### New York Jets vs Oakland Raiders Game Thread ###

Larz

• Replies 888
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, Scoop24 said:

what exactly has the jets done in the past 7 years that would make us so picky ?he is better HC than our last 3 by far 

We have a guy running the offense that has been sitting next to Payton for a decade.  While the O amazingly looked better than the D today I'm not sure why you think hiring Sean will bring about some kind of revolution.

Just now, Pac said:

We have a guy running the offense that has been sitting next to Payton for a decade.  While the O amazingly looked better than the D today I'm not sure why you think hiring Sean will bring about some kind of revolution.

It brings in guy who will not neglect the offense . As every defensive HC has done when they get here ..  

5 minutes ago, Pac said:

Thank you.  I've heard people pine about him for years and other than 1 glorious run 8 years ago what exactly have they accomplished?  Haven't they been like 7-9 5 years in a row?

They have no defense at all cant win with all the offense in the world but terrible defense

The offense didn't lose this game. They didn't win it, either. But the Jets lost due to one terrible ST play and bad tackling. There is no excuse for supposedly the best unit of the team playing this terribly. You don't give up those kind of runs. Esp if your head coach is a D coach. 

29 minutes ago, Scoop24 said:

Time to stop signing defensive Head Coaches .. if Sean Peyton really becomes available I wouldn't be opposed to bringing him here 

He's crazy over-rated as a HC. 

OC sure. As a HC he needs a bulletproof DC to win.

1 minute ago, jack48 said:

I am still trying to recognize what strategic credentials TB brings to a game as a so-called "defensive genius.?"  Player development?  Game plan?  Quarterback pressure? Coverage calls? In game adjustments?  He stinks at all of them

The only guy I've seen that has made a QB look appreciably better is Harbaugh.  Really is pretty remarkable what he did those few years in SF.

Sadly I doubt he leaves MI...  Maybe if we have #1 pick, let him pick our QB, and make him the higest paid HC ever by a considerable margin.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

The only guy I've seen that has made a QB look appreciably better is Harbaugh.  Really is pretty remarkable what he did those few years in SF.

Sadly I doubt he leaves MI...  Maybe if we have #1 pick, let him pick our QB, and make him the higest paid HC ever by a considerable margin.

Like James Bond Villian money. 

This team is a travesty. What once was a dominant defensive line is now a joke. Wilk is non existent. Absolutely no pressure against Carr today.  The linebackers were humiliated. Why on earth do you bring back D Davis. He has to be the worst LB in the NFL. Darron Lee looks like a cartoon out there. And where the heck are these rookies wr''s we drafted.....Hansen, Leggett, Stewart - all MIA.     This wreaks of incompetence on the coaching and GM level. It all begins and ends there. Both these clowns are amateurs. I only see a handful of players I'd even want on the his team next year. Unfortunately, I sense Mac is totally safe in Woody's eyes for a number of years. 

Just now, Integrity28 said:

He's crazy over-rated as a HC. 

OC sure. As a HC he needs a bulletproof DC to win.

Doug Pederson might actually get the boot in Philly, freeing up Jim "Gym Shorts" Schwartz.  Id pair him with Payton or Nagy from KC in a heart beat.

1 hour ago, Rangers9 said:

The offense didn't lose this game. They didn't win it, either. But the Jets lost due to one terrible ST play and bad tackling. There is no excuse for supposedly the best unit of the team playing this terribly. You don't give up those kind of runs. Esp if your head coach is a D coach. 

We lost by 25. Four scores. 

2 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

This defense sucks

Our defense couldn't stop a nosebleed for 6 years running.   I laughed when all the fans here commented that we will be better than people think, we have a good defense etc.  Players aren't gonna risk injury for Bowles and Woody.   There is no clear end game and with the average career of 4 years.... why risk it.   Bowles has to go..... it's that simple.  

5 minutes ago, jetgreen13 said:

you might want to listen to bowles' presser..

he seemed stunningly OK with quite a bit of today's *** kicking..

Yeah we "grew as a team, ESPECIALLY in  the second half"....seriously what drugs is Bowles on?

Bowles is Bowles. He is going to ride the veterans on offense, and play "his" defense making limited if any adjustments based on sklilset, ability and fit.

2 hours ago, T0mShane said:

Yeah that game was bad but it's awesome to see that Jeremy Piven's career has devolved so badly that he had to take a starring role in a CBS crime drama.

he should come back as the dean of PCU II....it's almost crazy how much life has started to imitate art re: campus political correctness these days.  

Archived