Jump to content

Hey Charlie Casserly, where was McVay during the Jets HC search?


Integrity28
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Exactly why it makes zero sense to pay a consultant.

Fair and by Woody hiring a consultant only highlights the fact that he's not a football guy and should not have the GM and HC reporting to him but moreso a structure that puts either the GM or someone above the GM in place who runs the personal decisions.  I'm hoping Chris possibly figures that out.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Fair point, I thought he was OC for a while. Regardless my prevailing point is about there being zero unique candidates brought by Casserly.

He was OC from 2014, so he had one year under his belt.  Not sure that was clear from my earlier post.  I think down here they would have been laughing if he even got an interview.  His first year they were still trying RG3 out and sucking.  His 2nd year they went 9-7 and Cousins started blowing up. 

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

23 minutes ago, drsamuel84 said:

From the stories I heard it sounded like Casserly's first recommendation was Marorone not Bowles but because Mehta went out and wrote that scathing article about him Woody was too scared to make that move.  Plus Casserly was there not just to recommend coaches but to be involved in the interview process and help hire the right guy.  Whenever these coaching searches happen it's always the same names being mentioned it's just a matter of how the musical chairs shapes out.  

LOL

Just wondering, who did you hear these stories from?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He was one of those interviewed.  The first batch included Anthony Lynn, Marrone, Quinn and Cable.  The next included Bowles, Reich and Kubiak, though I don't think they were all interviewed. 

Oh I remember that, I was talking about Woody being  scared because of Mehta.    Had to be Chris Johnson I guess. :)

Actually it seemed like first choice was Quinn, but they got cold feet when Quinn went to SB, and others starting signing elsewhere.   That's from the voices inside my head.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

When he lost the team last year, he lost my support. I'm not "hating". To me, a coach that loses the team is no longer a coach worth supporting. It was the same with Rex. 

I see this as being pragmatic, as a fan.

How is that pragmatic? When you state Bowles lost the team that is theoretical. A theory you formed. There is nothing pragmatic about that statement.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I'm not basing my rant on what the Rams have done in 3 weeks. I'm basing it on the scaleability of what I've seen. So far, I see McVay having gotten their top pick QB to play good football. I see Wade Phillips, and with him it's just a matter of when, not if, he fixes that defense and has them playing terrific. His track record as a DC speaks for itself. They really don't have more talent on their D than we do either. Not in terms of draft capital and proven ability. 

I can appreciate where you're coming from though, and to the layman would respect it as a counter point, but the Rams are rebuilding - same as us - and already in a better place after 3 games than we are after 3 years. Imagine McVay and Wade after 3 seasons... that's my point. I guess.

I see your angle and agree 100%.  

Crazy McVay is 31.  Which means he would have been 29 if hire instead of Bowles. ;-)

  • Upvote 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, drsamuel84 said:

Rams are way ahead of us in their rebuild considering they have Gurley in his prime and gave up a lot to move up for Goff, it's apples and oranges.

Watson Cook, or 2 safeties? Jump to your own conclusion. Oh,and Lil'Darren last year. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, flgreen said:

LOL

Just wondering, who did you hear these stories from?

I can't find the article but there were a few by Jet beat reporters mentioned that, not stating it as fact just what was reported

Actually here's the one posted the other day

 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-payton-darnold-belichick-brady-afc-east-article-1.3511686

 

ets need Sean Payton and Sam Darnold to become next Bill Belichick and Tom Brady of AFC East 

Gary Myers
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
 
Thursday, September 21, 2017, 2:18 PM
Gang Green needs to steal Sean Payton from the Saints and pick up USC QB Sam Darnold in the draft.

Gang Green needs to steal Sean Payton from the Saints and pick up USC QB Sam Darnold in the draft.

 (JIM MONE/AP)

Sean Payton and Sam Darnold are the dream daily double for the Jets in 2018 to celebrate the 50-year anniversary of Super Bowl III.

Can it happen?

Yes, indeed.

Payton and Darnold would give the Jets instant credibility and a chance to become the next Brady/Belichick in the AFC East.

Christopher Johnson deserves a fair chance to turn around Jets

One faction of Jets Nation — a good doctor friend who (foolishly) spent $100,000 on four PSLs and whose lawyer son is among those who “masochistically cherish” the team — embraced the idea and was willing to concede a lot to make it happen.

“I’d forget Butt Fumble, forgive Idzik and crawl to New England and kiss Belichick’s rings,” he said.

The Jets are 0-2, 12.5% of the way to 0-16. As poorly as they played losing in Buffalo and Oakland, it’s still going to be awfully tough to finish off a winless season…but go ahead and find one game they are expected to win. Not even in Cleveland on Oct. 8. Good news: 1-15 or 2-14 might be good (bad) enough to get them the leadoff spot in the draft.

The No. 1 pick gets them Darnold from USC, the No. 2 pick gets them Josh Rosen from UCLA. One assumption: They each decide to enter the draft with college eligibility remaining.

Jets QB Christian Hackenberg ‘has a lot of upside,’ says Johnson

Now what about Payton? The Saints attempted to trade him to the Colts the last two years and presumably would be willing to make a deal with the Jets if Woody/Christopher Johnson aggressively pursue him with the Saints' permission and then are willing to give up, say, a fourth-round pick in 2018 and a No. 1 pick in 2019. The first-round pick in 2018 is off limits.

The list of coaches I want teaching Darnold stops at two. Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh is one, but he’s not leaving his alma mater where he has constructed his own kingdom in Ann Arbor and will win the national championship within the next two or three years.

The other is a much more realistic get: Payton and the Saints have been rumored for divorce court for years. Even though he signed a five-year, $45 million contract in March of 2016 that takes him through the 2020 season, that deal came only after the Saints first had discussions with the Colts after the 2015 season. They reopened talks again in January of 2017, 10 months after Payton signed his contract. The talks broke down over compensation.

Payton’s ego is big enough that the chance to end the half-century Super Bowl absence for the Jets and be a forever New York sports hero would surely be appealing. He has New York arrogance with a dash of charm. He would fit seamlessly into the New York sports landscape.

Jets owner Christopher Johnson insists his team is 'not tanking'

Jets coach Todd Bowles is a very nice man and was a very good defensive coordinator in Arizona, but has not found his groove as a head coach. He has no chance to win this year in the Suck For Sam tanking season. He will be coming up on the final year of his contract next year, which means by the end of this season Johnson & Johnson will have to make a decision whether to extend or fire him. It’s rare an NFL head coach goes into a lame duck season. If the Jets win one or two games, how will the Jets sell a Bowles extension to their worn-out fan base?

Sam Darnold

Sam Darnold

 (HARRY HOW/GETTY IMAGES)

Payton is perfect for the Jets even though the Saints have not made the playoffs since 2013, have finished 7-9 in each of the last three years and have started at least 0-2 their last four years. He’s still a top five head coach and the No. 1 offensive mind in the NFL.

Once defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was run out of New Orleans following the Bountygate scandal that got Payton suspended for the 2012 season, the Saints have not played defense despite loading up in the draft and Payton’s employing Steve Spagnuolo, Rob Ryan and now Dennis Allen to run that side of the ball.

Even so, here’s why Payton is the right coach for the Jets:

Jets release struggling receiver and return man Kalif Raymond

— Think about this: After the two-year Rich Kotite 4-28 disaster in 1995-96, the Jets have hired six straight coaches who got their Master’s in defense: Bill Parcells, Al Groh, Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan and Bowles. It’s seven if you count Belichick’s 24 hours. The NFL is a passing league. Payton is a state-of-the-art offensive coach.

— Ben McAdoo was supposed to be a quarterback guru. Payton is a quarterback guru. He helped turn Drew Brees into one of the most prolific passers in NFL history. Brees has passed for over 5,000 yards a record five times — no other QB has done it more than once — and was the Super Bowl MVP in 2009. Payton is one of the most creative offensive minds of this generation. His teams can score on anybody. Unfortunately, his defenses can’t stop anybody, either. He would inherit two All-Pro caliber players in defensive tackle Leonard Williams and safety Jamal Adams. Maybe Rex can be his defensive coordinator.

— Payton arrived in New Orleans in 2006, the year after Hurricane Katrina ripped apart The Big Easy. He has a strong emotional attachment to the city and is immortalized there after winning the Saints first Super Bowl in his fourth season. But this is his 12th year with the Saints and he and the team have hit a wall and need a change. Brees is in the final year of his contract and although he’s expected to re-sign, he is 38 years old and may be reaching the end. Payton can start over with Darnold. Maybe he can convince Brees to come to the Jets for a year to mentor him.

— He is one of the 11 coaches from the Parcells tree to become an NFL head coach. Payton is Parcells’ favorite protégé. Payton consults with him all the time. Parcells helped Payton come up with his practice schedule and speeches to the team in the week before the Super Bowl. When Payton was suspended five years ago, Parcells strongly considered Payton’s request to coach the team for him. Payton is most like Parcells of all the coaches who have worked for him. That is a good thing. He is also tight with Bill Belichick. The Saints and Patriots have practiced against each other in training camp in 2015 and 2016. Payton would be motivated to beat Belichick if he coached the Jets. In his only game vs. Parcells, the Saints beat the Cowboys 42-17 in Dallas in 2006. No mercy.

Bowles on 2 plays that turned Jets loss to Raiders into a blowout

— Payton knows New York and will not be intimidated. He worked for Jim Fassel with the Giants from 1999-2002, so he knows the pressure that comes with the euphoria/depression fans of Monday mornings.

— He is a bit of a Parcells control freak, so what happens to GM Mike Maccagnan? It’s too hard for the head coach to run personnel and Maccagnan has a solid plan to build through the draft. Do they have a connection? The original plan of Jets advisor Charley Casserly in 2015 was to team Maccagnan with Doug Marrone as the coach but Woody Johnson didn’t want Marrone. Maccagnan and Marrone are close friends back from the days together with the London Monarchs of the old World League when Macccagan the personnel director signed Marrone the player in 1991. Marrone was on Payton’s original staff in New Orleans in 2006 and remained until he was named head coach at Syracuse in 2009. With Marrone making the introduction, a strong Payton-Maccagnan working relationship can develop.

— As popular as Payton has been in New Orleans, there is a petition on Change.org to get him fired. Of course, it only has 31 supporters. Fans are restless with the Saints winning only two playoff games in the seven seasons since the Super Bowl. New Orleans looks like the worst team in the NFC South this year.

Payton will be 54 in December. Coaches don’t get burned out until they are 60. That would give Jets Nation six years of Payton and Darnold if all the pieces fall into place in January.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Just wondering, ya know, given that all he did was lobby for people in his network rather than conduct an actual candidate search. McVay surely had to be on his radar, given his ties to the Redskins.

Or wait, did he even bother lobbying his network? Maybe he just put together a list of the hot candidates being talked about on NFLN (of whichever network pays his check). 

I've lobbied for us to land Wade Phillips as DC since we fired Mangini. I know it's a hypothetical argument, but there's no doubt in my mind that Wade with the defensive rosters we've had would have been amazing.

Anyway, thanks Charlie for Bowles. He sucks. I hope Chris Johnson is better at this sh*t...

I totally agree. "Guru" Casserly also pushed Macc who is as big a bust as Darren Lee and Hackenberg. Casserly has zero credibility in my eyes. I would rather get football advice from a drunk in a sports bar.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, RESNewYork said:

How is that pragmatic? When you state Bowles lost the team that is theoretical. A theory you formed. There is nothing pragmatic about that statement.

Players have stated that "guys gave up". Direct from the players has to be taken as fact.

This year they purged the team of usurpers, despite many of those players been superior talent. That's fact.

Coaches who can't unify the team, don't win. That's fact. 

So.... anyway.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, drsamuel84 said:

I can't find the article but there were a few by Jet beat reporters mentioned that, not stating it as fact just what was reported

Actually here's the one posted the other day

 

http://www.nydailynews.com/sports/football/jets/jets-payton-darnold-belichick-brady-afc-east-article-1.3511686

 

ets need Sean Payton and Sam Darnold to become next Bill Belichick and Tom Brady of AFC East 

Gary Myers
NEW YORK DAILY NEWS
 
Thursday, September 21, 2017, 2:18 PM
Gang Green needs to steal Sean Payton from the Saints and pick up USC QB Sam Darnold in the draft.

Gang Green needs to steal Sean Payton from the Saints and pick up USC QB Sam Darnold in the draft.

 (JIM MONE/AP)

Sean Payton and Sam Darnold are the dream daily double for the Jets in 2018 to celebrate the 50-year anniversary of Super Bowl III.

Can it happen?

Yes, indeed.

Payton and Darnold would give the Jets instant credibility and a chance to become the next Brady/Belichick in the AFC East.

Christopher Johnson deserves a fair chance to turn around Jets

One faction of Jets Nation — a good doctor friend who (foolishly) spent $100,000 on four PSLs and whose lawyer son is among those who “masochistically cherish” the team — embraced the idea and was willing to concede a lot to make it happen.

“I’d forget Butt Fumble, forgive Idzik and crawl to New England and kiss Belichick’s rings,” he said.

The Jets are 0-2, 12.5% of the way to 0-16. As poorly as they played losing in Buffalo and Oakland, it’s still going to be awfully tough to finish off a winless season…but go ahead and find one game they are expected to win. Not even in Cleveland on Oct. 8. Good news: 1-15 or 2-14 might be good (bad) enough to get them the leadoff spot in the draft.

The No. 1 pick gets them Darnold from USC, the No. 2 pick gets them Josh Rosen from UCLA. One assumption: They each decide to enter the draft with college eligibility remaining.

Jets QB Christian Hackenberg ‘has a lot of upside,’ says Johnson

Now what about Payton? The Saints attempted to trade him to the Colts the last two years and presumably would be willing to make a deal with the Jets if Woody/Christopher Johnson aggressively pursue him with the Saints' permission and then are willing to give up, say, a fourth-round pick in 2018 and a No. 1 pick in 2019. The first-round pick in 2018 is off limits.

The list of coaches I want teaching Darnold stops at two. Michigan’s Jim Harbaugh is one, but he’s not leaving his alma mater where he has constructed his own kingdom in Ann Arbor and will win the national championship within the next two or three years.

The other is a much more realistic get: Payton and the Saints have been rumored for divorce court for years. Even though he signed a five-year, $45 million contract in March of 2016 that takes him through the 2020 season, that deal came only after the Saints first had discussions with the Colts after the 2015 season. They reopened talks again in January of 2017, 10 months after Payton signed his contract. The talks broke down over compensation.

Payton’s ego is big enough that the chance to end the half-century Super Bowl absence for the Jets and be a forever New York sports hero would surely be appealing. He has New York arrogance with a dash of charm. He would fit seamlessly into the New York sports landscape.

Jets owner Christopher Johnson insists his team is 'not tanking'

Jets coach Todd Bowles is a very nice man and was a very good defensive coordinator in Arizona, but has not found his groove as a head coach. He has no chance to win this year in the Suck For Sam tanking season. He will be coming up on the final year of his contract next year, which means by the end of this season Johnson & Johnson will have to make a decision whether to extend or fire him. It’s rare an NFL head coach goes into a lame duck season. If the Jets win one or two games, how will the Jets sell a Bowles extension to their worn-out fan base?

Sam Darnold

Sam Darnold

 (HARRY HOW/GETTY IMAGES)

Payton is perfect for the Jets even though the Saints have not made the playoffs since 2013, have finished 7-9 in each of the last three years and have started at least 0-2 their last four years. He’s still a top five head coach and the No. 1 offensive mind in the NFL.

Once defensive coordinator Gregg Williams was run out of New Orleans following the Bountygate scandal that got Payton suspended for the 2012 season, the Saints have not played defense despite loading up in the draft and Payton’s employing Steve Spagnuolo, Rob Ryan and now Dennis Allen to run that side of the ball.

Even so, here’s why Payton is the right coach for the Jets:

Jets release struggling receiver and return man Kalif Raymond

— Think about this: After the two-year Rich Kotite 4-28 disaster in 1995-96, the Jets have hired six straight coaches who got their Master’s in defense: Bill Parcells, Al Groh, Herm Edwards, Eric Mangini, Rex Ryan and Bowles. It’s seven if you count Belichick’s 24 hours. The NFL is a passing league. Payton is a state-of-the-art offensive coach.

— Ben McAdoo was supposed to be a quarterback guru. Payton is a quarterback guru. He helped turn Drew Brees into one of the most prolific passers in NFL history. Brees has passed for over 5,000 yards a record five times — no other QB has done it more than once — and was the Super Bowl MVP in 2009. Payton is one of the most creative offensive minds of this generation. His teams can score on anybody. Unfortunately, his defenses can’t stop anybody, either. He would inherit two All-Pro caliber players in defensive tackle Leonard Williams and safety Jamal Adams. Maybe Rex can be his defensive coordinator.

— Payton arrived in New Orleans in 2006, the year after Hurricane Katrina ripped apart The Big Easy. He has a strong emotional attachment to the city and is immortalized there after winning the Saints first Super Bowl in his fourth season. But this is his 12th year with the Saints and he and the team have hit a wall and need a change. Brees is in the final year of his contract and although he’s expected to re-sign, he is 38 years old and may be reaching the end. Payton can start over with Darnold. Maybe he can convince Brees to come to the Jets for a year to mentor him.

— He is one of the 11 coaches from the Parcells tree to become an NFL head coach. Payton is Parcells’ favorite protégé. Payton consults with him all the time. Parcells helped Payton come up with his practice schedule and speeches to the team in the week before the Super Bowl. When Payton was suspended five years ago, Parcells strongly considered Payton’s request to coach the team for him. Payton is most like Parcells of all the coaches who have worked for him. That is a good thing. He is also tight with Bill Belichick. The Saints and Patriots have practiced against each other in training camp in 2015 and 2016. Payton would be motivated to beat Belichick if he coached the Jets. In his only game vs. Parcells, the Saints beat the Cowboys 42-17 in Dallas in 2006. No mercy.

Bowles on 2 plays that turned Jets loss to Raiders into a blowout

— Payton knows New York and will not be intimidated. He worked for Jim Fassel with the Giants from 1999-2002, so he knows the pressure that comes with the euphoria/depression fans of Monday mornings.

— He is a bit of a Parcells control freak, so what happens to GM Mike Maccagnan? It’s too hard for the head coach to run personnel and Maccagnan has a solid plan to build through the draft. Do they have a connection? The original plan of Jets advisor Charley Casserly in 2015 was to team Maccagnan with Doug Marrone as the coach but Woody Johnson didn’t want Marrone. Maccagnan and Marrone are close friends back from the days together with the London Monarchs of the old World League when Macccagan the personnel director signed Marrone the player in 1991. Marrone was on Payton’s original staff in New Orleans in 2006 and remained until he was named head coach at Syracuse in 2009. With Marrone making the introduction, a strong Payton-Maccagnan working relationship can develop.

— As popular as Payton has been in New Orleans, there is a petition on Change.org to get him fired. Of course, it only has 31 supporters. Fans are restless with the Saints winning only two playoff games in the seven seasons since the Super Bowl. New Orleans looks like the worst team in the NFC South this year.

Payton will be 54 in December. Coaches don’t get burned out until they are 60. That would give Jets Nation six years of Payton and Darnold if all the pieces fall into place in January.

Article said Woody didn't want Marrone , not that Woody was scared to hire him because of a Mehta article.  I suspect Woody didn't want him because of tghe way he jerked the Bills around on his last HC gig.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

51 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Players have stated that "guys gave up". Direct from the players has to be taken as fact.

This year they purged the team of usurpers, despite many of those players been superior talent. That's fact.

Coaches who can't unify the team, don't win. That's fact. 

So.... anyway.

So did I miss that? I didn't realize jet players said they gave up or their teammates gave up. Was it in an article or interview? Not saying your wring but you sure you didn't read that on these boards?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Just wondering, ya know, given that all he did was lobby for people in his network rather than conduct an actual candidate search. McVay surely had to be on his radar, given his ties to the Redskins.

Or wait, did he even bother lobbying his network? Maybe he just put together a list of the hot candidates being talked about on NFLN (of whichever network pays his check). 

I've lobbied for us to land Wade Phillips as DC since we fired Mangini. I know it's a hypothetical argument, but there's no doubt in my mind that Wade with the defensive rosters we've had would have been amazing.

Anyway, thanks Charlie for Bowles. He sucks. I hope Chris Johnson is better at this sh*t...

He can't hear you. Casserly moved all the way to New Vulcan to help finish repopulating the species now that Nimoy's no longer around.

charley_casserly_82879286.jpg?w=640

Live long and prosper!

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Integrity28 said:

Players have stated that "guys gave up". Direct from the players has to be taken as fact.

This year they purged the team of usurpers, despite many of those players been superior talent. That's fact.

Coaches who can't unify the team, don't win. That's fact. 

So.... anyway.

Actually I am 99% sure no player ever stated, direct from the player,  "guys gave up" 

I get it. You're a passionate fan, but I'm pretty sure you read that on here and took that opinion as fact.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Gen X Jet said:

I know it wasn't easy, but did you watch any of the games after the Chiefs game last year?

I watched every game last season. I remember two victories came against SF and the Browns. And I remember the team being down both games. If a team gives up, they do not come back from a deficit to win.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, RESNewYork said:

I watched every game last season. I remember two victories came against SF and the Browns. And I remember the team being down both games. If a team gives up, they do not come back from a deficit to win.

Now you're just trolling.  That Niners game set back the game 30 years!

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Gen X Jet said:

Now you're just trolling.  That Niners game set back the game 30 years!

how is that trolling. You asked if I watched after the chiefs game. I said yes. Not sure what you're getting at but I assumed you meant the jets quit. I'm saying teams that quit don't make comebacks in games. i dont troll ever. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

7 hours ago, Matt39 said:

"Who's been wrong more than Charley Casserly since he left the Redskins?" Belichick said. "His percentage is like a meteorologist. He has no relationship to this team. I'd say less than zero. Based on what? He's never at a practice, never at a game. At least he put his name on it (the report), which is more than a lot of guys. But, like he usually is, he was 100 percent wrong."

Is this a real quote?  Source?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Call Theo Epstein, offer him the job. If he declines, ask him for guidance on who to hire. There's such an opportunity for NFL teams to get ahead of the pack here in terms if building a franchise. Besides the Patriots, Steelers and Packers...most are clueless. I fully expect the Browns to be winning soon, too.

  • Upvote 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, Sperm Edwards said:

He can't hear you. Casserly moved all the way to New Vulcan to help finish repopulating the species now that Nimoy's no longer around.

charley_casserly_82879286.jpg?w=640

Live long and prosper!

Why would you take advice from a guy who combs his hair with a rock? 

  • Haha 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Players have stated that "guys gave up". Direct from the players has to be taken as fact.

This year they purged the team of usurpers, despite many of those players been superior talent. That's fact.

Coaches who can't unify the team, don't win. That's fact. 

So.... anyway.

So.... anyway. This is not true. Players never stated that "guys gave up". So this has to be taken as fiction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Players have stated that "guys gave up". Direct from the players has to be taken as fact.

This year they purged the team of usurpers, despite many of those players been superior talent. That's fact.

Coaches who can't unify the team, don't win. That's fact. 

So.... anyway.

So.... anyway. This is not true. Players never stated that "guys gave up". So this has to be taken as fiction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

18 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

Players have stated that "guys gave up". Direct from the players has to be taken as fact.

This year they purged the team of usurpers, despite many of those players been superior talent. That's fact.

Coaches who can't unify the team, don't win. That's fact. 

So.... anyway.

So.... anyway. This is not true. Players never stated that "guys gave up". So this has to be taken as fiction.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, KRL said:

Also if Bowles was back on the bench not watching when the offense was on the field how many people would lose their minds?  That's what

McVay did all night when LA defense was playing.  What if he needed to make a challenge?  Was a waterboy supposed to run and get him?

I gotta say I would love to see Bowles do something, anything but stand there with a blank look on his face. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Restore formatting

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

 Share

×
×
  • Create New...