We better effing lose every game

nico002

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On 9/28/2017 at 6:46 AM, jetgreen13 said:

i just don't get why so many here want to chase meaningless wins this season.. is it a badge of honor kind of thing??

We have to see what we have in this McCown kid. I think he's just about ready to peak any year now. We need to get him some experience so he's ready to hit the ground running next year. 

2 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

We have to see what we have in this McCown kid. I think he's just about ready to peak any year now. We need to get him some experience so he's ready to hit the ground running next year. 

it really irks me, bowles, if left to his own device's, will absolutely keep trotting mccown out there.. at least until we are mathematically eliminated from the playoffs.. in this, he could not be more self serving.. petty should be praised for not telling bowles to **** off!!

in an alternate reality, maccagnan would have at least some say on who's the QB is.. but here in bizarro world, he does not.....

7 hours ago, NYs Stepchild said:

And don't forget that he will probably be in line for the same deal that Fitz got last year.  And another year starting.  That way we really don't need to take a QB very high next year.  We could go defense for the tenth consecutive #1 pick.  It's worked out pretty well for us so far.

1 minute ago, Pcola said:

And don't forget that he will probably be in line for the same deal that Fitz got last year.  And another year starting.  That way we really don't need to take a QB very high next year.  We could go defense for the tenth consecutive #1 pick.  It's worked out pretty well for us so far.

I could see Bowles naming McC the starter before he is signed, sure. 

Don't forget that Bowles will be on his last year so he will need an extension as well. 

I would like to remind everyone that franchise QBs don't have to come from the first round. I offer three examples, two of which are in the hall and the third will be. Joe Montana, John Unitas, and Tom Brady. I want to see more of this qb class before I say this is THE guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

33 minutes ago, Peteo said:

I would like to remind everyone that franchise QBs don't have to come from the first round. I offer three examples, two of which are in the hall and the third will be. Joe Montana, John Unitas, and Tom Brady. I want to see more of this qb class before I say this is THE guy.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

just for the sake of clarity, are you suggesting the jets don't take a QB in the 1st round??

because i'm hearing/reading as many as 6 QBs conceivably could be selected in round 1 of the '18 draft..

that seems like a lot of QBs to pass on in the 1st, when the QB is by far the most important position in the NFL & it also happens to be the jets most glaring need..

Here is the thing that I simply dont understand about tanking

If it is week 15 and we are 3-11, I am absolutely, without question hoping that the team doesnt win and therefore gets as close to being able to control who they want to pick as possible.

But to want them to lose every game starting in week 1, is not only counterproductive to wanting the players to do well, its also too difficult.  Lets get to the second half of the season before we worry about draft slot.

They could trade up. They could find another guy in the 12 to 16 range (Like Watson this year). There are a multitude of ways to go. Darnold has looked pretty average at time this year, but if he decides to come out he could very well be drafted by a team like the 49'ers or the Chargers (Who have emerged as a major player in this)

I still think the Jets are going to lose alot more than they are going to win. Miami looks bad and Jax is very inconsistent at this point. The Jets still 2 games with NE, games with Denver and KC and the entire NFC South.

3 minutes ago, BklynJetsFan85 said:

Jets have a young team, a lot of players trying to prove themselves, who will play their hearts out every game, especially on defense. Hard to tank when you have a talented defense

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

The safeties look good, but the Briwns out played us so much it's a joke that they lose the game. I'd still sooner be the Browns than Jets.

1 hour ago, Warfish said:

Jets > Browns in every spot other than Draft Picks.  

The Browns are the example of why rooting for losses is pointless.  It takes more than picks to get better.

We definitely have them at kicker and not having a rookie QB that looks terrible, that's for sure. Other than that, the Browns handed us our asses today. So yeah, the future.

3 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

We definitely have them at kicker and not having a rookie QB that looks terrible, that's for sure. Other than that, the Browns handed us our asses today. So yeah, the future.

Our win must truly pain you.  I'm sorry for you.

Just now, Warfish said:

Our win must truly pain you.  I'm sorry for you.

No, in another life I was a prospector. I used to love to get my paws on some of that iron pyrite. Looks like gold, smells like gold, really just about the same thing.

I'm sure we'll find an awesome awesome quarterback at some point to add to this juggernaut of a team we have.

Just now, Gastineau Lives said:

No, in another life I was a prospector. I used to love to get my paws on some of that iron pyrite. Looks like gold, smells like gold, really just about the same thing.

I'm sure we'll find an awesome awesome quarterback at some point to add to this juggernaut of a team we have.

Have no fear, if Darnold keeps playing the way he has so far, you might still get him.

Of course, then you won't want him.

Some fans are never happy.  

The Jets are playing themselves right out of a potential franchise QB... again.

Even if one concedes there are maybe four or five 1st round QB prospects, they still might not get one.  A few go before the Jets pick, a trade up and bang... the Jets are drafting a defensive lineman again.

Whoody f*ckin' doo...

1 minute ago, RoadFan said:

The Jets are playing themselves right out of a potential franchise QB... again.

Even if one concedes there are maybe 4 or 5 1st round QB prospects, they still might not get one.  A few go before the Jets pick, a trade up and bang... the Jets are drafting a defensive lineman again.

Whoody f*ckin' doo...

As of today, we pick ~19-22 in round one.

42 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Kevin Hogan threw for 200 yards and 2 touchdowns on 16 of 19 attempts in one half of football against us. Let that sink in.

I liked Kevin Hogan as a late round flier.  I liked beating him today much better.

Go Jets!  

44 minutes ago, Gastineau Lives said:

Kevin Hogan threw for 200 yards and 2 touchdowns on 16 of 19 attempts in one half of football against us. Let that sink in.

You're lucky you got afraid and cancelled our bet. 

Archived