David Johnson likely out 12 Weeks- Powell or Forte?

JoJoTownsell1

2 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

With Johnson likely out most of the season Cards are debating bringing back Chris Johnson. I assume they would rather have guys like Forte/Powell. In a pass happy offense like Arizona, I would think either would make more sense than Chris Johnson. Arians and Bowles go way back. 

A Forte trade would be good for both parties.

The Cards might not sign him, but this is an example of why laughing at the idea of Forte being traded is folly... No, Forte and his 4 million isn't anyones first choice for trading... But it only takes a few injuries to move Forte up the line. He'll be an option if more RBs keep going down like this... Especially on teams that want to be competitive. 

Even if it's for the better of the two, what is it you think we could get?

I'm behind getting a conditional 7th rounder in 2019 for Forte just to dump his stupid contract, but I'd be shocked if Arizona or anybody wants him. But what value does Powell have?

Powell doesn't have a lot of miles on his legs, but he's still a 29 year-old RB (next month). He has this year and next year remaining on his contract. On the other hand he's a legit dual-threat out of the backfield, with experience, who isn't a useless/clueless prima donna in pass protection.

I'd guess around a 4th rounder, depending upon demand and need, but I really have no idea. 

He's not the type of player the franchise would build around in 2018, of course, but I like the idea of someone in his mold back there with a rookie QB to pick up blitzes, be a reliable dumpoff outlet, and keep an extra defender in the box by being a legit running threat. Depends if we're just going to keep using Forte-Forte-Forte all season long in his absence, and rob McGuire of playing time in a toss-away season.

2 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

Macc is familiar with dead money perhaps we eat the contract and maybe salvage a pick out of it. Something is better than nothing he's giving us. 

Don't talk bad about macc. Did you know that he has more drafted players on the Jets roster than any other team?!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, KRL said:

One of the good things about being in "rebuild mode" is season ending injuries don't hurt.  Imagine

what ARZ fans are feeling like this afternoon?

Dude I was at that game yesterday and if I were a Zona fan I would be much more worried about Carson Palmer than any RB. The guy was pathetic.

18 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Well it's hard to look all-world when you have a bottom 3 O-line that can't open up any creases for you and the attrocious passing offense results in 8 men in the box

you can still see how slow he has gotten. Nobody thinks the OL is worth spit

4 hours ago, BurnleyJet said:

No way the Cards want Forte, he's slower than a River of molasses at this stage of his career.

But he can still pick up the blitz, catch and contribute. Nobody is saying Forte plugs in and produces like DJ. That team is built for a run w veteran QB, WR and defensive studs. Forte fits. Not sure it'll happen though.

Archived