In case u had doubts about us tanking or firing Macc

Philc1

For those griping about Darnold's interceptions obviously haven't seen any of them.  At least 2 of his picks, including the pick 6 last night were all on his receivers.

Plus both Texas and Memphis played this week's games line it was their Super Bowl.  Just like the Jets can get beat by 30 to anyone in the league and then beat NE in OT.  Doesn't mean a thing.  And as a rule, fans of this team don't get to trash any QBs in the NFL or College with what we ha e witnessed the past 18 years.  

While the Ints were all on Rosen yesterday, he and Darnold are better pro prospects than  anything that has come into the NFL in a long time.

And both will be worth going through this disaster of a season for.  Anyone else and the Jets are gonna have a lot of explaining to do to their fan base.

2 minutes ago, Pcola said:

For those griping about Darnold's interceptions obviously haven't seen any of them.  At least 2 of his picks, including the pick 6 last night were all on his receivers.

Plus both Texas and Memphis played this week's games line it was their Super Bowl.  Just like the Jets can get beat by 30 to anyone in the league and then beat NE in OT.  Doesn't mean a thing.  And as a rule, fans of this team don't get to trash any QBs in the NFL or College with what we ha e witnessed the past 18 years.  

While the Ints were all on Rosen yesterday, he and Darnold are better pro prospects than  anything that has come into the NFL in a long time.

And both will be worth going through this disaster of a season for.  Anyone else and the Jets are gonna have a lot of explaining to do to their fan base.

While I agree with almost everything else in this post, averaging 2 interceptions a game wont cut it on any level and nobody cares about excuses in the NFL. Truth be told as many as half of sh*tzpatrick's horrible passes were completed be cause his WR's reached back, jumped over or paid someone but he still got credit for them. you are the QB so you get the credit and the blame, end of story.

If he continues to average 2 int's per game I dont give a shyt whose fault it is, it still falls on him...just like it would in the pros.  

49 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Bowles is terrible but Macc is the bigger problem.

I don't agree.  I saw how Parcells turned around a 1-15 Kotite team in one year with alot of the same players and almost made the playoffs the following year and the AFCCG the year after.  For me the jury is still out on Macc, though his picks need to start producing this year regardless of Bowles.

10 hours ago, long suffering jets fan said:

I try not to be reactionary regarding the Jets and instead letting it play out, but I can't help it with Bowles and Woody.  With Woody it's simple, he just needs to stay out of the way, but with Bowles, in my opinion he's the wrong guy in the wrong job and only got the job because he had some influential people pushing for him namely Arians, Parcells and perhaps some others. 

woody gets a bad rap wrt personnel decisions.   he signs the checks and has spent big $$ to follow the GM's directions.   Maccagnan owns this mess plain and simple, woody has been checked out since the republican primary in 2016.   

You would think that a team anticipating a top 3 pick and a future franchise QB would focus on drafting OL, WR, and RB.   Instead we have 2 safeties and no extra picks.   Any one of the posters on this board could have done a better job than the last 2 GMs and it's not even close.  

9 hours ago, jetspenguin said:

While I agree with almost everything else in this post, averaging 2 interceptions a game wont cut it on any level and nobody cares about excuses in the NFL. Truth be told as many as half of sh*tzpatrick's horrible passes were completed be cause his WR's reached back, jumped over or paid someone but he still got credit for them. you are the QB so you get the credit and the blame, end of story.

If he continues to average 2 int's per game I dont give a shyt whose fault it is, it still falls on him...just like it would in the pros.  

Watch a replay of this game & you won't be having a problem with Darnold for this reason any more.

i'm actually pumped to watch USC now throughout the season ... Catch him in action !

Mac's biggest mistake was trading Richardson and letting Snacks go. He should have never given Wilkerson that big contract! Wilkerson never had a motor and takes plays off. Probably nobody wanted Mo and that is why Richardson was traded. Mo is a BUST!!!! Bowles is no head coach. 

8 hours ago, LionelRichie said:

woody gets a bad rap wrt personnel decisions.   he signs the checks and has spent big $$ to follow the GM's directions.   Maccagnan owns this mess plain and simple, woody has been checked out since the republican primary in 2016.   

You would think that a team anticipating a top 3 pick and a future franchise QB would focus on drafting OL, WR, and RB.   Instead we have 2 safeties and no extra picks.   Any one of the posters on this board could have done a better job than the last 2 GMs and it's not even close.  

Woody has weighed in too many times over the years and every time he does it seems to go wrong.  He shouldn't even be in the warroom.   Every phone call he's welcoming the new players to the Jets don't tell me he doesn't have influence on the selections.  Also the OL was pretty good yesterday and Adams and Maye were the only good stories we had on defense. 

Bowles has to go.  The despicable performance of the defense is on him. No excuse. But it is now clear that Macc is incompetent.  Unfortunately, the idiot owner (I will not say his name) will replace these two fools with two more clowns and the despair will continue. I'm rooting for the Falcons

11 hours ago, ljr said:

Watch a replay of this game & you won't be having a problem with Darnold for this reason any more.

i'm actually pumped to watch USC now throughout the season ... Catch him in action !

Fair enough...I do need to see the savior in action so I'm not judging yet. Stats do not tell the whole story.

On 9/17/2017 at 6:17 AM, Pcola said:

The receivers are the biggest question marks surrounding the USC offense this year.  The WRs have had a lot of crucial drops this year.  And some of his incompletions were thrown in places where only the receiver had a chance at the ball but just couldn't make the play.  As for the interceptions, he does need to clean this up, but they were not all his fault.  The Stanford interceptions were just incredible plays by the DBs; Both were very acrobatic highlight interceptions.  That pick-six by Texas should have been caught by his wide receiver, Jalen Greene, who was having a really tough day.  Look forward to seeing his running game getting back on track so that he can take more shots down field.  

On 9/17/2017 at 11:24 AM, long suffering jets fan said:

I don't agree.  I saw how Parcells turned around a 1-15 Kotite team in one year with alot of the same players 

Ok so all we need to do is hire the greatest NFL Head Coach of all-time with maybe the second greatest ever HC as his Defensive Coordinator and this Macc-built roster might go 9-7 

On 9/18/2017 at 5:36 AM, TMAC said:

Bowles has to go.  The despicable performance of the defense is on him. No excuse. But it is now clear that Macc is incompetent.  Unfortunately, the idiot owner (I will not say his name) will replace these two fools with two more clowns and the despair will continue. I'm rooting for the Falcons

Unfortunately Woody is too weak and stupid to do the right thing and get rid of this entire regime.  Bowles is the fall guy.  Macc will simply promote Morton to HC and we will continue to be the laughing stock of the entire NFL the next 10 years thanks to this.  Oh and Darnold will be a 49er

On 9/17/2017 at 8:28 PM, ljr said:

The throws I saw Darnold make in the clutch against Texas last Saturday night have me as sold as possible.  This guy is for friggin real

Archived