Aaron Hernandez had severe CTE

RoadFan

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply
8 hours ago, Butterfield said:

You have obvious reading comprehension issues.  Not a single person has defended him.  And your lack of knowledge regarding scientific study is appalling, seeing as you felt it necessary to comment.

You have only 180 posts in 2+ years and then come on here calling people that disagree with you names and freaking out and just being a general a$$hole? OK.

Maybe your personal connection to someone with a disease within the same field of neurodegenerative disease with similar symptoms but with a completely different cause from the various Taupathies (one of which is the proposed  CTE), doesn't allow you to discuss this matter in a dispassionate, objective manner without feeling a need to somehow defend your loved one from imagined attacks, or conflating that person and their condition with a murderer?

Go ahead and call me a moron or question my reading comp skills again if it makes you feel better.....

On 9/22/2017 at 10:39 AM, RoadFan said:

Surprised nothing about this yet...

He was 23 when arrested and hadnt played organized football since.  23!  His CTE was the equivalent to what is expected of a player in his mid 60s.

How many others whose bizarre and violent behavior COULD, I stress could, be at least partially attributed to brain damage?  Guys like Chris Henry, Jovan Belcher, etc....

I am not a parent, but anxious to hear from some of you in this thread and anyone else that wishes to offer an opinion.  Except for Bruce Arians, that is..

So he joined the NFL got CTE and decided to join a gang of thugs and start killing people ? Screw him

1 hour ago, Smashmouth said:

So he joined the NFL got CTE and decided to join a gang of thugs and start killing people ? Screw him

Another narrow mind that is unable to understand my point in context, no matter how gently and eloquent I explain it.

"Could... partially..."

1 hour ago, Jet_Engine1 said:

You have only 180 posts in 2+ years and then come on here calling people that disagree with you names and freaking out and just being a general a$$hole? OK.

Maybe your personal connection to someone with a disease within the same field of neurodegenerative disease with similar symptoms but with a completely different cause from the various Taupathies (one of which is the proposed  CTE), doesn't allow you to discuss this matter in a dispassionate, objective manner without feeling a need to somehow defend your loved one from imagined attacks, or conflating that person and their condition with a murderer?

Go ahead and call me a moron or question my reading comp skills again if it makes you feel better.....

Lol, defensive much?  Just because you can copy and paste some jargon, doesn't make you any less of a moron.

The real problem with this business, is that there wasn't even a doubt..  Not even a single doubt, before he was diagnosed, that he in fact had it.  Several weeks ago when they announced they were doing an autopsy, it was the surest bet in the world what the result was going to be.

Now, we know that CTE correlates strongly with very significant and distressing behavioral changes (as reported by families).  So now we are just one hop skip and a jump away from the worrying statement that CTE actually contributes to or enhances sociopaths.   

Worse.  The defense in this case is going to be wonderfully hypocritical.  The NFL will argue (correctly), that Hernandez might have contracted CTE long before he ever entered the NFL and so they can't be held liable.  Namely he might have procured it in College or in high school (when his behavior first started to be noticeably different).  The problem with that, is that it tacitly accepts the fact that their game produces head trauma, when they've been busy denying it for the past twenty years.

This game is on borrowed time.  CTE likely exists in every NFL player in the league, and probably in many other sports as well.  It just sucks!

12 hours ago, Savage69 said:

just-because-you-did-it-doesnt-mean-your

One attorney was famous for saying "The presumption of innocence attaches to a defendant upon his payment in full of a retainer".

Recall in my misspent youth as a lowly ADA a defense attorney explaining to the judge he was not ready for trial because a very important party to his client, Mr. Green, had not yet arrived. The adjournment was granted over my objection. I didn't understand then, but came to know when I switched sides how important Mr. Green was to the practice of criminal defense.

7 hours ago, Bugg said:

One attorney was famous for saying "The presumption of innocence attaches to a defendant upon his payment in full of a retainer".

Recall in my misspent youth as a lowly ADA a defense attorney explaining to the judge he was not ready for trial because a very important party to his client, Mr. Green, had not yet arrived. The adjournment was granted over my objection. I didn't understand then, but came to know when I switched sides how important Mr. Green was to the practice of criminal defense.

Yes people seem to forget that judges are lawyers with robes on as are the law makers. 

They are going to protect their profession. They will make you pay for any procedural mistakes you make. 

Archived