marshall and decker stats yesterday

Barkus

Once they build a relationship with their respective QB's, they're both going to have productive seasons. 

Mariota had a nice game on Sunday throwing mostly to Rishard Matthews and Delanie Walker, guys who he is a lot more familiar with.  More of those throws will start going Decker's way in the near future, particularly in the Red Zone.

As for Marshall, he might be too old to be a team's WR1, so getting Odell back healthy will actually help him. 

This shouldn't really make anyone feel better. 

Amazing how far Marshall has fallen since 2015.  Last year was bad and this year looks even worse.  They

all knew Beckham wasn't going to play and the chemistry he had with Manning was horrible.  In addition

the coverage of the NYG is horrible, a WR is not more important than a QB.  Beckham not playing hurt

but didn't they supposedly have their "franchise QB" playing?  No matter how many names they bring in 

it's amazing how awful their "explosive" offense is 

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

Fire Macc!

You do realize Macc wanted to keep both of them this year, right?

Marshall, in particular, was offered an extension to keep him beyond the 2017 season.

The rumor regarding Decker is Woody had to step in (to cut both him and Harris), since we were purging the roster anyway. 

It seems you should take your post to heart literally instead of this inadvertently failed sarcasm. ;) 

4 minutes ago, KRL said:

Amazing how far Marshall has fallen since 2015.  Last year was bad and this year looks even worse.  They

all knew Beckham wasn't going to play and the chemistry he had with Manning was horrible.  In addition

the coverage of the NYG is horrible, a WR is not more important than a QB.  Beckham not playing hurt

but didn't they supposedly have their "franchise QB" playing?  No matter how many names they bring in 

The Beckham stuff has been a bit strange. But that's par for the course with them it seems now. I was surprised he didnt play.

Did you happen to see their offensive line yesterday? The cowboys defense didn't cause they walked right through it. Eli can't get the ball to anyone and their offense can't be explosive if their line doesn't hold up.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

9 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Marshall, in particular, was offered an extension to keep him beyond the 2017 season.

The rumor regarding Decker is Woody had to step in (to cut both him and Harris), since we were purging the roster anyway. 

It seems you should take your post to heart literally instead of this inadvertently failed sarcasm. ;) 

First time Ive heard about Woody re: Decker. Where is this from? 

12 minutes ago, KRL said:

It is pretty funny. The "narrative" this summer has been all about how the Giants will be a Top 5 offense, yet they did nothing in preseason, and at the end of the game they showed a graphic that they have not scored 20 points in their last 9 or 10 games. OBJ is great, but he is not THAT great.

It seems you should take your post to heart literally instead of this inadvertently failed sarcasm.  

Only article I have found remotely suggesting this was written by Manish Mehta so...

41 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

You should feed this so-called rumor (which no one ever heard before) to Mehta.  He'll write quite the juicy article.

Keep it up and I'm going to throw another "fake news" on ya.

34 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Did you happen to see their offensive line yesterday? The cowboys defense didn't cause they walked right through it. Eli can't get the ball to anyone and their offense can't be explosive if their line doesn't hold up.

Why can't we use that excuse for our QBs?

I don't know why the Giants didn't go more to Marshall esp with Odell not playing. You'd think he would be their main man. Sometimes on gameday things don't work out. For various reasons certain guys aren't thrown to. Coverage, etc. It just seemed to me like a no-brainer to involve him more in the offense since nothing else much was working for them. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Once they build a relationship with their respective QB's, they're both going to have productive seasons. 

Mariota had a nice game on Sunday throwing mostly to Rishard Matthews and Delanie Walker, guys who he is a lot more familiar with.  More of those throws will start going Decker's way in the near future, particularly in the Red Zone.

As for Marshall, he might be too old to be a team's WR1, so getting Odell back healthy will actually help him. 

This shouldn't really make anyone feel better. 

Using that logic Kearse should have a huge year. Only 4 practices with McCown, 7 catches for 59 yards.

1 hour ago, Sperm Edwards said:

yes, but that just means mac was trying to give bowles the players wants.  also marshall was offered an extension but at less money.  at this point it's, whatever.  both of their teams lost just like the jets did.

I have no issues with letting old broken down players go. Marshall is such a douche, he will terrorize that locker room. I do however have an issue with trying to build a team while allowing Watson and Cook to go to other teams and drafting 2 mediocre safeties with picks 1 and 2. Imagine how exciting this would be if we had Watson and Cook on offense?

1 hour ago, johnnysd said:

It is pretty funny. The "narrative" this summer has been all about how the Giants will be a Top 5 offense, yet they did nothing in preseason, and at the end of the game they showed a graphic that they have not scored 20 points in their last 9 or 10 games. OBJ is great, but he is not THAT great.

The Giants have championship caliber talent on offense, but if you don't have an offenseline - just aren't going to see that talent.

1 hour ago, Jet9 said:

First time Ive heard about Woody re: Decker. Where is this from? 

That's what floated around at the time. That Woody stepped in because they were already dumping salary of players with a short future remaining with the team (or in the league), so it seemed silly to keep these two for another $15m that'd be better spent on future players next year and beyond.

None of us were in the proverbial room, but it doesn't sound far-fetched.

53 minutes ago, Pac said:

You should feed this so-called rumor (which no one ever heard before) to Mehta.  He'll write quite the juicy article.

Keep it up and I'm going to throw another "fake news" on ya.

If it makes you feel better about your deity, go right ahead. It's the opposite of Maccagnan's previous actions on his own, which were to re-sign Marshall, bring in Steve Smith, re-sign Clady, etc. as well as previously telling the Harris camp that he wasn't going to get cut. 

I enjoyed having Marshall n Decker here, as it was nice having a legit WR1, 2, 3 combo (with Quincy).

But definitely no hard feelings they left or were released.  They didn't fit the plan at their current deals, and Marshall didn't want to take less to tank.  Can't fault him for that.

At least now we get to play the young guys and have them with plenty of experience come 2018 when games are meaningful again.

However the recent additions of Kearse and Kerley are a bit worrisome.  Can't let them take all the playing time from the youngin's.

32 minutes ago, rangerous said:

yes, but that just means mac was trying to give bowles the players wants.  also marshall was offered an extension but at less money.  at this point it's, whatever.  both of their teams lost just like the jets did.

Actually that's what you want it to mean, not what it actually means. For example, it couldn't be more obvious that Bowles didn't want to let Sheldon Richardson go; that was a player he wanted (and had).

While possible the extension came with a pay cut, there is no evidence or even a rumor I saw that Marshall's extension offer was for less money, or if the money was the same for the 2017 season but lower on the extension years, or no pay cut at all. If you have such a link, fine. But I thought Marshall or one of his reps said it wasn't a cut and no one else - other than fans speculating - commented on the amount. He wanted out once the purge started, because the Jets clearly weren't going to be a winner any time soon and he wasn't getting any younger.

They were right to cut him loose, but frankly they shouldn't have offered him an extension at any price. 

52 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

If it makes you feel better about your deity, go right ahead. It's the opposite of Maccagnan's previous actions on his own, which were to re-sign Marshall, bring in Steve Smith, re-sign Clady, etc. as well as previously telling the Harris camp that he wasn't going to get cut. 

My deity? haha...  Without getting into too much detail lets just say my feeling about the Donald is the complete opposite.  Which is why I was poking fun at the ridiculous phrase in the first place.  

We can play Columbo about the moves all we want but at the end of the day all we really know is what really happened.  High priced vets were cut and the youth movement started full steam ahead.  

They obviously hoped Hack would win the QB competition but had to hedge their bet with a competent QB.

3 hours ago, Barkus said:

Decker 3catches 10yds

Marshall 1catch 10yds

meh, if it makes anyone feel better they were non-factors yesterday.

Before anybody starts to feel better about this, it seem reminiscent of 2011.  Remember when we felt better about:

Cotchery 16catches 237yards

Edwards 15catches 181yards? 

Think about what we fielded at WR from 2012 - 2014.  It is truly horrifying.  

6 minutes ago, Pac said:

My deity? haha...  Without getting into too much detail lets just say my feeling about the Donald is the complete opposite.  Which is why I was poking fun at the ridiculous phrase in the first place.  

We can play Columbo about the moves all we want but at the end of the day all we really know is what really happened.  High priced vets were cut and the youth movement started full steam ahead.  

They obviously hoped Hack would win the QB competition but had to hedge their bet with a competent QB.

How do McCown, Beachum, and Kerley fit?  They hedged their bet with a competent QB, and fairly incompetent WR and LT? 

16 minutes ago, Pac said:

Not even counting Mo, who started the season with a minimum of $27m in guaranteed cap charges remaining, thanks to Maccagnan, you mean non-dead weight and youthful players we didn't need to add/keep like Josh McCown ($6m), Buster Skrine ($6m), Marcus Williams ($3m), Ijalana ($5m), and extension offers to Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, a keep-with-paycut offer for David Harris...

You could try seeing the situation for what it is instead of what you wish that it is.

We are a horrible football team thanks to an overpromoted boob of a GM, a ditz of a contract/capologist, and an incompetent nice guy eunuch for HC. The man who hired them all has never seen fit to hire a head of football operations, despite one failure hire after another, from those willing to accept his separate-but-equal GM/HC power structure.

22 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Not even counting Mo, who started the season with a minimum of $27m in guaranteed cap charges remaining, thanks to Maccagnan, you mean non-dead weight and youthful players we didn't need to add/keep like Josh McCown ($6m), Buster Skrine ($6m), Marcus Williams ($3m), Ijalana ($5m), and extension offers to Brandon Marshall, Ryan Clady, a keep-with-paycut offer for David Harris...

You could try seeing the situation for what it is instead of what you wish that it is.

We are a horrible football team thanks to an overpromoted boob of a GM, a ditz of a contract/capologist, and an incompetent nice guy eunuch for HC. The man who hired them all has never seen fit to hire a head of football operations, despite one failure hire after another, from those willing to accept his separate-but-equal GM/HC power structure.

You can't field a team made up entirely of rookies or other unproven players.  Despite what many on this site believe they aren't trying to field the Washington Generals. 

Are you suggesting they should have let Mo walk for nothing on the heels of Sheldons wild ride in the blunt mobile?   

We are a horrible football team in large part to the curse of Ryan Fitzpatrick and the yahoos who thought he was a swell QB.  He is right up there with Idzik as the worst things to happen to this team in my 30 years of fandom.

Archived