If Hack plays vs Oakland

AFJF

How do you think Hack will look if he plays against Oakland?  

107 members have voted

1. 1. How do you think Hack will look if he plays against Oakland?

• Completely lost...embarassing
    • Below average
    • Average
    • Above Average
    • He'll look great and silence the critics

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Forgetting an injury for the moment, in any game there are 3 scenario's of how it will unfold. 1) Jets win in a blow-out 2) Raiders win in a blow-out. 3) close game till the end. If #1 or 2 happen, there is a very good chance Hack plays on Sunday. I'd say the odds are pretty strong that happens.

2 hours ago, legler82 said:

Their defense is not that good.  Mack is the only one that consistently provide pressure.

Last year that might have been the case ( lack of pass rush inside) but that isn't the case this year .    With return of their best defense lineman( I consider Mack more a Lb) Mario Edwards  Jr .    The addition of two rookie DT's Eddie Vanderdoes,and  Trayvon Hester .  They have Bruce Irvin on the other side  of K Mack -they should provide constant pressure on the Jets Qb.

The Raiders defense is suspect .    Their Lb's are terrible in coverage( all Te's abuse them) , and their secondary can be beat if you have the right receivers.( small shifty/ very fast Wr)

Their first 2 picks ( G Conley and Obi Melfonwu have missed all of training camp with injuries ) and they were counting on both to shore up their defense.  Probably won't see either till week eight.

This might be the Jets best chance to have success on offense, as this Raider defense isn't anywhere close yet to being very good.

With the offense they have, all they need the defense to be is average.

8 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Don't you think this is becoming an obsession with you ?

Far from it.  I just like to get the pulse of the fan base from time to time rather than assume my opinion is in line with the majority.

It seems most agree on this issue, which is pretty rare at the moment.

6 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Far from it.  I just like to get the pulse of the fan base from time to time rather than assume my opinion is in line with the majority.

It seems most agree on this issue, which is pretty rare at the moment.

Why do you care if folks agree with you  ?  Is it that important to you to know that a bunch of barflies agree with your opinion . Have you picked out the tree Hackenberg will swing from once you gets these barflies all good and fired up for the hanging ?  Is the job of backup QB on a lousy team of that importance  ? 

5 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Why do you care if folks agree with you  ?  Is it that important to you to know that a bunch of barflies agree with your opinion . Have you picked out the tree Hackenberg will swing from once you gets these barflies all good and fired up for the hanging ?  Is the job of backup QB on a lousy team of that importance  ? 

Yes, the backup QBs on this lousy team are important because they are the only chance this season has of being even mildly interesting. 

19 minutes ago, Tinstar said:

Oh, god no.

We have a fair number of people who seem to think their opinions are unquestionably accurate.  I'm the opposite of that.

Sometimes I say stuff like, "Am I crazy, or is there a Jets related issue that most of us actually agree on"?  

Then I'll post a poll to see if I'm imagining it because I'm allowing my personal opinion to sway my perception, or if I'm actually getting an accurate read on the situation.

1 hour ago, Tinstar said:

Barfliesojfs

17 hours ago, AFJF said:

We have a fair number of people who seem to think their opinions are unquestionably accurate.  I'm the opposite of that.

We have a fair number of people who don't seem to understand the difference between uncertainty and subjectivity. There would be fewer opinions and fewer feelings about opinions if they did.

19 hours ago, RoadFan said:

You forgot an option. A mutiny in the locker room because the players know that Petty is better...

But...but...but Bowles would never let such a thing happen!  He has proven himself to have control of the locker room over and over during his Jets tenure. 

the early games are hard to gage.  at times they did play okay at buffalo.  but the raiders are a bona fide playoff team and they aren't likely to let a win slip by.  they'll play hard so it will be a good test for the jets.  a test they'll likely fail to win but at least they'll start finding out who the real players are.  if wilk and/or mcclendon turn another performance like sunday's they should be benched.

On 9/13/2017 at 2:15 PM, AFJF said:

If Hack is the backup QB again, and McCown is knocked out of the game by Khalil Mack (or any other defender), how do you think Hack will look?

Well a lot depends on the OL, WRs and RBs.  If those 3 elements played spectacular, then he could have a good day.  What is my level of confidence that will happen with a new offense,  and weakness in all those areas against one of the best defenses in the NFL?  Close to nil.  It's a team fellas, you give Hack a dominating running game and wide open receivers and a clean pocket and he can look decent.  Hack won't start till the Jacksonville, or Browns game.

On 9/13/2017 at 2:26 PM, AFJF said:

In fairness to Hack, I don't think he or Petty will stand a chance to do much against this defense.  I know Brandon Shell has yet to allow a sack in his four pro starts, but Mack makes some of the best O-linemen in the NFL look like amateurs.  I think he's gonna' have a field day against Shell and Beachum.

If someone is rooting for Hack they should hope he doesn't play in this game.

If someone is rooting for Petty they should hope he doesn't play in this game.

If someone is rooting for McCown ... well nevermind lol.

not for nothing but goff looked like dog doo during his few starts last season but on sunday he lit it up.  i'm not saying that hack will have a similar turnaround but as he practices more and sees the game more he should do better.  i think there should have been a caveat in the selections.  do they relate to an average qb or to hack specifically? and, frankly, the way the rest of the offense has been playing they would make the best qb look very average.

On 9/13/2017 at 6:03 PM, Tinstar said:

I don't know about all the other stuff but yes our backups are both prospects on a team with a journeyman injury prone QB. We are planning to draft a QB early next year and it is pretty important that we know what we have.

It's the 38 year old starter on a team that's going to win 1-3 games that's irrelevant. 

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

not for nothing but goff looked like dog doo during his few starts last season but on sunday he lit it up.  i'm not saying that hack will have a similar turnaround but as he practices more and sees the game more he should do better.  i think there should have been a caveat in the selections.  do they relate to an average qb or to hack specifically? and, frankly, the way the rest of the offense has been playing they would make the best qb look very average.

"Best chance to win the game." I was going to put exclamation points but that hardly sounds like Todd. 

5 hours ago, Maxman said:

If someone is rooting for Hack they should hope he doesn't play in this game.

If someone is rooting for Petty they should hope he doesn't play in this game.

If someone is rooting for McCown ... well nevermind lol.

Yup.  As much as I've advocated for Petty (and I still do), just watching how fast Buffalo's defense looked the other day, sometimes it takes going from pre-season to remember how much faster things get when the real games start.

Petty would struggle, but he'd still be a much better option than Hack and mat not be much more of a dropoff from McCown.

On 9/13/2017 at 4:03 PM, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Most real fans are fading away and allowing these knuckleheads to circle jerk each other in every thread bashing every Jet player and member of the organization. It's going to get worse as the season goes along. 

Who exactly are the good Jet players and members of this organization again?

Archived