Sunday night game reminds me... Met Life stadium sucks...

Embrace the Suck

• Replies 120
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Yea, had the same thought.

******* Jets are the B-team in a shared stadium that isn't even in their home ******* state. You can't make this sh*t up.

Arthur Blank seems like a cool rich guy, though. The pricing of concessions to make it family friendly is novel.

the last 2 stadiums to open up are incredible(minny and Atl).  Atlanta is a terrible pro sports town, they got that beautiful stadium only 25 years after opening their last one while we play in the #1 market, share a stadium w/ another team and we get a giant sardine can to play in.

Isn't it true though that the metropolitan area unions cause the inflated build costs? I remember reading that the current stadium would have been less than a billion on other areas

EDIT: I hate our stadium. Woody should never have gone there except maybe as a rental till he could build his own

On 9/18/2017 at 9:44 AM, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

West Side Story - to think they lost that deal over ~300m of Woody's inheritance

This one isn't on Woody.  Johnson did everything he could to bring the WSS to NYC.  It was corrupt politicians that stopped it plain and simple 

7 minutes ago, flgreen said:

This one isn't on Woody.  Johnson did everything he could to bring the WWS to NYC.  It was corrupt politicians that stopped it plain and simple 

Agree he put in a great effort but he could have just paid for the roof so Sheldon looked like he got a win - corruption continues, they stood up to the politicians and caved to the vagiants - pick your poison 

On 9/18/2017 at 9:49 AM, flgreen said:

This one isn't on Woody.  Johnson did everything he could to bring the WWS to NYC.  It was corrupt politicians that stopped it plain and simple 

But anyone with grey matter knew that was never going to fly.

Worse, for $1.7 billion, MetLfe is far and away the ugliest and least fan-friendly of the newer stadiums.The blandest design of all. 

Why do people complain about the stadium so much?

It has awesome sight lines and a great atmosphere when there is a reason for one. (see thanksgving game pre-butt fumble)

The outside design was done to reduce wind... and it has. Honestly though who the hell cares what it looks like outside? Is this team that boring now that you care how cool the stadium looks? I don't care if the outside was shaped like a giant dog turd if the field is nice and the views are good.

Bunch of cry babies in here looking for something to bitch about.

On 9/17/2017 at 11:33 PM, Integrity28 said:

Yea, had the same thought.

******* Jets are the B-team in a shared stadium that isn't even in their home ******* state. You can't make this sh*t up.

Arthur Blank seems like a cool rich guy, though. The pricing of concessions to make it family friendly is novel.

It's beyond "novel".  It's absolutely astonishing!

16 minutes ago, ECURB said:

Why do people complain about the stadium so much?

It has awesome sight lines and a great atmosphere when there is a reason for one. (see thanksgving game pre-butt fumble)

The outside design was done to reduce wind... and it has. Honestly though who the hell cares what it looks like outside? Is this team that boring now that you care how cool the stadium looks? I don't care if the outside was shaped like a giant dog turd if the field is nice and the views are good.

Bunch of cry babies in here looking for something to bitch about.

LL and MEZZ is a good view UD sucks.......

On 9/18/2017 at 8:56 AM, johnnysd said:

Isn't it true though that the metropolitan area unions cause the inflated build costs? I remember reading that the current stadium would have been less than a billion on other areas

EDIT: I hate our stadium. Woody should never have gone there except maybe as a rental till he could build his own

This is the truth. 

However a WSS could have and should have been built.  It could have been affordable and the best in the world but many fans like tailgating and that would have been curtailed some. However that would have been offset by the fortune that they would have made in their PSLs.  

Anyway water under the bridge now...

Archived