Jump to content

Refs in mid-season form on screwing the Jets


Recommended Posts

I still can't get over the call on that play where Robby Anderson and a Bills DB BOTH came down with the ball and it was only after they hot the ground that the DB was able to get full control of the ball and yet it was called an interception. That smacks of a pair of calls in a game the Jets lost to Green Bay 8-0 where a Jets WR was already on the ground, having been touched and a DB comes over the top and grabs that ball off his chest and it was ruled a pick as well. I watched Inside the NFL hoping they would show the play and they did, until they cut away as the players fell to the turf. Sheer propaganda at it's best. Thanks NFL Network. You guys hide the truth very well.

  • Thumb Down 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, Ex-Rex said:

I still can't get over the call on that play where Robby Anderson and a Bills DB BOTH came down with the ball and it was only after they hot the ground that the DB was able to get full control of the ball and yet it was called an interception. That smacks of a pair of calls in a game the Jets lost to Green Bay 8-0 where a Jets WR was already on the ground, having been touched and a DB comes over the top and grabs that ball off his chest and it was ruled a pick as well. I watched Inside the NFL hoping they would show the play and they did, until they cut away as the players fell to the turf. Sheer propaganda at it's best. Thanks NFL Network. You guys hide the truth very well.

Sorry but it was the other way around ....Anderson pulled it from the defender after they were on the ground. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

We got screwed on the Burris Int when he was down someone came flying in hit him and jarred the ball lose and they called a penalty on Lee that was laughable. We should have had the late hit penalty and had the ball on their 35 rather than our 35

I could not believe that wasn't unsportsmanlike like conduct call! Burris has his own guy get pushed into him, yes, he can get up the Tye Bills player only needed to touch him down, instead, the Bills player flies in & literally spears Burris with his shoulder. Teddy Bruschi might have been able to do that in his day (he was a f*cking pro at being a cheap shot artist when players were down & defenseless) but everything I've witnessed in this new age of football you can't do that sh*t.

Its hits like that that got Greg Williams suspended for teaching that sh*t. Lucky, Burris didn't get hurt.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
7 minutes ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL the referees are the reason we are so bad. 

If Robbie Anderson was a decent WR he would have won the battle for the ball in the air not on the ground when both players were down. 

Robbie Anderson could really use some PEDs. Someone should hook him up with LaRon Landry.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Dude it was an Interception get over it, how people don't see this is beyond me, the rule is if you have possession of the ball with the DB initially it's a catch for the WR, BUT if the DB has sole possession of the ball first even if for an instant, and then the WR tries to get possession, and doesn't get sole possession by the time they are down by contact it's an INT, and that is exactly how this play happened, the DB caught it initially then Robbie tried to rip it out unsuccessfully.

yep.  it looked like robbie made a great play but it looked like the db had full control when he was already down and then robbie managed to pull it out.  but yes the refs are having their troubles.  the patsie game was terribly one sided (as usual).  luckily the chiefs were good enough to keep brady on his toes and recover to score some serious points.

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

We got screwed on the Burris Int when he was down someone came flying in hit him and jarred the ball lose and they called a penalty on Lee that was laughable. We should have had the late hit penalty and had the ball on their 35 rather than our 35

It wasn't called because the refs didn't blow the whistle

Link to post
Share on other sites

Everyone remembers the red lights you get stuck at but never the green ones you sail through. Plenty of 'bad calls' go for the Jets. Besides I don't think refs play favorites with teams but maybe certain star players like Brady get the tie-breakers to always seem to go their way.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
22 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

LOL the referees are the reason we are so bad. 

If Robbie Anderson was a decent WR he would have won the battle for the ball in the air not on the ground when both players were down. 

Bad pass.  A clear interception, but Anderson should be commended for his effort on that play, even though it didn't work out in our favor.

  • Thumb Down 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

I actually got to meet Ed Hochuli a couple of years ago.  These guys don't give a sh*t about any teams.  They don't play favorites.  I asked him who his favorite team was and he said back when he was a kid it was Green bay, but as a ref, he doesn't have a favorite team.  Makes sense. They move them around every week so they don't ref the same team twice.  When a ref makes a bad call, it is just that a bad call.  As if the Jets need help sucking.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...