The Official Jets vs Dolphins Game Thread

pointman

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, BigO said:

Duh bottom line is you take a QB In round one I'd there is one there you like.  2018 will be a bonanza for QB's taken in round 1. And we will be one of them if not the first. So sh*t or get off the pot.

Follow along here. I'm fine using a 1st rounder on a QB. Blowing a whole season hoping you get the #1 based on hype and maybe is ridiculous though.

1 minute ago, JetFreak89 said:

EVEN taking about #1 picks your argument is still wrong. How much evidence are you going to continue to ignore that you're wrong? The best chance for the Jets to win (not one game, not one season, the SuperBowl) is tanking one year to get the best QB in one of the better QB draft classes. Arguing against that is arguing against straight statistics. Feel free to do so, but just know, you're wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

So you TRULY believe the #1 gets us closer than the #4? Really? 

22 minutes ago, Jetsfan80 said:

How are we going to get this magical QB if we never, you know, have a top 5 pick?

Think this franchise is smart enough to land the next Carr or Wilson? I sure don't.

Well considering that 14 of the last 18 Super Bowls have been won by draft picks that weren't top 5, I would think our chances would be just as good there. By the way the other 4 have been won by Mannings, they're not making any more of those.

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

I know you have a raging hard-on for me the past few weeks, but next time you post a meme make sure it makes sense. 

To be honest, I don't really recall who you are or if I've responded to you much lately, but I'm not denying that I did.

And it made sense. To me, people sound butthurt when they call someone a "nasty little bitch". Seems appropriate.

Just now, Spoot-Face said:

To be honest, I don't really recall who you are or if I've responded to you much lately, but I'm not denying that I did.

And it made sense. To me, people sound butthurt when they call someone a "nasty little bitch". Seems appropriate.

Cool story. 

9 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

EVEN taking about #1 picks your argument is still wrong. How much evidence are you going to continue to ignore that you're wrong? The best chance for the Jets to win (not one game, not one season, the SuperBowl) is tanking one year to get the best QB in one of the better QB draft classes. Arguing against that is arguing against straight statistics. Feel free to do so, but just know, you're wrong.

This is so incredibly wrong.  What statistics are you talking about. 

10 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

Today is like eating a box of Twinkies-good for about the 5 minutes you're experiencing it, followed immediately by disgust and regret. 

Can we get the Mets postgame off TV? WTF? 

3 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Either way, my overall point is this is a team game. Madden/ESPN has destroyed any level of thinking it seems.

Not sure what you're arguing with. I 100% agree this is a team game.  So many folks saying that QB is all that matters, but without the rest of the team, your QB is doomed to fail. 

Archived