Rex Ryan just made me throw up a little

Doggin94it

• Replies 92
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I fell asleep after the first quarter and woke up with anxiety about finding a properly fitting suit for my daughters wedding next summer. 

It's always harder trying to hit a moving target :)

It's also rough when your wife and tailor gang up on you about how a tight-fitting suit looks better.  What that got me was a really nice-looking, expensive suit I absolutely hate to wear (and don't). 

If my choice next time is between eating healthy for six months or getting a bigger suit, the only real choice to be made is...garlic mashed potatoes or creamed spinach with your steak?  And they say you can't teach an old dog...

ESPN must be highly disappointed. They thought they were getting Ferdinand the Bull but instead they got Ferdinand the Flower Sniffer.

Rex was like a kid trying to play it cool his first Thanksgiving promoted up to the "Adult Table." He can sit there politely and use the right fork but has no idea what to say to the other people around the table.

33 minutes ago, nycdan said:

It's always harder trying to hit a moving target :)

It's also rough when your wife and tailor gang up on you about how a tight-fitting suit looks better.  What that got me was a really nice-looking, expensive suit I absolutely hate to wear (and don't). 

If my choice next time is between eating healthy for six months or getting a bigger suit, the only real choice to be made is...garlic mashed potatoes or creamed spinach with your steak?  And they say you can't teach an old dog...

When I got married I wore a xxxl Namath authentic. I tried mentioning that to my daughter and she changed the conversation to her crossfit gym. Basically I'm F'd. 

2 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

When I got married I wore a xxxl Namath authentic. I tried mentioning that to my daughter and she changed the conversation to her crossfit gym. Basically I'm F'd. 

So we're going to need to see a picture of that because I need to show my wife there is still room for improvement LOL.  As for your daughter, can't help you but can sympathize.  Mine's younger but probably on a similar trajectory.  I'm holding on as tight as I can but *sigh*  Grats on the impending nups though.  Now you'll at least have someone to sympathize with and laugh at.

3 hours ago, The Crusher said:

I fell asleep after the first quarter and woke up with anxiety about finding a properly fitting suit for my daughters wedding next summer. 

Wait until the last possible minute to avoid having to install belt extenders

12 hours ago, tfine said:

I'll take Rex back in a heartbeat. At least our d was decent.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

You're comparing him to Bowles. I think he's gonna be gone next year in favor of a new coach who knows how to develop young QBs. Maybe Woody's brother will stop hiring DCs and get an experienced coach for a change

6 minutes ago, Freemanm said:

You're comparing him to Bowles. I think he's gonna be gone next year in favor of a new coach who knows how to develop young QBs. Maybe Woody's brother will stop hiring DCs and get an experienced coach for a change

No one with options comes to the NYJ. Time to face facts. And Woody too cheap to knock someone's socks off and pay way over market to land a stud.

3 minutes ago, Lizard King said:

This is true. If I were a good coach I would never come here. Ownership is out of control. 

Best halftime adjustment Bellichick ever made was after Leon Hess died and he met Woody the first time...

image.png

23 minutes ago, nycdan said:

So we're going to need to see a picture of that because I need to show my wife there is still room for improvement LOL.  As for your daughter, can't help you but can sympathize.  Mine's younger but probably on a similar trajectory.  I'm holding on as tight as I can but *sigh*  Grats on the impending nups though.  Now you'll at least have someone to sympathize with and laugh at.

IMG_0643.JPG

12 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Are you guys aware that ESPN has been hiring outright morons since its inception, but you choose now to get upset because they're hiring PoC morons? There are no "qualifications" to work an ESPN desk. Literally none.

Just one - you need to worship at the feet of Lebron James.

13 hours ago, varjet said:

Rex was a far better coach than Bowles is.  Rex as DC or HC would have the defense playing better than it is now.

He is just a big kid.  He needs a strong GM and OC.  

I agree with this.  Thats saying something. I am not a REX fan, but Bowles is clearly in over his head.

Rex was in the right spot at the right time.  He had good pieces on the defensive side of the ball to have that unit playing well and highly motivated those first couple of years.  After that we were a statistically  good defense but we always gave up the big play when it counted plus too many "miscommunication" blown coverage's.  His lack of interest in the offense is not a quality any Coach should have.  He then went to Buffalo with a great defensive unit and some pieces on offense to work with and somehow blew that up quickly.  

Sorry to all the people who would rather him than Bowles but he shouldn't even be ion the conversation.  I would rather see if Bowles can improve as a coach, which he hasn't shown yet, than go back to someone that should probably never be a HC again.

Archived