Chris Johnson, not Woody, will decide the fate of Bowles and Maccagnan at the end of the year

Matt39

3 minutes ago, Pac said:

Your 2nd point doesn't hold water unless you're saying that Watson and Mahommes are off to miserable starts.  The Texans scored a paltry 13 points last week and Mahommes can't get off the bench.

I think you know that QBs are not judged to the same immediate standards as safeties.  You think the Jets picks are promising, why?  Because they start?  They start because the other players at the position are not there.  The Jets cut/traded both starting safeties from last year.  Rontez Miles is hurt and Middleton tore his pec.  The only other safety on the roster is Brooks who was added like a week before the season.  1st and 2nd round safeties SHOULD start.

A starting safety is not worth a QB that *might* be good.  This is proven by the contract that Glennon got which was $1M more than the highest paid S in the NFL.  Watch what Garropolo and McCarron sign for - it'll be more than a safety.

• Replies 141
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Some of those afterthoughts are starting at positions of need for the Jets.  OTOH, I don't have a problem with the cuts.  The problem is that the Jets are paying Revis, Fitzpatrick, Gilchrist and Jarvis Jenkins money on contracts with Maccagnan's signature.  Can't give him the hero treatment for noticing that he signed guys so bad that we are paying them over $13M to sit home or play for other teams.   

Thanks!  I might have missed this one.

A segment of fanatical Jets fans that understand positional value.  You give a clue yourself - they are off to a promising start and the team is 32nd in points against and 30th in yards allowed.  That is how important promising safeties are.  The Texans had the #1 D last year and their safeties were Quinten Demps and Andre Hal.  The Jets glory days were filled with Jim Leonhard, Kerry Rhodes and Brodney Pool. 

Ah, but you're forgetting Kerry Rhodes!

Know why you're forgetting Kerry Rhodes?

Because he's just a ****ing safety.

I don't know why this is surprising to anyone.  Woody is legitimately not allowed to have anything to do with the team as long as he is ambassador.  That will be a total of 4 (or 8, but let's not take the discussion there) years and I'm sure the NFL will monitor that situation close enough that he doesn't dare think about intervening.

Chris is 110% in charge.  That might actually be a good thing, lmao.

3 hours ago, Pac said:

How about we deal with reality.  What decision did you disagree with this off season?  Every player released or traded is either out of the league or an after thought on their new team.  Should they have paid Glennon?  Signed Brock?

We can pretend that every GM hits every 2nd round QB they draft but we know that's absurd.

Lee is going to either turn it around or be a disappointment.  There was no other obvious choice with the 20th pick even though people act like there was.  In fact no one chosen after Lee in the first round is an impact player as of yet.

I really like this years draft and look forward to what we'll do next year.  Another good draft and 80 Mil for free agency is going to go a long way in curing these problems.

I know it's easier to whine and cry and scream Macc sucks but how about using that lump of meat between your ears, eh?  

I sometimes forget how big of a delusional homer you are.  

This team has literally 1 maybe 2 talented Football players on D and all they've done is invest in D.  There is nothing at all on offense to be the least bit excited about.  It's one of if not the most talent depraved rosters I've ever seen.  They're terrible at literally every single aspect of the game.  0-16 is a legit possibility.  That's how bad they are.  They're "rebuilding", 3 years into a "rebuild" and they have a DT and maybe a SS to build around, two of the least important positions in the game.  If Lee turns it around, which he won't because he's awful, who cares?  He's an ILB. The impact is minimal to say the least.

The Jets are in deep sh*t and have at least 3 years from being anywhere near relevant again.  And that would require actually doing some sh*t right for once, which we all know is damn near impossible for his franchise. 

2 hours ago, Pac said:

I think Rogers and Bowles are ruining this D.  They are a far bigger problem than Macc.

Their lack of passion, energy, and accountability is showing up every Sunday on that side of the ball.  Go watch a Kacy Rogers press conference.  If you stay awake through the 10 minutes you'll see why this D has no identity.

The offense should be FAR behind the O but the passion that Morton brings seems to be getting them to play better than expected.

The guy you see at press conferences and interviews is not the Todd Bowles the players know. 

http://nypost.com/2017/08/11/the-caring-side-to-todd-bowles-jets-fans-never-get-to-see/

4 hours ago, Pac said:

Only ones that hate the Adams pick are a segment of fanatical Jet fans.  Everyone else knows how good it was at the time, and how promising of a start they're both off to.

Your right about that.

From my stand point, the Adams pick was the best pick to make in that spot.  The Maye pick was alright if they had taken a QB in the 1st.

The pick of Maye in the 2nd, and going S,S in the first 2 rounds, with equal offensive talent on the board in the 2nd, is baffling.  

12 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

The guy you see at press conferences and interviews is not the Todd Bowles the players know. 

http://nypost.com/2017/08/11/the-caring-side-to-todd-bowles-jets-fans-never-get-to-see/

You mean the guy who didn't say anything when players were late for meetings, or the guy who allowed his defense and his offense to break down and tear each other apart? Or the defensive super big brain of the last 2 weeks? Take your time..

4 hours ago, Dcat said:

I wouldn't have drafted 2 safeties with the first two picks for a team that needs QB, OT, OLB, WR, RB,.....

He should be fired for that alone.

Watson and Cook, but...SAFETIES, MAN! Which worked GREAT when the Jets talked themselves into Calvin Pryor and talked themselves out of Derek Carr. 

6 minutes ago, Bugg said:

You mean the guy who didn't say anything when players were late for meetings, or the guy who allowed his defense and his offense to break down and tear each other apart? Or the defensive super big brain of the last 2 weeks? Take your time..

Did you even read the article? I know a lot of people don't like Bowles. I do. I think he is exactly the type of coach that wins in the long haul. He's not a disciplinarian. He's not a players coach. He's a football coach plain and simple. He doesn't give a crap what people think about him. He deadpans every vanilla answer he gives to the press, and keeps everything between him and his players.

IMO Bowles didn't make shel and Marshall into the assholes they are. Those two dickheads would have torn apart Vince Lombardi's locker room.

I know you disagree. Everything is Bowles fault. Every missed assignment. Every missed tackle. Every missed block. Every errant pass. Etc..... Cause this team would be great if they only weren't being held back by their coach.

2 hours ago, Paradis said:

in other news; ASJ is back to being fat and not active as per Bowles...

THIS TEAM

Lol I saw that he has to get in shape a little more. Wtf?? It's been what, 2 weeks? Did he just lay on the couch and stuff his face without moving until now? 

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

This is soooo important people act like the guy they see on a TV screen or at a press conference is all there is to someone.  It's not; good HCs know what to do to garner loyalty from their players and that is one thing Bowles seems to be able to do.

For those who act reflexively and who will not read the article, since their minds are firmly made up, here are some tidbits:

"Somehow a narrative developed last season that Bowles is lax in the discipline department. Perhaps it is because Bowles rarely calls out a player publicly. In fact, he sometimes goes overboard defending his players, like the comment about “sometimes your alarm clock isn’t going to go off” about Muhammad Wilkerson and Sheldon Richardson being late. That was a dumb comment, but Bowles made it from a place of trying to stick up for his guys.

Behind the scenes, though, Bowles gets on players, fines them if they violate the rules and does not let situations fester.

“From Day 1, he’s been a guy to nip things in the bud and he doesn’t repeat himself,” Colon said.

Colon said players won’t walk all over Bowles."

24 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Did you even read the article? I know a lot of people don't like Bowles. I do. I think he is exactly the type of coach that wins in the long haul. He's not a disciplinarian. He's not a players coach. He's a football coach plain and simple. He doesn't give a crap what people think about him. He deadpans every vanilla answer he gives to the press, and keeps everything between him and his players.

IMO Bowles didn't make shel and Marshall into the assholes they are. Those two dickheads would have torn apart Vince Lombardi's locker room.

I know you disagree. Everything is Bowles fault. Every missed assignment. Every missed tackle. Every missed block. Every errant pass. Etc..... Cause this team would be great if they only weren't being held back by their coach.

What do you think he does well?? I go back and forth with Bowles. But when we invest so much into the defense, including 3 top picks since he got here, and the D still can't come together you wonder what the hell is going on. 

28 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

No attack here honest.

Please explain to me why the most physically talented unit on the team has give up 66 pts.  Worst in the NFL.  

That's Bowles expertise.   This is a badly coached football team 

44 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Not everything. The talent level is terrible. But Bowles adds no value. He doesn't know anything about offense such that he has for 3 years farmed it out. And his defense despite being filled with top picks is awful. And his in game decisions are idiocy.

He has no idea how the clock or timeouts work. When it comes to replays, the pats have someone in the booth(Erie Adams?) buzz Bellichick either to run a play on offense ASAP if it will go against them, or when throw the flag.Want to win football games; delegate that decision to someone in the booth  who is competent.  Bowles(like Rex Ryan) has to watch the jumbotron like every other drunk in the stadium because he thinks he's a leader or smarter than everyone. 

Further, when the game is over, stop being a  tough guy. In the Steelers game last year and the Raiders game Sunday, good football teams were looking to end the game by mutual agreement. And suddenly down 2 TDs + late in the 4th, the jets were still doing dumb things a if it was a game. Thats how players get hurt, and how coaches get reps as total a-holes. Bowles is going to get some Jet killed with that. It's classless and stupid. The game is over, pull in the horns and let the clock run. Instead the Raiders in response kept Carr in the game and were throwing the ball and called a timeout to kick a FG. 

As far as how he treats the press, could not care less. If this was a division-leading club, show up with a 6 pack and tell them to go to hell. But when you lose, that act is gonna cause you some grief. 

5 hours ago, Philc1 said:

Adams and Maye have looked like JAGs.  Maye has been semi-decent at best when he's not getting touchdowns scored on him

Another horrible draft by the most putrid drafting organization in the NFL and Macagnan showing us yet again a 5 year old blind girl could draft better than him

the more I read your posts the more I think you are the reincarnation of THADUDE

26 minutes ago, flgreen said:

No attack here honest.

Please explain to me why the most physically talented unit on the team has give up 66 pts.  Worst in the NFL.  

Can't stop the run because of Crappy ILB play combined with an undersized NT, a lazy Mo, and with a little mix of rookie safeties. All of the successful runs are between the tackles. If you can't stop the run, you can't stop teams from scoring. Bowles can't make Guards stop throwing Lee around like a rag doll, or put 80lbs on Mclendons frame. When guys are overmatched, teammates leave their assignment to help and the whole scheme falls apart. It's a talent/ability problem, more than a coaching problem.

2 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

Can't stop the run because of Crappy ILB play combined with an undersized NT, a lazy Mo, and with a little mix of rookie safeties. All of the successful runs are between the tackles. If you can't stop the run, you can't stop teams from scoring. Bowles can't make Guards stop throwing Lee around like a rag doll, or put 80lbs on Mclendons frame. When guys are overmatched, teammates leave their assignment to help and the whole scheme falls apart. It's a talent/ability problem, more than a coaching problem.

No, it's both or really all of the above. 

10 minutes ago, Sonny Werblin said:

All last year and this year I've heard Bowles talk in press conferences about missed assignments and players not sticking to their roles.  The team rarely exhibits passion during the games or disappointment in their performances when they lose.

Whose fault is this?

46 minutes ago, Bugg said:

Not everything. The talent level is terrible. But Bowles adds no value. He doesn't know anything about offense such that he has for 3 years farmed it out. And his defense despite being filled with top picks is awful. And his in game decisions are idiocy.

He has no idea how the clock or timeouts work. When it comes to replays, the pats have someone in the booth(Erie Adams?) buzz Bellichick either to run a play on offense ASAP if it will go against them, or when throw the flag.Want to win football games; delegate that decision to someone in the booth  who is competent.  Bowles(like Rex Ryan) has to watch the jumbotron like every other drunk in the stadium because he thinks he's a leader or smarter than everyone. 

Further, when the game is over, stop being a  tough guy. In the Steelers game last year and the Raiders game Sunday, good football teams were looking to end the game by mutual agreement. And suddenly down 2 TDs + late in the 4th, the jets were still doing dumb things a if it was a game. Thats how players get hurt, and how coaches get reps as total a-holes. Bowles is going to get some Jet killed with that. It's classless and stupid. The game is over, pull in the horns and let the clock run. Instead the Raiders in response kept Carr in the game and were throwing the ball and called a timeout to kick a FG. 

As far as how he treats the press, could not care less. If this was a division-leading club, show up with a 6 pack and tell them to go to hell. But when you lose, that act is gonna cause you some grief. 

You do realize the Patriots have given up 62 points thus far

57 minutes ago, flgreen said:

No attack here honest.

The bill belichick coached team has given up 62 points

2 hours ago, JiF said:

I sometimes forget how big of a delusional homer you are.  

This team has literally 1 maybe 2 talented Football players on D and all they've done is invest in D.  There is nothing at all on offense to be the least bit excited about.  It's one of if not the most talent depraved rosters I've ever seen.  They're terrible at literally every single aspect of the game.  0-16 is a legit possibility.  That's how bad they are.  They're "rebuilding", 3 years into a "rebuild" and they have a DT and maybe a SS to build around, two of the least important positions in the game.  If Lee turns it around, which he won't because he's awful, who cares?  He's an ILB. The impact is minimal to say the least.

The Jets are in deep sh*t and have at least 3 years from being anywhere near relevant again.  And that would require actually doing some sh*t right for once, which we all know is damn near impossible for his franchise. 

What a pile of defeatist horsesh-t.  No surprise the Dbuttman and TomShame gave you cute little heart symbols for this monologue of cowardice.

"we have 1 talented football player... we're the worst...  we suck... we won't be good until the next solar eclipse...  wah wah wah"

Holy crap the lot of you need spankings.

1 hour ago, Sonny Werblin said:

I salute you sir. You may not have a lot of posters agree with you but here is one that completely agrees. 

How many teams have the owner pick the coach rather than the GM?  I'd much rather the owner hire/fire the GM but let the GM pick his own coach.

To be fair if I remember correctly we hired Bowles before macc so he knew who the coach was before taking the job. I would like macc to be able to pick his own coach next season though I like macc I'm not a Bowles fan anymore

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Archived