Jump to content

Recommended Posts

23 hours ago, detectivekimble said:

I'll say this.  If you watched Richardson under Bowles for two years, you'd think he was a JAG or worse.  Lee may be in the same situation.

Bowles sucks but not even Belichick would make Lee look good.

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Replies 101
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Best Player Available

That is a lot of placebos.  

Bowles is a buffoon.  Sure, this roster sucks and no coach would win with it, but that doesn't mean the guy knows what he's doing.  The guy actually makes players worse.  I watched Richardson against

Posted Images

On 9/17/2017 at 6:19 PM, Dcronin said:

Is a Gholston-level, full-on bust.

At least, he is if he's used the way Bowles is using him. See him on that Patterson TD? Wow.

So, if we have a god-awful, minor-league D, and a complete, non-pro dysfunctional O, how many years of rebuilding are we looking at?

At least 2 more, right? Oh so painful.

DC

More than two and the "re-builders" don't know a hammer from a saw.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/17/2017 at 7:21 PM, Smashmouth said:

Exactly

he was completely out of position on one play they did a slow mo replay on (of course it was a raiders run play).  lee was at least 2 yards away from the hole when it opened. he didn't follow the back and there was just about no way a hole would've opened where he was playing.  imo he's not too small but he certainly seems to have issues playing the position.

Link to post
Share on other sites
On 9/18/2017 at 3:44 PM, detectivekimble said:

I'll say this.  If you watched Richardson under Bowles for two years, you'd think he was a JAG or worse.  Lee may be in the same situation.

Has any player actually excelled in Bowles' defense? 

Link to post
Share on other sites

i am going to defend Lee. 

Lee seems to want to be good. He flashes. He flashes speed, power and form tackling. Just not consistently.

This player can get better. And he should. However, He needs his NT to keep the trash off of him. Or he needs to play OLB.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Barton said:

Lee is not an issue, this guy can be a good solid LB.

He's not being used correctly. And letting go of Snacks ruined the front 7.  

Going to be awesome a year from now reading a bunch of posts about how Jets Coach X isn't using Jamal Adams correctly 

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

If only Bowles was smart enough to scheme for Lee to be unblocked every single play. SMDH.

#CoachingFailure

Connor's next gif was one showing Lee not knowing where he was going during a pass play, but eventually chasing a receiver toward the sideline. His caption was something to the effect of "this type of speed can't be taught"

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

 

IMG_0550.JPG

 

"Man it's like deja vu all over again. Totally sober, wasn't doing anything wrong. Then from out of nowhere some 265-pound guy wearing a mask and a black shirt runs up to me, pancakes me, and after I withstood the blows I was just happy he decided to spare a young man's life.

Oh, and also just like back in February, he spared my wallet, car keys, and cellphone."

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Sperm Edwards said:

 

"Man it's like deja vu all over again. Totally sober, wasn't doing anything wrong. Then from out of nowhere some 265-pound guy wearing a mask and a black shirt runs up to me, pancakes me, and after I withstood the blows I was just happy he decided to spare a young man's life.

Oh, and also just like back in February, he spared my wallet, car keys, and cellphone."

Starting to feel like Darron Lee may not be all there.

Link to post
Share on other sites
24 minutes ago, T0mShane said:

Connor's next gif was one showing Lee not knowing where he was going during a pass play, but eventually chasing a receiver toward the sideline. His caption was something to the effect of "this type of speed can't be taught"

Darron Lee is, like, so fast that not even his brain can keep up with him. And attributes like that just can't be taught.

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

The Jets never learned how to use undersized Jonathan Vilma either when he was here.  As Ray Lucas said on SNY, "Lee should be the one covering the running back out of the backfield on passing, not Demario Davis."

 That's coaching.

Despite Lee's speed he's poor in coverage.  

Wouldn't mind seeing Lee get benched for a series or two if he keeps playing poorly.  Even though want to see young guys like him play and develop, could be worth sending message that he can't get by with crappy play just because he's a 2nd year 1st round pick.  Put in Carter or Stanford for a series or two, send a message (same could go for Davis as well).  

  • Upvote 1
Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

The Jets never learned how to use undersized Jonathan Vilma either when he was here.  As Ray Lucas said on SNY, "Lee should be the one covering the running back out of the backfield on passing, not Demario Davis."

 That's coaching.

Vilma never got flipped like a burger every other play like this guy.

He was not huge but always played at his natural weight of 230 and was not a pumped up  195lb man like Lee

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

The Jets never learned how to use undersized Jonathan Vilma either when he was here.  As Ray Lucas said on SNY, "Lee should be the one covering the running back out of the backfield on passing, not Demario Davis."

 That's coaching.

The Jets used Vilma perfectly fine.  It was when Mangini came in and installed the 3-4 that Vilma was facing off against uncovered guards and we had a problem.  Part of that problem was the other square peg Mangini was fitting in a round hole Robertson in front of him.  Those were cover who 4-3 defenders playing out of position. 

Vilma was drafted in 2004.  He was defensive rookie of the year in 2004 and made the pro bowl in 2005.  In 2006 Mangini came and he started looking like sh*t. 

  • Upvote 1
  • Post of the Week 1
  • Like 1
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee was sh*t pick in the first. Period. If you're gonna draft a LB in the first, they better have balls like King Kong. Luke Keuchly, Jarrad Davis, etc...

an underized guy who's been asked to play ILB?.. are you kidding me brah. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, Paradis said:

Lee was sh*t pick in the first. Period. If you're gonna draft a LB in the first, they better have balls like King Kong. Luke Keuchly, Jarrad Davis, etc...

an underized guy who's been asked to play ILB?.. are you kidding me brah. 

I'm so happy we drafted Darron Lee over future all-pro Tight End Hunter Henry

Link to post
Share on other sites
10 hours ago, NYDreamer said:

The Jets never learned how to use undersized Jonathan Vilma either when he was here.  As Ray Lucas said on SNY, "Lee should be the one covering the running back out of the backfield on passing, not Demario Davis."

 That's coaching.

But Vilma was a football player.  Albeit a very limited football player who had to play in a 4-3 and was a fiasco in Mangini's 3-4 but still.  

 

Darron Lee is not a football player. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

The Jets used Vilma perfectly fine.  It was when Mangini came in and installed the 3-4 that Vilma was facing off against uncovered guards and we had a problem.  Part of that problem was the other square peg Mangini was fitting in a round hole Robertson in front of him.  Those were cover who 4-3 defenders playing out of position. 

Vilma was drafted in 2004.  He was defensive rookie of the year in 2004 and made the pro bowl in 2005.  In 2006 Mangini came and he started looking like sh*t. 

Fair Point, I can agree with this.  We will be saying the same thing about Sheldon Richardson who was defensive rookie of the year a few years ago and became a square peg in round hole with Bowles.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.




×
×
  • Create New...