3 and 2

Maxman

8 minutes ago, rangerous said:

i don't think the jets fans are misjudging the team.  what they do do is misjudge the talent level of the players.  imo just about every nfl team has the same level of talent.  the successful ones take that talent and turn it into a team.

How many Jets players would start on at least half the teams in the league, since, you know, they all have the same level of talent?

• Replies 99
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 hours ago, Pac said:

Jets fans  grossly exaggerate how bad the team is.  I expect them to win a couple games soon.

The Bills held Cam and the Panthers to less points than the Jets scored on them and the game in Oakland was close until the end of the 3rd 1/4.

That doesn't excuse Bowles and Rogers though who both have been pretty terrible the last couple years.  Too much talent on this D for 0 sacks and close to 200 yards rushing 2 weeks in a row.  

I guess Vegas, who had the Jets as the longest Super Bowl odds in history this year, and has instilled them as +6.5 dogs at home vs the Dolphins, is a huge Jets fan.

4 hours ago, Maxman said:

I stopped reading at the bolded part.

Because I am delusional but there is no reason for you to point it out. :)

There's that glass is half-full guy who is a jet fan again. Dude your are going to upset the space time continuum with all this paradoxical stuff.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

Jets fans  grossly exaggerate how bad the team is.  I expect them to win a couple games soon.

The Bills held Cam and the Panthers to less points than the Jets scored on them and the game in Oakland was close until the end of the 3rd 1/4.

That doesn't excuse Bowles and Rogers though who both have been pretty terrible the last couple years.  Too much talent on this D for 0 sacks and close to 200 yards rushing 2 weeks in a row.  

The sign that is team is as bad as Jet Fans think is simply this: Teams that succeed can sustain a level of play for the whole game. The Jets have not done this for 2 games in a row. Look at the Raiders. They had a ton of penalties but overcame them. They still won the game going away. They were patient and capitalized on mistakes as good teams do. You could see the fight go out of this team when they fumbled at the end of the half. Look at Bowles reaction when the Raiders scored after that fumble. The team saw that as well. You knew the game was over there and then. Coaching is key with a young team and the main thing is too never let them see you too high or too low. You must always give the impression you can handle anything that happens on the field. Bowles is the wrong guy to be on that sideline pure and simple.

7 hours ago, Maxman said:

I had predicted 4 and 1 to start the season, but it looks like it will end up being 3 and 2. The Jets will beat the Dolphins and Jaguars at home. Then they go to Cleveland and beat the Brownies.

The schedule gets insane from there. But 3 and 2 will end the talk about having the first overall pick in the draft.

Looking at the schedule it is probably best if they hold off on putting Petty in until after the Patriots game. The Jets will fall to 3 and 3 with that loss. Put Petty in then, although McCown will probably get hurt sooner.

I think the defense starts to show signs of life this week. They have to figure out what they are doing with Lee. People say he is being used wrong, but he can't shed a single block. Play him in space? Yeah there is a lot of space on special teams.

The young receivers need to get more reps as well.

But this winning streak will be nice and I think Bowles rebounds and changes the conversation to the point it isn't a guarantee that he gets fired when the season ends.

You sir, are impressive.  I admire you.  You're crazy though.  

51 minutes ago, gEYno said:

How many Jets players would start on at least half the teams in the league, since, you know, they all have the same level of talent?

i'd guess over half of the starters would.  you seem to think the jets are void of talent but forget that most of these players either have played on other teams or would've been drafted near where they were drafted by the jets. the point is teams don't rely on talent alone.  they have to learn how to play as a team and that comes from the coaching.

1 hour ago, rangerous said:

i'd guess over half of the starters would.  you seem to think the jets are void of talent but forget that most of these players either have played on other teams or would've been drafted near where they were drafted by the jets. the point is teams don't rely on talent alone.  they have to learn how to play as a team and that comes from the coaching.

Names, please.

The Dolphins are beatable -- if for no other reason than Jay Cutler.  When Jay Cutler is your QB, no matter how good you are, there is always a chance you can be beat.  If we can manage to find some semblance of a pass rush, and we hit Cutler early, he gets rattled and makes mistakes.  Hit Cutler early and often and he is likely to turn the ball over 2+ times.  If we let him sit back there, survey the field and throw it around to Parker, Landry, Stills, Thomas and Co -- he can also put up 400+ yards and 3+ TDs.

So, in summary, I guess I am saying maybe we will win and maybe we don't.  Although I think the don't is more likely.

17 minutes ago, Lith said:

The Dolphins are beatable -- if for no other reason than Jay Cutler.  When Jay Cutler is your QB, no matter how good you are, there is always a chance you can be beat.  If we can manage to find some semblance of a pass rush, and we hit Cutler early, he gets rattled and makes mistakes.  Hit Cutler early and often and he is likely to turn the ball over 2+ times.  If we let him sit back there, survey the field and throw it around to Parker, Landry, Stills, Thomas and Co -- he can also put up 400+ yards and 3+ TDs.

So, in summary, I guess I am saying maybe we will win and maybe we don't.  Although I think the don't is more likely.

Why do you assume the Dolphins will have to pass at all?

19 hours ago, BigRy56 said:

After a couple of losses and watching these QBs play, it's becoming easier to accept losing as many games as possible. The Jets have a chance to change everything, we just need to lose.

It's unfortunate, and if they win - that's fine. But if they lose, it is for the best.

Weren't you one of the guys getting ornery with me (and others) when implying Hack was a dud?

18 hours ago, Pac said:

Too much talent on this D for 0 sacks and close to 200 yards rushing 2 weeks in a row.  

Hi guys, dbatesman's wife here. Unfortunately dbatesman died this morning. I found him facedown on his keyboard with a big smile on his face and this post on the screen. The doctor says he died of laughter

20 hours ago, Pac said:

"Too much talent on the D..."

What talent?

The Jets have the WORST linebacking group in the league.  Their corners are crap.  The D-Line is AVERAGE.

The Jets are exactly what you saw, a lousy defense with little pass rush that cant stop the run, or the pass.

2 hours ago, dbatesman said:

Hi guys, dbatesman's wife here. Unfortunately dbatesman died this morning. I found him facedown on his keyboard with a big smile on his face and this post on the screen. The doctor says he died of laughter

Now can we tell your son who his real father is?

2 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I predict that on Monday people will be posting that they Jets held Ajayi in check "except for those 2 plays" while Ajayi will have 180 yards on the ground. 

..& 73 yards receiving  B)

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I predict that on Monday people will be posting that they Jets held Ajayi in check "except for those 2 plays" while Ajayi will have 180 yards on the ground. 

Funny thing is, what if they do actually stop Miami from any long runs? can they? that's the question & Bowles dilemma. Parcells & Belichick always talk about the couple of plays that break games open. For the Jets it started with the dropped punt & then it was the 2 long TD runs right up the gut. Jets aren't nearly good enough to overcome 1 to 2 bad plays let alone 3. But this Sunday, maybe they are in position to limit splash plays. Can Bowles scheme it & the players execute? 

Stay tuned. I actually think the Jets oline is much better than the Chargers, not saying much but I think there was a huge discrepancy of opponents between Jets going to Oakland & Miami getting 2 weeks to prepare for the Chargers. Just my thoughts & I'll be here to take my fair share of abuse if I'm completely off target with this.

19 hours ago, rangerous said:

i don't think the jets fans are misjudging the team.  what they do do is misjudge the talent level of the players.  imo just about every nfl team has the same level of talent.  the successful ones take that talent and turn it into a team.

Ummmmmm no....

For example, no team in the NFL would currently have McCown as their starting QB other than the Jets...

No One.....

4 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmmm no....

For example, no team in the NFL would currently have McCown as their starting QB other than the Jets...

No One.....

that's just one player albeit the most important one.  the point is looking at the entire roster.  each team has players that fit their particular schemes.  the current jets players have good talent.  what they don't have is the coaching to play as a team.

2 minutes ago, rangerous said:

that's just one player albeit the most important one.  the point is looking at the entire roster.  each team has players that fit their particular schemes.  the current jets players have good talent.  what they don't have is the coaching to play as a team.

I understand what you are saying; and yet I really think that time will tell and that Bowles is better than many think.  

He was Assistant Coach of the Year for a reason (despite the pejoratives hurled at him) and so IMO the final die is yet to be cast as far as he and the rest of the coaching staff goes. The only caaveat I have to this is the DC appears to be subpar and if he is, that still would fall on Bowles.

Think on this; what if we had a top tier QB last year as opposed to Fitz (I don't practice in the offseason Fitzpatrick)?  I think that say an Eli Manning, Breese, Big Ben etc., let alone a Brady and we are in the playoffs last year and I think that we would have been a truly dangerous team!  This is obvious and somewhat biased speculation on my part, but I think that it is reasonable speculation, based upon the premium placed on the QB position.

I definitely hear you that the QB is just one position on the field but it is such a key position in today's NFL that the failure to have competent QB play has a dragging effect upon the entire team.....

Finally the drafts IMO prior to Mac getting here were so atrocious that it takes at least two years to dig yourself from out of them.  The fact that Idzik left us cap space is secondary to the fact that he left the cupboard bare when it came to on the field talent.  You can not assume that players who could make an NFL roster are going to be coached up an become suddenly serviceable.  

Just my thoughts

1 minute ago, Charlie Brown said:

I understand what you are saying; and yet I really think that time will tell and that Bowles is better than many think.  

He was Assistant Coach of the Year for a reason (despite the pejoratives hurled at him) and so IMO the final die is yet to be cast as far as he and the rest of the coaching staff goes. The only caaveat I have to this is the DC appears to be subpar and if he is, that still would fall on Bowles.

Think on this; what if we had a top tier QB last year as opposed to Fitz (I don't practice in the offseason Fitzpatrick)?  I think that say an Eli Manning, Breese, Big Ben etc., let alone a Brady and we are in the playoffs last year and I think that we would have been a truly dangerous team!  This is obvious and somewhat biased speculation on my part, but I think that it is reasonable speculation, based upon the premium placed on the QB position.

I definitely hear you that the QB is just one position on the field but it is such a key position in today's NFL that the failure to have competent QB play has a dragging effect upon the entire team.....

Finally the drafts IMO prior to Mac getting here were so atrocious that it takes at least two years to dig yourself from out of them.  The fact that Idzik left us cap space is secondary to the fact that he left the cupboard bare when it came to on the field talent.  You can not assume that players who could make an NFL roster are going to be coached up an become suddenly serviceable.  

Just my thoughts

okay i'll expand on them.  kotite turned over a 1-15 team to parcells.  the team goes 9-7 without many personnel changes.  the next season they went 12-4. parcells brought in martin.  the drafts weren't so great though.  farrior, leon johnson and ferguson came in the 1997 draft and fabini came in 1998. bowles took over the last ryan team and gets to 10-6. the point is with very few personnel changes the teams are capable of improving their record from one season to the next.  so it isn't such a reach to say that current jets players could/would be on other teams and there are quite a few players who would be starters. 

since you asked:

carpenter, winters, jenkins, adams, maye, leo, wilk, shell, asj, claiborne, powell, burris, kearse, ealy. martin, enunwa (ir)

I don't even know if your joking with this list but I don't think you are and that's scary.

okay i'll expand on them.  kotite turned over a 1-15 team to parcells.  the team goes 9-7 without many personnel changes.  the next season they went 12-4. parcells brought in martin.  the drafts weren't so great though.  farrior, leon johnson and ferguson came in the 1997 draft and fabini came in 1998. bowles took over the last ryan team and gets to 10-6. the point is with very few personnel changes the teams are capable of improving their record from one season to the next.  so it isn't such a reach to say that current jets players could/would be on other teams and there are quite a few players who would be starters. 

I will give it to you; Todd Bowles and his staff are not close to HOF Parcells and his HOF staff who had won SBs, so yes if we had the latter then the Jets would in fact be better....

Archived