Chris Johnson, not Woody, will decide the fate of Bowles and Maccagnan at the end of the year

Matt39

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, MDL_JET said:

Sweet! Not sure where that'll get us. But Woody totally out of the picture has to be a good thing right?

We can only hope.  Maybe Chrissy is better.  His bloodlines do not instill a whole lot of confidence.  His dad failed at J&J and was booted out by his granddad.  His big brother fails spectacularly as the owner/CEO of the Jets.  I think I read that the rest of his family fell victim to Darwinism.

For those people who wanted us to 'sell' the team to get Woody out of the picture, you now have the illusion of Woody being out of the picture

For those who were afraid that we would be stuck with Bowles and Mac, because Woody gave them a verbal agreement should be happy as now we have the illusion of Woody being out of the picture so Woody can claim that it wasn't him going back on his word

For those of us not fooled by such Tweets, we no nothing has changed, Chris may be involved day-to-day, but Woody still owns the team and will be making all of the Owner level big decisions. He just has a shield now.

I'm willing to give this guy a chance but I just feel that with Woody off in England this would've been the perfect opportunity to bring in a "Football czar" type?  Woody could've played it off that with him in England he needs someone to run the day to day and was bringing in an industry vet like a Tom Coughlin type to run the show.  Bringing in his brother just seems like such a Woody thing to do.  

4 minutes ago, shuler82 said:

I guess the bright side to this is he didn't say that the two were safe no matter what this year.

But he did say that Mac is an excellent talent evaluator; that he loves the way Bowles interacts with the team; that a plan is in place; and Mac and Bowles will be evaluated based on progress rather than wins and losses.  Hard to imagine a scenario which would result in CJ (that's what I've decided to call him) firing anyone.

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

But he did say that Mac is an excellent talent evaluator; that he loves the way Bowles interacts with the team; that a plan is in place; and Mac and Bowles will be evaluated based on progress rather than wins and losses.  Hard to imagine a scenario which would result in CJ (that's what I've decided to call him) firing anyone.

The scenario that would result in Bowles firing is a continuation of the lack of passion the team has exhibited the first 2 weeks.  There is too much talent on D to be outperformed by what was supposed to be a "historically bad" offense.

I think Macc is fine and should be allowed to choose his own coach once Bowles is fired.

1 minute ago, Pac said:

The scenario that would result in Bowles firing is a continuation of the lack of passion the team has exhibited the first 2 weeks.  There is too much talent on D to be outperformed by what was supposed to be a "historically bad" offense.

I think Macc is fine and should be allowed to choose his own coach once Bowles is fired.

Def

Just now, JiF said:

Oozing talent everywhere...

How about we deal with reality.  What decision did you disagree with this off season?  Every player released or traded is either out of the league or an after thought on their new team.  Should they have paid Glennon?  Signed Brock?

We can pretend that every GM hits every 2nd round QB they draft but we know that's absurd.

Lee is going to either turn it around or be a disappointment.  There was no other obvious choice with the 20th pick even though people act like there was.  In fact no one chosen after Lee in the first round is an impact player as of yet.

I really like this years draft and look forward to what we'll do next year.  Another good draft and 80 Mil for free agency is going to go a long way in curing these problems.

I know it's easier to whine and cry and scream Macc sucks but how about using that lump of meat between your ears, eh?  

Archived