### New York Jets vs Oakland Raiders Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of variables in today's game. No. 1 for the Jets is the running game. You have to set that up with a good passing game so they can't stack the box like the Bills did last week. And more Bilal Powell earlier. He could get us going. A lot of teams would love to have him.

9 minutes ago, Fantasy Island said:

I quit playing fantasy football.  I had a no Patriots rule and I would always draft Jets.  Not a way to win a league.

Exactly why I don't play.  I cannot bring myself to root for non-Jets to do well, and I certainly won't draft Pats, Phins and Bills ffs.

I think Fantasy makes football fans worse team fans, and better "generic NFL fans" tbqh.

The number of times I've read some variant of "well, we lost, but man did my fantasy team do great!".  Barf.

3 hours ago, Ken Shroy said:

You are hopelessly lost. You don't even know what you are typing. Got it? I don't care either way.

What a tool. You have no concept of what I am talking about because you lack the mental ability to keep up. Why not just STFU until your not so wet behind the ears?

Exactly why I don't play.  I cannot bring myself to root for non-Jets to do well, and I certainly won't draft Pats, Phins and Bills ffs. I think Fantasy makes football fans worse team fans, and better "generic NFL fans" tbqh.

The number of times I've read some variant of "well, we lost, but man did my fantasy team do great!".  Barf.

this.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

5 hours ago, Rangers9 said:

Actually the last nine games against the Raiders the Jets are 6-3 http://www.footballdb.com/teams/nfl/oakland-raiders/teamvsteam?opp=22. The last time we won there was in 2009 (38-0). Sure we're the underdog but they aren't a great team yet. As for the Jets we don't know how bad this team really is. We'll see, I'm rooting for us not to be. 

no...in cali we LOST 11 of the last 13 games we played there

11/01/2015 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H O.co Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 34-20  
09/25/2011 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H O.co Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 34-24  
10/25/2009 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Oakland, CA) L 38-0  
10/19/2008 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Oakland-Alameda County Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 16-13, OT  
11/09/2003 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland, CA) L 27-24, OT  
01/12/2003 * Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 30-10  
12/02/2002 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 26-20  
01/12/2002 † Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 38-24  
01/06/2002 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland, CA) L 24-22  
12/10/2000 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 31-7  
10/24/1999 Oakland Raiders New York Jets H Network Associates Coliseum (Oakland, CA) W 24-23  
10/10/1993 Los Angeles Raiders New York Jets H Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, CA) W 24-20 --
09/08/1985 Los Angeles Raiders New York Jets H Los Angeles Memorial Coliseum (Los Angeles, CA) W 31-0

First Jets drive typical uncreative, hands tied behind back drive. Run run fail to pass on 3rd and long punt.

This is why I want to see the kids and som early passing. I'd rather see three INTs a game and trying to win than this give up before you start type play calling.

Archived