This team must be sold

jets rooter

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 hours ago, ECURB said:

The JETS are a better and more exciting franchise than half the league... and half the NBA...MLB etc...

We have high standards so off years suck but they had some good years recently that other teams will never even sniff...

Speak for yourself, my standards are ridiculously low at this point and the Jets can't even come close. ;-)

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Please remind me how good I have it on Sunday at 8am when I am paying $125 to park.

we suck right now, every team has bad seasons but we had the greatest stretch of jets football in our history w/ Woody.  we once went an entire decade w/o making the playoffs, from 1960-1980 we made the playoffs just 2 times.  From 1987-1997 we made it once(at 8-8), right now it sucks but I'd take the last near 20 years w/ Woody than what we had under Hess for all those years.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

Also another reminder is needed in October when I get my psl bill.

no one forced you to get ripped off w/ a PSL, no one forces you to go to games.  Those are your decisions and those types of decisions should be made on time spent w/ family and friends and not on wins and losses which we have no control over.

19 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Don't some of you folks think you would be better off rooting for another team than tormenting yourself day after day  ?

I am not rooting for the Jets this year  I am indifferent to them. I like it.  If they dont want to try why should I?

Went to a restaurant Saturday that I usually go to once a month. Place has been around for like 50 years.  Have to over tip the moron who parks my car so it doesn't get scratched, sit at the bar for an hour until I get a table, then pay outrageous prices, for meh food.

As I was standing in the parking lot, the owner sped by in his Lamborghini.  I shook my fist at him and screamed, "Your an idiot, this place sucks, you must sell it!!"

Then I started think about what I would eat next time I came

15 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

no one forced you to get ripped off w/ a PSL, no one forces you to go to games.  Those are your decisions and those types of decisions should be made on time spent w/ family and friends and not on wins and losses which we have no control over.

LOL. Thanks for the advice Dad.

Read anything I have ever written about how much the Jets experience has meant to me. From going to games when I was 18 years old and talking to my Dad and his job, his life and Vietnam. To the time I started going with my son and he picked a college close by so he could still go.

I get the importance of family. I have missed 3 home games since 1988.

That said, you can't sit at home and tell a paying customer why they should buy (when you are not buying). The bottom line is this, in the context of the original statement on Woody...

Everything that is good about going to Jets games has nothing to do with Woody. He didn't get the Jets their own stadium. He hasn't built a strong football team. All the perks are NFL related perks, going to games, being with family etc. And Woody charges more than most. 

He sucks. Really isn't debatable. Parcells, Belichick and Al Groh all quit because of Woody. Name another franchise that had 3 coaches quit in a 2 or 3 year span.

21 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

we suck right now, every team has bad seasons but we had the greatest stretch of jets football in our history w/ Woody.  we once went an entire decade w/o making the playoffs, from 1960-1980 we made the playoffs just 2 times.  From 1987-1997 we made it once(at 8-8), right now it sucks but I'd take the last near 20 years w/ Woody than what we had under Hess for all those years.

Woody isn't in charge of day to day anymore. But he left this team in shambles. How many more coaches and GMs can he fire before he takes the blame?

5 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He's had more than a 3x return if he sold it for 3x more than he paid. This asset pays quite heavy dividends along the way. Why do you think the players assoc is yet again unhappy with the CBA they signed? They currently make like $450m in shared revenue alone, which is a good amount more than the salary cap plus other salaries (coaches and players outside the top 51). Then there's the rest of the stadium revenue outside the shared amount from regular ticket sales and merchandise. Even with the nutty amount it cost, they're quite cash positive, from naming rights to concessions to luxury boxes to psls to parking to renting out the venue for concerts, and whatever else I'm not thinking of off the top of my head.

This isn't like owning a mutual fund or some commodity that just sits there unused until you sell it. Not to mention this asset doesn't have the financial failure risk.

There's really no incentive for him to ever sell it while he still has a pulse.

Hmmmmm........

1 minute ago, Maxman said:

LOL. Thanks for the advice Dad.

Read anything I have ever written about how much the Jets experience has meant to me. From going to games when I was 18 years old and talking to my Dad and his job, his life and Vietnam. To the time I started going with my son and he picked a college close by so he could still go.

I get the importance of family. I have missed 3 home games since 1988.

That said, you can't sit at home and tell a paying customer why they should buy (when you are not buying). The bottom line is this, in the context of the original statement on Woody...

Everything that is good about going to Jets games has nothing to do with Woody. He didn't get the Jets their own stadium. He hasn't built a strong football team. All the perks are NFL related perks, going to games, being with family etc. And Woody charges more than most. 

He sucks. Really isn't debatable. Parcells, Belichick and Al Groh all quit because of Woody. Name another franchise that had 3 coaches quit in a 2 or 3 year span.

then don't complain  about pricing, you make your own decisions.  if the pricing bothered you that much you wouldn't go. 

would you prefer the tickets and everything to be cheap like under hess w/ no chance to win? or for the tickets to have gone up and have a chance to win like we have had under Woody?

Parcells quit b/c that's what he does, this was a man that was under contract and was to become the falcons HC after the Giants won the SB in '86, a man who was under contract and made a deal w/ the Jets, a man who jilted TB twice after agreeing.

BB left b/c of PARCELLS.

groh left b/c he saw the writing on the wall.

you are seriously blaming woody when Parcells and BB had already quit before he even won the bid?  come on, you are better than that.

3 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Woody isn't in charge of day to day anymore. But he left this team in shambles. How many more coaches and GMs can he fire before he takes the blame?

they are trying something different, rather than the band aid approach for a quick fix they are trying to tear it down and build it up.  the other ways we came close to SBs but didn't get there, what's wrong w/ trying a new approach?

1 minute ago, nyjunc said:

they are trying something different, rather than the band aid approach for a quick fix they are trying to tear it down and build it up.  the other ways we came close to SBs but didn't get there, what's wrong w/ trying a new approach?

The new approach I support. Because Woody isn't involved. He isn't in Florham Park. He isn't micro-managing. So it actually has a chance at succeeding this time. 

3 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

then don't complain  about pricing, you make your own decisions.  if the pricing bothered you that much you wouldn't go. 

would you prefer the tickets and everything to be cheap like under hess w/ no chance to win? or for the tickets to have gone up and have a chance to win like we have had under Woody?

Parcells quit b/c that's what he does, this was a man that was under contract and was to become the falcons HC after the Giants won the SB in '86, a man who was under contract and made a deal w/ the Jets, a man who jilted TB twice after agreeing.

BB left b/c of PARCELLS.

groh left b/c he saw the writing on the wall.

you are seriously blaming woody when Parcells and BB had already quit before he even won the bid?  come on, you are better than that.

3 guys left because of Woody. End of story.

And I have a right to complain about pricing. It is my site and I was giving an explanation as to why Woody is a bad owner.

The Jets had no chance to win under Hess, yet he left the franchise in much better shape than Woody has it in right now.

Woody has priced out most fans. He is a terrible owner who has won nothing. We get nothing. Good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY.

2 minutes ago, Maxman said:

The new approach I support. Because Woody isn't involved. He isn't in Florham Park. He isn't micro-managing. So it actually has a chance at succeeding this time. 

His biggest mistakes were:

-allowing BP to stay in FO when he quit as HC then allowing him to hire Groh but woody was 5 minutes into the job when that happened.

-firing Tannenbaum which led to firing Rex

-hiring Idzik

it really all started w/ Tannenbaum.  his firing led to Idzik which led to his disastrous drafts, led t Rex getting fired, led to hiring Bowles and here we are

Just now, nyjunc said:

His biggest mistakes were:

-allowing BP to stay in FO when he quit as HC then allowing him to hire Groh but woody was 5 minutes into the job when that happened.

-firing Tannenbaum which led to firing Rex

-hiring Idzik

it really all started w/ Tannenbaum.  his firing led to Idzik which led to his disastrous drafts, led t Rex getting fired, led to hiring Bowles and here we are

Thank you for posting all that. I am glad we agree that Woody has been a bad owner with multiple biggest mistakes.

And I have a right to complain about pricing. It is my site and I was giving an explanation as to why Woody is a bad owner.

The Jets had no chance to win under Hess, yet he left the franchise in much better shape than Woody has it in right now.

Woody has priced out most fans. He is a terrible owner who has won nothing. We get nothing. Good day sir. I SAID GOOD DAY.

That's just not true.  Parcells wanted to leave after 1998, we were lucky to get another year out of him.  BB left b/c he didn't want BP over his shoulder, he wanted to break free and BP never told BB of his intentions to step down.  Groh sucked, never should have been hired in the first place.  he was a fraud and he knew he it so he bolted.

The Jets were a mess when Woody took over.  1 Playoff app in 8 years, 2 coaches walking out on them, looming cap issues, old starting QB,...

that's what owners do, they try to make as much money as possible.  it happened w/ the giants, Yankees, all the other NFL teams w/ new stadiums.  that's life as a sports fan today.  the real fan was forgotten about a long time ago.

Thank you for posting all that. I am glad we agree that Woody has been a bad owner with multiple biggest mistakes.

every owner will make mistakes, from 2001-2011 we had the best stretch of Jets football in our history and he keeps trying to win.  doesn't always work out but he tries.  unfortunately we didn't get lucky and draft a Tom Brady in the 6th round.  that changed that entire organization and the career of that HC.

Just now, nyjunc said:

That's just not true.  Parcells wanted to leave after 1998, we were lucky to get another year out of him.  BB left b/c he didn't want BP over his shoulder, he wanted to break free and BP never told BB of his intentions to step down.  Groh sucked, never should have been hired in the first place.  he was a fraud and he knew he it so he bolted.

The Jets were a mess when Woody took over.  1 Playoff app in 8 years, 2 coaches walking out on them, looming cap issues, old starting QB,...

that's what owners do, they try to make as much money as possible.  it happened w/ the giants, Yankees, all the other NFL teams w/ new stadiums.  that's life as a sports fan today.  the real fan was forgotten about a long time ago.

Yet good owners, like the Yankees, Steelers etc can make money and still win. Ironic.

Woody doesn't know winning. He only knows the blame game. He doesn't have the football IQ to run the show. If he was a good owner he would have a real football head of operations. The Jets don't have that. HHHmmmmm.

Just now, nyjunc said:

every owner will make mistakes, from 2001-2011 we had the best stretch of Jets football in our history and he keeps trying to win.  doesn't always work out but he tries.  unfortunately we didn't get lucky and draft a Tom Brady in the 6th round.  that changed that entire organization and the career of that HC.

Yes the draft is all about luck. Once the Jets get good luck they will be fine. Should have kept Idzik then, I feel like good luck was right around the corner for him.

Yet good owners, like the Yankees, Steelers etc can make money and still win. Ironic.

Woody doesn't know winning. He only knows the blame game. He doesn't have the football IQ to run the show. If he was a good owner he would have a real football head of operations. The Jets don't have that. HHHmmmmm.

the steelers w/ all their history aren't as valuable as the Jets.  from 1960-1999(40 seasons) the Jets made the playoffs 8 times and won 6 playoff games, from 2000-2016(17 seasons) the Jets have made it 6 times and won 6 PO games. 

Yes the draft is all about luck. Once the Jets get good luck they will be fine. Should have kept Idzik then, I feel like good luck was right around the corner for him.

luck plays a major role, some are better at drafting than others but luck still plays a role.  you are telling drafting the greatest QB of all time in the 6th round wasn't lucky?

Just now, nyjunc said:

luck plays a major role, some are better at drafting than others but luck still plays a role.  you are telling drafting the greatest QB of all time in the 6th round wasn't lucky?

Drafting the best guy ever in the 6th round has an element of luck to it.

Missing on so many guys in round 1 through 5, like the Jets have done consistently under Woody has an element of bad management to it.

11 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It's obvious you don't really want him to have a good day. I recognize the tone from our texts.

Missing on so many guys in round 1 through 5, like the Jets have done consistently under Woody has an element of bad management to it.

woody isn't scouting, he's trusting league people on his hires.  he had 2 SB winning Gms help in the search for Macc and Bowles and it still turned out bad.  I am not sure what he could do other than try to pry away a great HC or GM from another team w/ dirty tactics.

The element of Woodoneum. They left it off the Periodic Table because Jets.

Just now, nyjunc said:

woody isn't scouting, he's trusting league people on his hires.  he had 2 SB winning Gms help in the search for Macc and Bowles and it still turned out bad.  I am not sure what he could do other than try to pry away a great HC or GM from another team w/ dirty tactics.

At least Woody is following the same path he took toward building our own stadium.  There is that.

Just now, nyjunc said:

Woody gets the blame for the people he hired not working out. You want the best coach, pay someone in the organization to put their name on it.

Casserly and company did 5 interviews and billed a ton of time for their "search". The results did not matter. They already got paid.

It is a corporate practice that has no application in the business world.

Here is what I would do. I would hire a head of football operations. EVERYONE in the organization would work for him. Neil Glat would report to him. Then I would give him his salary. Let's say it is 1.3 million dollars per year. I would have a 5x bonus on it. You tell him if you are still in this job and the Jets win the Super Bowl, you will get 6.5mm.

Then we know who to blame. But Woody is cheap and he doesn't want to pay football people. Which is why he always goes with rookie coaches. So this makes him a bad owner and HE gets the blame for the failures of the people under him.

Guess what, when a team wins the Super Bowl the owner gets to hold the Lombardi in the air. You get the credit for winning; you get the blame for losing. Rightfully so.

Furthermore any reasonable owner would only charge $118 for parking. $125 is clearly excessive.

Woody gets the blame for the people he hired not working out. You want the best coach, pay someone in the organization to put their name on it.

Casserly and company did 5 interviews and billed a ton of time for their "search". The results did not matter. They already got paid.

It is a corporate practice that has no application in the business world.

Here is what I would do. I would hire a head of football operations. EVERYONE in the organization would work for him. Neil Glat would report to him. Then I would give him his salary. Let's say it is 1.3 million dollars per year. I would have a 5x bonus on it. You tell him if you are still in this job and the Jets win the Super Bowl, you will get 6.5mm.

Then we know who to blame. But Woody is cheap and he doesn't want to pay football people. Which is why he always goes with rookie coaches. So this makes him a bad owner and HE gets the blame for the failures of the people under him.

Guess what, when a team wins the Super Bowl the owner gets to hold the Lombardi in the air. You get the credit for winning; you get the blame for losing. Rightfully so.

Furthermore any reasonable owner would only charge $118 for parking. $125 is clearly excessive.

9yOY3.gif

Archived