Week 2 & another nasty Oline

Jetster

Young Jets defense gets another dose of in your face offensive football. The only question before last Sunday was could the Jets contain the Bill s running game behind maybe one of the best olines in the league, answer was a big NO.

1 week later & they get another big nasty Oline in the Raiders. I believe it's the biggest Oline in the NFL. These are great challenges for our defense & good learning experiences for our new young safeties, Jenkins, Lee etc.

My biggest fear is that when we start getting into the weaker part of our schedule, playing teams with weaker offensive lines, this defense may actually win us a few games. Dallas showed what you can do with a good offensive line & a great RB. Problem is a lot of the teams we'll play other than the Pats (Brady will score too much), Browns (another underrated Oline), we'll play a bunch of teams with weaker olines & QBs not nearly as shifty as Tyrod Taylor (probably the quickest QB in the league). 

So as fans while we lament the near misses as Taylor squirted away from at least 5 near sacks, the Jets coaches look at film & see that when we play QBs who can't move around like Taylor sitting ducks that won't escape our pass rush. I know that the theme of 2017 is the Jets are the worst team ever assembled in this league, I think we'll see a few games where this defense is flying around & making plays. 

The Jets had some bad defensive plays on Sunday but they also vs a very good oline got Taylor off his spot but just couldn't corral him. If they get that close to guys like Matt Moore, Kiser, Rivers, Eli, even Brees playing behind a terrible Oline they will have a few games they have a chance to win. Our luck Jets wind up at pick 4 in 2018, lol.

Your view is very optimistic. Taylor held on to the ball a long time which allowed our pass rush close. Against better passers we will get ripped apart I fear.

Also allow that our offense such as it is will become easier to defend over the next few games unless they make a pretty quantum shift in approach which I don't see with McClown and Bowles.

We played a bad team and looked much worse than them. And our coach is stubborn and stupid to a fault. I cant see us winning enough games for the 4th pick at this point. Remember effort goes down as losses pile up especially under a coach like Bowles. We could realistically go 0-16 with this team. And still not have any idea on what we have with Petty or Hack. Bowles needs to be fiired.

5 minutes ago, johnnysd said:

Your view is very optimistic. Taylor held on to the ball a long time which allowed our pass rush close. Against better passers we will get ripped apart I fear.

Also allow that our offense such as it is will become easier to defend over the next few games unless they make a pretty quantum shift in approach which I don't see with McClown and Bowles.

We played a bad team and looked much worse than them. And our coach is stubborn and stupid to a fault. I cant see us winning enough games for the 4th pick at this point. Remember effort goes down as losses pile up especially under a coach like Bowles. We could realistically go 0-16 with this team. And still not have any idea on what we have with Petty or Hack. Bowles needs to be fiired.

You may be right but the Bills aren't nearly as bad as you guys are making them out to be. Remember, they got rid of Rex who is terrible so they upgraded their coaching staff. They have one of the top 3 olines in the league! Taylor is not a rookie & can and does make plays compared to our QBs, McCoy when healthy is always a top fantasy pick at RB (says a lot), they have a very good Dline that stuffs the run too. They notoriously play well at home too, with a wild & raucous fan base. 

Taylor is no great shakes but 100% of Jet fans would take him over what we have, he can make plays with his legs that sometimes are not defensible. He's a great deep thrower which keeps defenses honest. So while I agree with you our offense will have a hard time scoring, the Bills WILL beat more teams than you guys think with that great running game & Taylors scrambles. 

Jets won 8 games in 2009 because of their Oline & running game with a much worse QB in the neophyte Sanchez.

8 minutes ago, Jetster said:

You may be right but the Bills aren't nearly as bad as you guys are making them out to be. Remember, they got rid of Rex who is terrible so they upgraded their coaching staff. They have one of the top 3 olines in the league! Taylor is not a rookie & can and does make plays compared to our QBs, McCoy when healthy is always a top fantasy pick at RB (says a lot), they have a very good Dline that stuffs the run too. They notoriously play well at home too, with a wild & raucous fan base. 

Taylor is no great shakes but 100% of Jet fans would take him over what we have, he can make plays with his legs that sometimes are not defensible. He's a great deep thrower which keeps defenses honest. So while I agree with you our offense will have a hard time scoring, the Bills WILL beat more teams than you guys think with that great running game & Taylors scrambles. 

Jets won 8 games in 2009 because of their Oline & running game with a much worse QB in the neophyte Sanchez.

The Bills are a 6-10 club and 2 of those wins are against the Jets.

Archived