jets QB search : Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold are Lighting up LA ~ ~ ~

kelly

The Jets are exactly what we thought they were.

With 0-16 still a possibility and coming off their first embarassing loss of the season in Oakland, the winless Jets are following a script Jets fans hope will lead them to a top pick in the draft and a chance to select the franchise QB that’s eluded the franchise for generations.

The  :rolleyes:  Suck for Sam campaign  :rolleyes:   is very much alive. Sunday’s 45-20 loss to Oakland kept the Jets winless, lifeless, and right where they need to be in pursuit of a someone like Sam Darnold, the USC golden boy, or UCLA gunslinger Josh Rosen, or Wyoming QB Josh Allen. The Jets are not playing well right now, but they might be the only ones upset about that. These are the three players Jets fans are most concerned about.Darnold threw for 397 yards and three touchdowns this weekend. Rosen threw for 463 and four. Allen got roughed up in a loss to Oregon. These are the numbers Jets fans are looking at after two weeks.

If you’re a Jets fan, you’re hoping for 14 more Sundays like the one they just put together against an Oakland team that’s on its way to where the Jets hope to be one day. The Jets are now preparing for two straight games at home in front of a stadium that, weirdly, will probably be hoping for continued ineptitude.Jets fans know exactly what lies ahead this season. It has the potential to be ugly, but the uglier the better. The people in the seats this weekend should be fine with that. Jets fans know what they’ve got right now. Todd Bowles said Monday he’s still figuring this lot out. “We’re still learning about the identity part but I know we got a lot a fight in us,” he said. “We’ve just got to not make the mistakes we’ve been making.”

Bowles isn’t happy with the way the Jets are giving up big plays. He didn’t care for the tackling Sunday. He can’t be happy about a run defense that’s been trampled for 370 yards the last two weeks. Bowles said he’s “disappointed” in his defense. During the next two home games, there will no doubt be plenty of fans wanting more of the same.Josh McCown is the starting quarterback of a team that has to be looking straight through him, hoping for better days ahead. Next up are home games against the Dolphins and the awful Jaguars. These next games might just be measuring stick games of how bad the Jets can be.

“Every week we hope it’s this week that we start playing the kind of football that we know we’re capable of playing,” he said.Ask a Jets fan. If they’re still paying attention to this team, they probably have a pretty good idea of what the Jets are capable of. And more than likely, it’s a lost season, a high draft pick, and a significant change of fate.“We can get better,” Bowles said.

Really? There are plenty of Jets fans who sure wish they won’t. 

>    http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-upset-losing-article-1.3504809

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/20/2017 at 12:59 PM, DMan77 said:

:lol::D

VIDEO: USC QB Sam Darnold hits wakeboarder with perfect strike on a crossing route

Imagae via SamDarnold
Imagae via SamDarnold
By Michael HulsePosted 

USC quarterback Sam Darnold is the odds on favorite to be the #1 overall pick in next year’s draft. This weekend, he was mixing business with pleasure while out on a boat with some friends.

Darnold posted a video to Instagram of him throwing a perfect strike on a crossing route to an airborne friend on a wakeboard. Just like they drew it up.

Greatness never takes a day off, even on a day off.

On 9/18/2017 at 1:42 PM, Tinstar said:

Allen Needs a Jay Cutler vs Florida game or he's out of the 1st round .  I want the Jets to have the 2nd pick because I want someone to take either Darnold or Rosen and leave the Jets and their fans without a choice .

cropped_darnold.jpg?ts=1506198433

;)

On 9/18/2017 at 1:42 PM, Tinstar said:

Allen Needs a Jay Cutler vs Florida game or he's out of the 1st round .  I want the Jets to have the 2nd pick because I want someone to take either Darnold or Rosen and leave the Jets and their fans without a choice .

58363ba740164_jetshari.thumb.png.1bb994e

:cry:

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

He's our QB. Rosen and Darnold are gone before we pick, and we may have to move up for Mayfield. A lot of teams need a QB

Mayfield and Oklahoma got beat today at home by a walk-on QB. Mayfield didn't have a bad game but he did get beat at home. I still like his game and his response to an Iowa State player planting their flag at mid-field was classy. He showed maturity in the loss and at the presser. Still looks like a player to me and the reason why I like the guy the most is that He walked on at Texas Tech and lost the job. Then transferred to Oklahoma and beat out The incumbent starter and another guy after sitting out the year before. That tells me the guy has a ton of heart and the stones to get the job done. You need a guy with those two qualities to succeed in NY. I just don't know if he is a top ten pick.If the Jets somehow came out of the 2018 Draft with Saquon and Mayfield I would be one happy Jet Fan. I doubt it happens though but stranger things have and it will be fun to watch as usual.

2 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

Mayfield and Oklahoma got beat today at home by a walk-on QB. Mayfield didn't have a bad game but he did get beat at home. I still like his game and his response to an Iowa State player planting their flag at mid-field was classy. He showed maturity in the loss and at the presser. Still looks like a player to me and the reason why I like the guy the most is that He walked on at Texas Tech and lost the job. Then transferred to Oklahoma and beat out The incumbent starter and another guy after sitting out the year before. That tells me the guy has a ton of heart and the stones to get the job done. You need a guy with those two qualities to succeed in NY. I just don't know if he is a top ten pick.If the Jets somehow came out of the 2018 Draft with Saquon and Mayfield I would be one happy Jet Fan. I doubt it happens though but stranger things have and it will be fun to watch as usual.

I wouldn't mind McSorely out of PSU either.  Dude's a gamer and will probably last till the 7th.

1 hour ago, JetFaninMI said:

I liked what he did against Texas Tech both times he played them.  Won both games and last year threw for over 500 yards and 7 TDs.

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Is Luke Falk sneaking into consideration as a mid-to-high first rounder?

I watched parts of that game and agree he looked good again, missed a few passes (once behind the receiver on a crossing route would have been an INT in NFL)  but he brought his team back for the win, looks the part, would be great to see him and Washington makes a run for the Championship and that is more likely with the Sooner loss yesterday - this class of QB's continues to impress

In other news, Sam threw another pick against an inferior team, season total now at 12 TD vs 9 INT 

53 minutes ago, nycdan said:

I think he is in the discussion.  Accuracy, poise, and touch.  A little bit inconsistent yesterday as he missed a few throws he normally makes, but he also had a couple of drives when he threw some perfect passes downfield to lead to scores.  Was nice to see him throw downfield a bit yesterday -- he has had a few games where everything is dink and dunk.

The one potential knock on Falk is arm strength -- I love his accuracy and ball placement, I think he is a great fit for a West Coast offense, he puts the ball on his receivers in position to let them make plays.  I love his ball placement, but does he have the arm strength to make an NFL defense defend the entire field.  Combine/pro day will huge for him.  If he shows he can make all the NFL throws, then I think he is in the first round discussion -- and he would look real good in green and white.

13 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I wouldn't mind McSorely out of PSU either.  Dude's a gamer and will probably last till the 7th.

Yeah, let’s take a Penn State QB.  Sackenburg can show him the best set on the bench. 

2 hours ago, nycdan said:

Looks good and has the experience in a pro styled offense but should not be considered a first rounder because of it. Lacks the arm talent, mid round arm talent.

Archived