jets QB search : Josh Rosen, Sam Darnold are Lighting up LA ~ ~ ~

kelly

1 hour ago, nycdan said:

Is Luke Falk sneaking into consideration as a mid-to-high first rounder?

Kid would be an absolute 1st overall  pick even going up against Darnold and Rosen if he had even Darnold's Arm strength . Falk, even at the college level is a hash Mark to Hash mark thrower and his ball hangs forever between the hash marks when he goes down the field . Guys like Falk and  Browning make it difficult to evaluate Pac 12 CBs .  

• Replies 85
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, NYJCAP2 said:

Looks good and has the experience in a pro styled offense but should not be considered a first rounder because of it. Lacks the arm talent, mid round arm talent.

I think WSU is 100% Air Raid.  No snaps behind center.  At least that's what I've read.  If you've seen different, do tell.

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Kid would be an absolute 1st overall  pick even going up against Darnold and Rosen if he had even Darnold's Arm strength . Falk, even at the college level is a hash Mark to Hash mark thrower and his ball hangs forever between the hash marks when he goes down the field . Guys like Falk and  Browning make it difficult to evaluate Pac 12 CBs .  

So can we put his brain into Josh Allen's body?

Going on just gut right now, I see four guys I could get excited about in the first round.  Rosen, Rudolph, Jackson and Falk.  I don't think Darnold will come out unless he turns his season around but he'd be the fifth.  Even if we do screw up and win 6 games, we'll still have a shot at one of them.  But damn, I really, really like Rosen.  Kid feels like Marino 2.0 to me.  I almost wish he'd get caught smoking a bowl so he'll drop a bit and we can correct our mistake of 35 years ago (WTF!) and draft him.

10 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So can we put his brain into Josh Allen's body?

Going on just gut right now, I see four guys I could get excited about in the first round.  Rosen, Rudolph, Jackson and Falk.  I don't think Darnold will come out unless he turns his season around but he'd be the fifth.  Even if we do screw up and win 6 games, we'll still have a shot at one of them.  But damn, I really, really like Rosen.  Kid feels like Marino 2.0 to me.  I almost wish he'd get caught smoking a bowl so he'll drop a bit and we can correct our mistake of 35 years ago (WTF!) and draft him.

Take Falk out and insert Mayfield . Kid is short, but he overcomes that with Joe Namath style moxie . OH, and somebody's going to take Josh Allen high in the 1st . The kid has way to much talent .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Take Falk out and insert Mayfield . Kid is short, but he overcomes that with Joe Namath style moxie . OH, and somebody's going to take Josh Allen high in the 1st . The kid has way to much talent .

Oh I agree about Allen.  I just don't want us to be the team that takes him.  We already have one of those LOL.

I hear what you say about Mayfield.  I'm just not sold yet.  Brees and Wilson proved that short doesn't always equal unproductive, but it's hard for me to look past it.  I'll stay open-minded on it, though, and if any team decides to take him early, that only helps us anyway.  

1 minute ago, nycdan said:

Oh I agree about Allen.  I just don't want us to be the team that takes him.  We already have one of those LOL.

I hear what you say about Mayfield.  I'm just not sold yet.  Brees and Wilson proved that short doesn't always equal unproductive, but it's hard for me to look past it.  I'll stay open-minded on it, though, and if any team decides to take him early, that only helps us anyway.  

Right now, my preference would be Rosen, Rudolph and Mayfield  . I hope that Jackson goes back to school and continues his development because he's night and day from last year but not yet ready for the NFL .

3 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Right now, my preference would be Rosen, Rudolph and Mayfield  . I hope that Jackson goes back to school and continues his development because he's night and day from last year but not yet ready for the NFL .

For his sake, sure.  But if we're drafting a QB this year, you want every single kid with 1st round potential to come out and spread the interest and the wealth around as much as possible.  

Even if we win several more games, we can always trade up.  Yeah it is expensive, but if QB is that key that we absolutely need to get, then it should be in consideration.  Especially if we are talking about moving from say a mid pick to a bottom top 10 pick.

Mac has to be all in on a QB no matter where we end up picking or what we have to move up to get the one we want.  He created this desperation by not addressing the QB spot in 2017.  This will be his last shot to right the ship here.  He better not screw it up.

Archived