Adams played 75 snaps but only 19 at safety.

jetscanes331

"Adams played 75 snaps, but only 19 came at safety, which led to some of his struggles against the run as he had to face Buffalo’s offensive linemen in the box." - PFF

Didn't see this discussed yet. Is it because the lack of talent at LB or just game plan? 

I don't see why you'd draft a safety talent like Adams to not play him  there.

• Replies 86
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, jetscanes331 said:

"Adams played 75 snaps, but only 19 came at safety, which led to some of his struggles against the run as he had to face Buffalo’s offensive linemen in the box." - PFF

Didn't see this discussed yet. Is it because the lack of talent at LB or just game plan? 

Bowles is a dimwit. I've officially turned my rifle on him.

WHY THE **** ARE YOU DOING THIS?

1 minute ago, jetscanes331 said:

Here's the thing... I don't mind trying to move players around and put them in different spots to see how they react... I'm all for seeing how far their versatility stretches, especially early in the season.

But, unfortunately, TB has a history of letting these experiments go on pretty much all season. He did it with our Dlinemen last year, constantly setting them up out of position. He put CBs that had no business guarding the slot in the slot. It didn't work, but he kept trying.

So... This is worrisome. It's one thing to try something out, or to switch up a game-plan a little to catch a team off-guard... It's another to be stubborn and predictable, even when something isn't working.

8 minutes ago, jetscanes331 said:

I need more information .Was someone else playing his S position, or was he in the box in a 46 look and from some reason PFF says he is not a S when in the box? Don't we really need to know the personnel group and alignment to evaluate this? And, he was drafted because he could play in the box and deep. Witht he way the Bills were gashing the Jets, I'd expect him to be in the box.

1 minute ago, UntouchableCrew said:

I mean, Lee was never a regular pass rusher in college. He was a 4-3 OLB... Versatility was his greatest strength.

Lee replaced Ryan Shazier at OSU and the Jets apparently thought he could be just like Shazier (an ILB) in the pros. It's looking like they were wrong

4 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

His greatest asset is his speed. He sucks in coverage. Use him as a pass rusher. He could get by several of them with good spin technique

lol, what are you ******* talking about ... something else you read on twitter? it takes more than speed to be a pass rusher in a 34 defense. good grief

1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

I don't see why you'd draft Sheldon Richardson, play him at LBer, then trade him for peanuts and call it a coup either, but hey, what do I know? I'm just a monkey.

So, they should have done what with Sheldon? Give him a big contract when he has 2 strikes? Don't you think if some team, any team, was willing to give up more for Sheldon, they would have offered it? 

Just now, Sonny Werblin said:

So, they should have done what with Sheldon? Give him a big contract when he has 2 strikes? Don't you think if some team, any team, was willing to give up more for Sheldon, they would have offered it? 

2 strikes, oh noes

guys need to stop fear mongering about "2 strikes", any half-brained negotiator puts language in the contract that protects the team from that sh*t... there's no reason to give the guy away for peanuts, but because Bowles played him out of position for 2 years, he killed his value... it's got nothing to do with what teams were offering, it's got everything to do with how the Jets forfeited their bargaining position and hurt his value.

20 minutes ago, DMan77 said:

Here's the thing... I don't mind trying to move players around and put them in different spots to see how they react... I'm all for seeing how far their versatility stretches, especially early in the season.

But, unfortunately, TB has a history of letting these experiments go on pretty much all season. He did it with our Dlinemen last year, constantly setting them up out of position. He put CBs that had no business guarding the slot in the slot. It didn't work, but he kept trying.

So... This is worrisome. It's one thing to try something out, or to switch up a game-plan a little to catch a team off-guard... It's another to be stubborn and predictable, even when something isn't working.

isn't this what TC & PS are for

Just now, Integrity28 said:

2 strikes, oh noes

guys need to stop fear mongering about "2 strikes", any half-brained negotiator puts language in the contract that protects the team from that sh*t... there's no reason to give the guy away for peanuts, but because Bowles played him out of position for 2 years, he killed his value... it's got nothing to do with what teams were offering, it's got everything to do with how the Jets forfeited their bargaining position and hurt his value.

They got a second round pick and a player. Not sure what you think they could have gotten in a trade, but I'm listening.....

Just now, Sperm Edwards said:

You have to figure it to be a very late 2nd round pick, and we don't get it until the following season. It's the trade value of a bottom-pick in the 3rd round this season.

I figured it would be a late second round pick but I was surprised they got anything for him at all. He's essentially a rental who's one major incident away from a suspension

1 minute ago, Sonny Werblin said:

They got a second round pick and a player. Not sure what you think they could have gotten in a trade, but I'm listening.....

When you "hit" on a rare DL talent in the 1st round, you trade him for 1st rounders. 

When you "hit" on a rare DL talent in the 1st round, then play him at LBer and make him look like a spare part, you trade him for a future 2nd (not as valuable as a true 2nd) and a JAG WR. 

The argument I'm making is that the Jets got the value they could, because they didn't manage his value properly. I'm not saying some magical team was going to offer more, and they just didn't get it. That would be stupid. I'm saying they almost never "hit" on draft picks, then when they do, they don't keep them... and fail miserably to grow the investment into more. Instead, they get less and tell the fans it was an win.

Just now, Integrity28 said:

When you "hit" on a rare DL talent in the 1st round, you trade him for 1st rounders. 

When you "hit" on a rare DL talent in the 1st round, then play him at LBer and make him look like a spare part, you trade him for a future 2nd (not as valuable as a true 2nd) and a JAG WR. 

The argument I'm making is that the Jets got the value they could, because they didn't manage his value properly. I'm not saying some magical team was going to offer more, and they just didn't get it. That would be stupid. I'm saying they almost never "hit" on draft picks, then when they do, they don't keep them... and fail miserably to grow the investment into more. Instead, they get less and tell the fans it was an win.

When your 1st rounders have a habit of running their mouths and a propensity for weed ( which is still banned in the NFL)  you take what you can can get for them. Sheldon was a failed test away from being a Randy Gregory.

Archived