14 point dogs sunday

johnnyjet

1 hour ago, bitonti said:

I got in Weds when the Jets were only 13.5 point dogs.  It doesn't really matter though. There's no way they are flying 3000 miles to play on that dirt infield (for the last time, thank goodness) and lose by less than 2 TDs. It's just not going to happen for the Jets on the road in that stadium, against that loaded OAK team. They are going to brutalize the Jets. We all know it. Might as well profit off it. 

If I had some balls I would bet a significant sum on oakland even with the 15 points. I really think the jets are going to get destroyed. 

lets see how are " great "corners that we drafted do -cooper and crabtree will eat them alive and our lbs wont cover the tight end either and to top it off lynch will have a career day but dont worry bowles will punt down by 35 in the forth to let the defense control the tempo

On 9/13/2017 at 6:37 AM, LIJetsFan said:

Sadly the owner is the only hire/fire decision maker when it comes to the HC.  

I think Bowles is our secondary concern. Our primary issue is Mac. He assembled the team, not Bowles. 

On September 13, 2017 at 4:20 AM, johnnyjet said:

That's a lotta points for a regular season game.  0-2. 14 to go.  Vegas says we have no shot.  I agree. Why we are starting McCown I have no idea.  That best chance to win stuff is getting old. Why not play petty if healthy. 

You missed the memo. Bowles thinks he's in position to make a SB run. It's no joke. Not to Bowles, I mean.

12 hours ago, jetgreen13 said:

the only way i see us beating the spread, is if del rio decides to pump the hell out the breaks..

Delrio could careless about point spreads , it just about winning the game , and starting the season 2-0.        The  Raiders are still a work in process on defense , and they are going to use this game to try to figure out how the fix the weak spots on defense going forward.( Wlb - on passing downs , CB position) 

The Raiders were counting on their first two draft choices (CB G Conley and S/lb Melifonwu ) to fix the defense .  Both have missed all of training camp , with Melifonwu out at least the first eight weeks( Ir) and Conley hasn't seen one snap yet.      

I don't care how talented Conley is, he's going to go having growing pains at CB .( have to give him as much playing time , because he's  going to be needed soon  against the Wr their other Cb's have trouble matching up with.( Small shifty/ very fast Wr's)  .   Who knows how he will perform today, but he has to play as many snaps as possible.

Tyrell Adams came in last week on passing downs at Wlb( trying to fill the role Melifonwu was drafted for- Te neutralizer.   He really was bad , and if he continues to,play that bad they will try someone else at the position.  Can't let every Te you face look like Tony Gonzales.

38 minutes ago, Raideraholic said:

Delrio could careless about point spreads , it just about winning the game , and starting the season 2-0.        The  Raiders are still a work in process on defense , and they are going to use this game to try to figure out how the fix the weak spots on defense going forward.( Wlb - on passing downs , CB position) 

The Raiders were counting on their first two draft choices (CB G Conley and S/lb Melifonwu ) to fix the defense .  Both have missed all of training camp , with Melifonwu out at least the first eight weeks( Ir) and Conley hasn't seen one snap yet.      

I don't care how talented Conley is, he's going to go having growing pains at CB .( have to give him as much playing time , because he's  going to be needed soon  against the Wr their other Cb's have trouble matching up with.( Small shifty/ very fast Wr's)  .   Who knows how he will perform today, but he has to play as many snaps as possible.

Tyrell Adams came in last week on passing downs at Wlb( trying to fill the role Melifonwu was drafted for- Te neutralizer.   He really was bad , and if he continues to,play that bad they will try someone else at the position.  Can't let every Te you face look like Tony Gonzales.

apparently you missed my sarcasm..

i have no earthly reason to believe del rio won't try to beat the hell out of the jets today..

Archived