The Official Jets vs Dolphins Game Thread

pointman

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
11 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Oh yeah... clearly the team that was in Buffalo and Oakland is going places.

As far as the Buffalo game we were a new team, with young players, with a new offense, despite that we lost 20-12, not bad.  In the Raiders we were facing a team that is expected to go deep into the playoffs and despite that we played admirably and took a step forward.  Today another step forward.  Things don't stand still.  By end of season we'll be better still.  Hopefully we find some players this year and fill some more holes in the draft next year.  In addition we have over $100M to spend next year and even more when we flush out Wilkerson and some others.

Just now, long suffering jets fan said:

As far as the Buffalo game we were a new team, with young players, with a new offense, despite that we lost 20-12, not bad.  In the Raiders we were facing a team that is expected to go deep into the playoffs and despite that we played admirably and took a step forward.  Today another step forward.  Things don't stand still.  By end of season we'll be better still.  Hopefully we find some players this year and fill some more holes in the draft next year.  

This guy is HIGH. It's official. What you smoking? Anything good?

Jets schedule:
  •  
    1 Sep 10 LOSS Jets 12 Bills 21 GAME DAY

•  
    2 Sep 17 LOSS Jets 20 Raiders 45 GAME DAY

•  
    3 Sep 24 1:00PMEDT Dolphins GAME DAY

•  
    4 Oct 1 1:00PMEDT Jaguars GAME DAY

•  
    5 Oct 8 1:00PMEDT Browns GAME DAY

•  
    6 Oct 15 1:00PMEDT Patriots GAME DAY

•  
    7 Oct 22 1:00PMEDT Dolphins GAME DAY

•  
    8 Oct 29 1:00PMEDT Falcons GAME DAY

•  
    9 Nov 2 8:25PMEDT Bills GAME DAY

•  
    10 Nov 12 1:00PMEST Buccaneers GAME DAY

•  
    11 BYE

•  
    12 Nov 26 1:00PMEST Panthers GAME DAY

•  
    13 Dec 3 1:00PMEST Chiefs GAME DAY

•  
    14 Dec 10 4:05PMEST Broncos GAME DAY

•  
    15 Dec 17 1:00PMEST Saints GAME DAY

•  
    16 Dec 24 1:00PMEST Chargers GAME DAY

•  
    17 Dec 31 1:00PMEST Patriots GAME DAY

Come on. There are not more than 2 or 3 winnable games left. Some guys are losing their sh*t over beating a sh*t team in our home opener.

-

Just now, RutgersJetFan said:

I think The Ilk has long been in agreement that the Jets were always going to win enough games to not be bad enough for anything.

I'm not so sure.  The Pu$$y Patrol was in full force this last week decrying everything Macc has done and proudly thumping their puny chests at a 45-20 loss.

This destruction of the Fins is gratifying on many fronts.

Some of you guys might have wanted the prestige of 0-16 with no guarantee of a franchise QB

Having the # 1 pick provides undeniable draft capital.

Just ask the Titans, who got a kings ransom just for moving down from # 2 to # 3.

Don't like the QBs at the top? Fine. Someone else will like one enough to send you at least two first rounders and then some.

Having the # 6 pick gets you absolutely nowhere.

9 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Wasn't aware Von Miller was acquired via free agency. Learn something new every day I guess.

I didn't realize that one single player offsets the fact that a large amount of players on that team, particularly that defense, we're FA's.  Talib, Ward, Ware, Evan Mathis on the OL, Emmanuel Sanders at WR, Peyton Manning at QB (even if by their second appearance it was his lifelss corpse), and there's plenty of others.  I'm not disagreeing that the draft is where consistent winners are built, but that Broncos team is not example of that.

33 minutes ago, RoadFan said:

Can't you understand that any hope for this franchise rests on the opportunity to draft a blue-chip QB prospect?

Exactly. And regardless of record, McCags or his replacement had better sell the farm to get one. Trade anyone but Adams and Williams, but we need a QB. 

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:
Jets schedule:
  •  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  
    11 BYE

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

Come on. There are not more than 2 or 3 winnable games left. Some guys are losing their sh*t over beating a sh*t team in our home opener.

-

3-4 wins MAX. 

1 minute ago, JetFaninMI said:
Jets schedule:
  •  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  
    11 BYE

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

•  

-

Any given Sunday.

Just now, Jetsfan80 said:

Having the # 1 pick provides undeniable draft capital.

Just ask the Titans, who got a kings ransom just for moving down from # 2 to # 3.

Don't like the QBs at the top? Fine. Someone else will like one enough to send you at least two first rounders and then some.

Sorry bub.  No 1st pick..  get over it. 

13 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Draft picks don't solve everything...Quarterbacks do. You find talented QB's with draft picks.

When 5 years from now the Jets are still picking up QB's off the scrap heap and you are trying to decide whether the team will win 5 or 9 games the next season, I hope you can take solace in the fact that Josh McCown played really well today. Good for you.

Adams playing well, Robby, Stewart, Burris awesome! Love it hope they continue to grow so they can be important parts of a potential SB run. McCown? **** McCown.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

I don't buy it.  QB is just one guy.  You need to have a team around him and on defense. 

I didn't realize that one single player offsets the fact that a large amount of players on that team, particularly that defense, we're FA's.  Talib, Ward, Ware, Evan Mathis on the OL,. Emmanuel Sanders at WR, Peyton Manning at QB (even if by their second appearance it was his lifelss corpse), and there's plenty of others.  I'm not disagreeing that the draft is where consistent winners are built, but that Broncos team is not example of that.

Von Miller is among the single most dominating forces on the defensive side of the ball in the NFL. And you seem to agree that, like 99 % of the time, draft picks are what win you titles.

So yeah, my point stands.

2 minutes ago, fltflo said:

Anybody get the feeling these announcers are nothing but a bunch of dolphin homers

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I'd do anything to watch a broadcast that just had the sounds of the game, with zero commentating. Watching on mute takes something away from the game but hearing morons speak is even more painful. 

40 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

As far as the Buffalo game we were a new team, with young players, with a new offense, despite that we lost 20-12, not bad.  In the Raiders we were facing a team that is expected to go deep into the playoffs and despite that we played admirably and took a step forward.  Today another step forward.  Things don't stand still.  By end of season we'll be better still.  Hopefully we find some players this year and fill some more holes in the draft next year.  In addition we have over $100M to spend next year and even more when we flush out Wilkerson and some others.

Micro management is for the end, Jets are just starting,....AGAIN.

Archived