Jump to content

Jets Part with Defensive Lineman Pelon


Recommended Posts

IMG_3208-1.jpg

The Jets have released defensive lineman Claude Pelon just days after the former USC Trojan played 17 snaps in his NFL debut against the Buffalo Bills.

Pelon had a stellar pre-season and stuck on the team’s 53-man roster out of camp but is now on his way out and could gain consideration as a practice squad player.

Jetnationcom?d=yIl2AUoC8zA Jetnationcom?d=qj6IDK7rITs
qFT4AGPP_aI

Click here to read the full story...

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Yup Simon needs to be our NT. Personally I think our personal are starting suit a 4-3 scheme.

Not by design either.  I think that as they've gone along, the players who have panned out are best suited for a 4-3 scheme.  Darron Lee might actually be a decent player as a 4-3 MLB.  I don't get all the talk about moving  him to the outside b/c he wayyy too small for that.

                         Maye     Adams

Claiborne                                           Burris

                         Lee                   

Jenkins                                       Martin       

        Ealy    Mo        McClendon/Simon     Leo

 

I'd like something like that, and  you can even move Mo and Leo from inside to outside on any given play.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Not by design either.  I think that as they've gone along, the players who have panned out are best suited for a 4-3 scheme.  Darron Lee might actually be a decent player as a 4-3 MLB.  I don't get all the talk about moving  him to the outside b/c he wayyy too small for that.

                         Maye     Adams

Claiborne                                           Burris

                         Lee                   

Jenkins                                       Martin       

        Ealy    Mo        McClendon/Simon     Leo

 

I'd like something like that, and  you can even move Mo and Leo from inside to outside on any given play.

Yes although I think Lee is more a OLB in the 4-3. I'd play Davis at MLB, maybe Stanford at the other OLB spot. Either way I'd hybrid our D to play 4-3 also.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Happy Clouds said:

Mo Wilkerson vs. Buffalo    68 defensive snaps....1 tackle

Claude Pelon vs. Buffalo    17 defensive snaps....2 tackles     CUT

LOL, Mo... holy sh!t man.... why oh why didn't we keep Sheldon? That guy should be here with Mo's contract and Mo should be gone. 

The other thing is that I find it completely f*d that Bowles will not adjust his scheme to the players he has, fans can see that we would be better suited to run base 4-3 and he can't? wtf?!?

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
15 minutes ago, Stark said:

LOL, Mo... holy sh!t man.... why oh why didn't we keep Sheldon? That guy should be here with Mo's contract and Mo should be gone. 

The other thing is that I find it completely f*d that Bowles will not adjust his scheme to the players he has, fans can see that we would be better suited to run base 4-3 and he can't? wtf?!?

 

Meh, Richardson was very average in a loss against the Packers.  Think they got fair value for a guy who more then likely will be serving a 10 game suspension before his next contract is through.

If Mo doesn't pick it up very soon he'll be gone next year to, freeing up another $9 M of his $20M cap number.

Agree that that running a 3-4 base is stupid with the personnel they have on the team.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
35 minutes ago, flgreen said:

Meh, Richardson was very average in a loss against the Packers.  Think they got fair value for a guy who more then likely will be serving a 10 game suspension before his next contract is through.

If Mo doesn't pick it up very soon he'll be gone next year to, freeing up another $9 M of his $20M cap number.

Agree that that running a 3-4 base is stupid with the personnel they have on the team.  

lol, yeah average and he had been on the team for what? a week? was rotated out pretty frequently as well (played 54 snaps - 60% of total snaps on D). What he was doing in that game was being around the ball and not taking plays off chasing down players from behind. 4 tackles from DT, was close to at least 2 sacks. I'd Doubt he gets a 10 game suspension, but since everyone on the board is so sure of it, i guess we will find out.

It doesn't matter though. 

I was willing to give Mo the "off" year due to his leg, but it is not looking good. 

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AFJF said:

Not by design either.  I think that as they've gone along, the players who have panned out are best suited for a 4-3 scheme.  Darron Lee might actually be a decent player as a 4-3 MLB.  I don't get all the talk about moving  him to the outside b/c he wayyy too small for that.

                         Maye     Adams

Claiborne                                           Burris

                         Lee                   

Jenkins                                       Martin       

        Ealy    Mo        McClendon/Simon     Leo

 

I'd like something like that, and  you can even move Mo and Leo from inside to outside on any given play.

Mo, Williams and Mclendon are all 3T defensive tackles and not really suited to play DE in a 43 .  Jets would have to activate Lawrence Thomas from the practice squad who is a better fit with Ealy .

Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Tinstar said:

Mo, Williams and Mclendon are all 3T defensive tackles and not really suited to play DE in a 43 .

Not prototypes, but defense would still be better if they played it this way IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AFJF said:

Not prototypes, but defense would still be better if they played it this way IMO.

Not really, take Lee out of the Middle, put him at weak side, Put Jenkins in the middle like he did at Georgia and move Martin to the strong side . Your front 7 would  look like this .

 

Ealy  -    LDE

Thomas   -  RDE

Williams   -  3 T -Wilk, Mclendon

Pennell -  NT  -  Simon

Martin  -  Strong side 

Jenkins  - Mike 

Lee  - Weak side 

 This is the defense I would use on passing downs  and mostly 1st down .

Link to post
Share on other sites

I think Lee would be invisible facing LTs and TEs.  

In honesty, it doesn't matter what either of us think.  Bowles is gonna do what he likes time and again no matter the results.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, AFJF said:

I think Lee would be invisible facing LTs and TEs.  

In honesty, it doesn't matter what either of us think.  Bowles is gonna do what he likes time and again no matter the results.

I wasn't discussing what Bowles will do . I have no knowledge of the game plan or the practice regiment of the team . 

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Tinstar said:

I wasn't discussing what Bowles will do . I have no knowledge of the game plan or the practice regiment of the team . 

Neither of us do, but we do have 33 games worth of data.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.



×
×
  • Create New...