo also exists with Richardson, plus more.  Anyone thinking Mo not earning his big fat contract is reason to give one to Richardson must not be paying attention.  Richardson being gone should have no impact on what the Jets decide to do with Mo next offseason, just as the opposite was very much true when they dealt Sheldon.

2 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he wanted to stay as well.  i think they had to get rid of one out of the three..  

it's been clear we have missed him in the run game.

He got his big contract from the Giants and he is still playing with his UDFA chip on his shoulder. Shades of Kris Jenkins in that one. 

1 minute ago, The Crusher said:

Snacks is the one we should have kept. 

This I can wholeheartedly agree with.  If there's a dispute about who was the right choice for a contract, Snacks is a much stronger argument than Richardson, especially given the main points of the argument.  The latter simply seems to the easiest alternative for some to point to at the moment, but would have been just as misguided.

The mistake was not signing Snack early and letting Wilkerson walk. Wilkerson is a bum. Plain and simple. Sheldon is too dumb to risk a big contract on. Snacks is the best run plugger in the NFL, and despite being a "2 down" player is way more valable than Wilk. Been saying it for years.

4 minutes ago, batman10023 said:

he's still playing hard after getting his contract.   we just couldn't make the math work i guess.

Sure you could.   Pay him, let Mo coming off a broken leg walk, use the extra 7 million and sign another competent O Lineman.

All those problems in the locker room, Snacks was a leader you let go.

2 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

The mistake was not signing Snack early and letting Wilkerson walk. Wilkerson is a bum. Plain and simple. Sheldon is too dumb to risk a big contract on. Snacks is the best run plugger in the NFL, and despite being a "2 down" player is way more valable than Wilk. Been saying it for years.

we could have locked him up early is correct.  he was undrafted and so probably would have loved to take some guaranteed money.

i don't know why we gave Wilk that big of a contract after his leg.  

i am fine with trading sheldon.  i don't think he's going to live up to his second contract.

19 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

No one wanted that two years ago. It was "You don't pay your DT/NT big bucks". Basically the only person I ever saw in favor of keeping Snacks was Ray Lucas. It made alot of sense though to keep him and let him clog up the middle and get rid of Sheldon or Mo.

Just another inept move by the Jets

15 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

I said it before, I said it then and I'll continue to say it . A true NT is a premium position and when you have that player you don't give it up .  This type of player makes everyone better, because he keeps the OGs and OC off the inside linebackers and because he demands a double team, he allows the DEs in the 43 scheme and the OLBers in the 34 to get after the QB. Mike Pennell doesn't have the stamina to play the position on a down to down basis but is a perfect complimentary player . Him and Simon are a better combination than him and Mclendon who's more like Wilkerson and Williams .  There's a difference between Warren Sapp and Bogger Mcfarland and both players played inside at DT.

Archived