Chris Johnson, not Woody, will decide the fate of Bowles and Maccagnan at the end of the year

Matt39

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, Philc1 said:

Well for starters I wouldn't have wasted the entire draft on mediocre safeties

Only ones that hate the Adams pick are a segment of fanatical Jet fans.  Everyone else knows how good it was at the time, and how promising of a start they're both off to.

Just now, Pac said:

Only ones that hate the Adams pick are a segment of fanatical Jet fans.  Everyone else knows how good it was at the time, and how promising of a start they're both having.

Dude they look like JAGs.  Stop being such a homer.  If they were half as good as you and the snobs think they are our defense wouldn't be by far the worst in the NFL.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Dude they look like JAGs.  Stop being such a homer.  If they were half as good as you and the snobs think they are our defense wouldn't be by far the worst in the NFL.

You, JiF, Dbuttman, and TomSham deserve each other.

4 minutes ago, Pac said:

How about we deal with reality.  What decision did you disagree with this off season?  Every player released or traded is either out of the league or an after thought on their new team.  Should they have paid Glennon?  Signed Brock?

We can pretend that every GM hits every 2nd round QB they draft but we know that's absurd.

Lee is going to either turn it around or be a disappointment.  There was no other obvious choice with the 20th pick even though people act like there was.  In fact no one chosen after Lee in the first round is an impact player as of yet.

I really like this years draft and look forward to what we'll do next year.  Another good draft and 80 Mil for free agency is going to go a long way in curing these problems.

I know it's easier to whine and cry and scream Macc sucks but how about using that lump of meat between your ears, eh?  

This should be in the Louvre

1 minute ago, Pac said:

You, JiF, Dbuttman, and TomSham deserve each other.

Adams and Maye have looked like JAGs.  Maye has been semi-decent at best when he's not getting touchdowns scored on him

Another horrible draft by the most putrid drafting organization in the NFL and Macagnan showing us yet again a 5 year old blind girl could draft better than him

8 minutes ago, Pac said:

How about we deal with reality.  What decision did you disagree with this off season?  

I wouldn't have drafted 2 safeties with the first two picks for a team that needs QB, OT, OLB, WR, RB,.....

He should be fired for that alone.

Just now, Philc1 said:

Adams and Maye have looked like JAGs.  Maye has been semi-decent at best when he's not getting touchdowns scored on him

Another horrible draft by the most putrid drafting organization in the NFL and Macagnan showing us yet again a 5 year old blind girl could draft better than him

Lets just say your irrational hatred has clouded your judgement.  

Just now, Pac said:

Lets just say your irrational hatred has clouded your judgement.  

Irrational?  What have Adams and Maye who constitute 20% of the starters on this defense (which is by far the worst in the NFL) done to make you think they are going to be succesful in the NFL?

Just now, Dcat said:

I wouldn't have drafted 2 safeties with the first two picks for a team that needs QB, OT, OLB, WR, RB,.....

He should be fired for that alone.

He didn't want Watson or Mahomes at 6.  Neither did I....  neither did any of the other QB needy teams.

I think you'll be singing a different tune in a couple years.

Just now, Pac said:

He didn't want Watson or Mahomes at 6.  Neither did I....  neither did any of the other QB needy teams.

Not one safety, but two. On a team that is desperate at QB, OLB, OT, WR, RB.  

Mac is a bonafide jackass.  Your green colored lenses are ruining your brain.

2 minutes ago, Pac said:

You mean two years from now when Darron Lee, Hackenberg and almost every draft pick Macc has ever made are completely out of the NFL?

5 minutes ago, Dcat said:

Not one safety, but two. On a team that is desperate at QB, OLB, OT, WR, RB.  

Mac is a bonafide jackass.  Your green colored lenses are ruining your brain.

And your blind hatred is ruining your soul.

Time will tell us whether it was a good draft or not but the early results look pretty damn good.

Just now, Pac said:

And your blind hatred is ruining your soul.

Time will tell us whether it was a good draft or not but the early results look pretty damn good.

This defense gave up 65 points in 2 games (really gave up 76) and you have the audacity to say "pretty damn good"? Wtf?

Paris_Tuileries_Garden_Facepalm_statue.j

I have no real problem with either the Adams or Maye selection on their own. I do have an issue going back to back like that. 

You want to say Adams was the best player in the draft?  Fine. I get the logic there. BPA and all that.  Plus none of those QBs look like they are going to be elite.  They didn't then and they still don't.  But we SHOULD only judge a draft based on the info that was available AT THE TIME.  Using 20/20 to call a pick good or bad is fine, but it's not a good way to grade the decision making around the pick.  I would have went with Mike Williams or OJ Howard personally.

Why did we need to take another safety after the 1st round?  I like Maye, but that's crazy.  I wanted Sidney Jones, Ryan Anderson, Juju Smith-Shuster, Jordan Willis or Tarell Basham when we were on the clock. 

In the 3rd I was hoping for Tarell Basham, Kareem Hunt, Chris Godwin, Donta Foreman or Antonio Garcia. 

I could be wrong and those guys bust.  But if any or all of them do well and are making an impact as pass rushers, pass blockers or scoring points....you are telling me that getting 2 safeties is such an insurmountable task that we couldn't have done it another way while still getting impact players at critical positions that rarely are made available through free agency?  Sorry. Not buying that.

So fair or unfair, the expectation on drafting 2 safeties that high are going to be absurd.  Adams has to be Earl Thomas to justify his draft position.  Maye has to be a 10 year starter at the position and make a pro bowl or two along the way. You can't waste premium picks on non-essential positions.  Might as well draft guards and kickers in the 1st round from now on to ensure you get the very best ones that the draft has to offer.

24 minutes ago, Pac said:

How about we deal with reality.  What decision did you disagree with this off season?  Every player released or traded is either out of the league or an after thought on their new team.  Should they have paid Glennon?  Signed Brock?

We can pretend that every GM hits every 2nd round QB they draft but we know that's absurd.

Lee is going to either turn it around or be a disappointment.  There was no other obvious choice with the 20th pick even though people act like there was.  In fact no one chosen after Lee in the first round is an impact player as of yet.

I really like this years draft and look forward to what we'll do next year.  Another good draft and 80 Mil for free agency is going to go a long way in curing these problems.

I know it's easier to whine and cry and scream Macc sucks but how about using that lump of meat between your ears, eh?  

Some of those afterthoughts are starting at positions of need for the Jets.  OTOH, I don't have a problem with the cuts.  The problem is that the Jets are paying Revis, Fitzpatrick, Gilchrist and Jarvis Jenkins money on contracts with Maccagnan's signature.  Can't give him the hero treatment for noticing that he signed guys so bad that we are paying them over $13M to sit home or play for other teams.   

14 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

@#27TheDominator Executive of the Year, cutting all that dead weight!

Thanks!  I might have missed this one.

21 minutes ago, Pac said:

Only ones that hate the Adams pick are a segment of fanatical Jet fans.  Everyone else knows how good it was at the time, and how promising of a start they're both off to.

A segment of fanatical Jets fans that understand positional value.  You give a clue yourself - they are off to a promising start and the team is 32nd in points against and 30th in yards allowed.  That is how important promising safeties are.  The Texans had the #1 D last year and their safeties were Quinten Demps and Andre Hal.  The Jets glory days were filled with Jim Leonhard, Kerry Rhodes and Brodney Pool. 

5 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

Some of those afterthoughts are starting at positions of need for the Jets.  OTOH, I don't have a problem with the cuts.  The problem is that the Jets are paying Revis, Fitzpatrick, Gilchrist and Jarvis Jenkins money on contracts with Maccagnan's signature.  Can't give him the hero treatment for noticing that he signed guys so bad that we are paying them over $13M to sit home or play for other teams.   

Thanks!  I might have missed this one.

A segment of fanatical Jets fans that understand positional value.  You give a clue yourself - they are off to a promising start and the team is 32nd in points against and 30th in yards allowed.  That is how important promising safeties are.  The Texans had the #1 D last year and their safeties were Quinten Demps and Andre Hal.  The Jets glory days were filled with Jim Leonhard, Kerry Rhodes and Brodney Pool. 

Unless we miraculously get Darnold and a new GM who knows what he's doing in here next year this franchise is doomed the next 10 years

Just now, Philc1 said:

Unless we miraculously get Darnold and a new GM who knows what he's doing in here next year this franchise is doomed the next 10 years

I am super sick of hearing this.  It does not take 10 years to turn an NFL team around.  A complete roster overhaul should take 3 years.  Even if we don't get Darnold it should not take 10 years and if they don't fire this numbnuts this year, the new guy should still be able to dig out within 3 years.  

Idzik took over in 2013 and by 2015 the team was ready to spend like crazy and be completely redone.  Now it is 2 years later and next year will be another complete reset.  People have to stop acting like this is one continuous suckage.  These have been separate disasters and each one could have been easily avoided by proper management from those in charge. 

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

I am super sick of hearing this.  It does not take 10 years to turn an NFL team around.  A complete roster overhaul should take 3 years.  Even if we don't get Darnold it should not take 10 years and if they don't fire this numbnuts this year, the new guy should still be able to dig out within 3 years. 

When your GM is as stupid and inept as Macagnan it could take 25-50 years to rebuild.  Friggin guy wastes an entire draft on mediocre JAG Safeties after taking a sh_t his first two drafts

12 minutes ago, jmat321 said:

He comes off to me as the out of control younger brother who gives no Fs.  I think Mac and Bowles are toast.  

He has everything to gain and nothing to lose here, he needs to fix all thats wrong.  Macc and Bowles are out as I see it, time to clean house and do things the right way. 

1 hour ago, Pac said:

The scenario that would result in Bowles firing is a continuation of the lack of passion the team has exhibited the first 2 weeks.  There is too much talent on D to be outperformed by what was supposed to be a "historically bad" offense.

I think Macc is fine and should be allowed to choose his own coach once Bowles is fired.

If the D continues to perform this way, I would expect Bowles to can or demote Kacey Rogers, and either take over the D or promote someone from within. The problem is that it does not appear to be an issue of scheme or play-calling, it has more to do with blown assignments and intensity. Rogers just does not seem to be able to get a lot out of these guys. I've always felt that OC's can be cerebral low key types, but DC's have to be intense and inspirational --- playing D in the NFL is like having to jump on a grenade, and if your players will not jump on a grenade for their DC, they will lack the effort and intensity to do well. 

Perhaps the Jets can offer Matt Forte to the Saints for Mike Nolan. He's had success as a DC in a number of places (even with the Jets) but has been coaching LBs for the past few seasons. He's definitely an upgrade over Rogers.

57 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

I think Fitzpatrick was the biggest mistake he's made but there is plenty evidence to suggest he never wanted to re-sign him.  Between leaving him dangling in FA and offering a contract he could easily escape from it was pretty clear he never thought much of Fitzy.  I think more of the blame for that blunder falls on Bowels and the lunatic fringe who insisted that sh-tty QB was desperately needed.

Your 2nd point doesn't hold water unless you're saying that Watson and Mahommes are off to miserable starts.  The Texans scored a paltry 13 points last week and Mahommes can't get off the bench.

7 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

If the D continues to perform this way, I would expect Bowles to can or demote Kacey Rogers, and either take over the D or promote someone from within. The problem is that it does not appear to be an issue of scheme or play-calling, it has more to do with blown assignments and intensity. Rogers just does not seem to be able to get a lot out of these guys. I've always felt that OC's can be cerebral low key types, but DC's have to be intense and inspirational --- playing D in the NFL is like having to jump on a grenade, and if your players will not jump on a grenade for their DC, they will lack the effort and intensity to do well. 

Perhaps the Jets can offer Matt Forte to the Saints for Mike Nolan. He's had success as a DC in a number of places (even with the Jets) but has been coaching LBs for the past few seasons. He's definitely an upgrade over Rogers.

I think Rogers and Bowles are ruining this D.  They are a far bigger problem than Macc.

Their lack of passion, energy, and accountability is showing up every Sunday on that side of the ball.  Go watch a Kacy Rogers press conference.  If you stay awake through the 10 minutes you'll see why this D has no identity.

The offense should be FAR behind the O but the passion that Morton brings seems to be getting them to play better than expected.

Archived