The Official Jets vs Dolphins Game Thread

pointman

• Replies 860
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, long suffering jets fan said:

Not sure what you're arguing with. I 100% agree this is a team game.  So many folks saying that QB is all that matters, but without the rest of the team, your QB is doomed to fail. 

That's exactly what I'm saying. Suck for Sam or whatever is some of the dumbest sh*t I have ever seen.

12 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

Follow along here. I'm fine using a 1st rounder on a QB. Blowing a whole season hoping you get the #1 based on hype and maybe is ridiculous though.

What's ridiculous is your thinking.  Going 4-12 or 2-14 is no consolation prize. You might get a stuffed animal ?at Coney Island to go with that record. #1 pick gets you the pick of the litter. No brainer for those with no brains.

2 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

LOL I am so incredibly wrong but you don't know what statistics we are talking about. This everybody, is what is wrong with America today.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

Because you're referring to statistics that don't exist.   That's what's wrong with America today Mr. Fake Statistics.

Just now, BigO said:

What's ridiculous is your thinking.  Going 4-12 or 2-14 is no consolation prize. You might get a stuffed animal ?at Coney Island to go with that record. #1 pick gets you the pick of the litter. No brainer for those with no brains.

And history says the #1 guarantees you nothing. I'd be just as happy with the #3 and a 12 year starter at LT. Madden and ESPN strike again. 

1 minute ago, Jet9 said:

And history says the #1 guarantees you nothing. I'd be just as happy with the #3 and a 12 year starter at LT. Madden and ESPN strike again. 

No sh*t Sherlock.  BUT LT's don't  throw td's. Then again, a #1 LT at QB would be an upgrade over the garbage we have at QB right now. 

1 hour ago, Jetsfan80 said:

Having the # 1 pick provides undeniable draft capital.

Just ask the Titans, who got a kings ransom just for moving down from # 2 to # 3.

Don't like the QBs at the top? Fine. Someone else will like one enough to send you at least two first rounders and then some.

Having the # 6 pick gets you absolutely nowhere.

this guy is making tremendous sense.  we blew it for the future.

Only Bowles should be happy.

32 minutes ago, JetFreak89 said:

EVEN taking about #1 picks your argument is still wrong. How much evidence are you going to continue to ignore that you're wrong? The best chance for the Jets to win (not one game, not one season, the SuperBowl) is tanking one year to get the best QB in one of the better QB draft classes. Arguing against that is arguing against straight statistics. Feel free to do so, but just know, you're wrong.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

This is so wrong it hurts. Get a grip

15 minutes ago, Jet9 said:

So, the #1 pick guarantees you nothing, but the #3 pick guarantees you a franchise caliber left tackle?

Just now, Warfish said:

Hell yeah they did, that extended, endless, holysh*twhenwillitend wait was all part of why it tasted so good.

I can remember my mom reluctantly ordering another pitcher of soda for me and my brother during that Pizza Hut detention. She knew we were about to become caffeinated maniac 9-year-olds.  

18 minutes ago, ScarletKnight89 said:

So? Not the point. The Jets defense was dominant today. The Dolphins won 11 games last year with a QB who played fairly well last week on the west coast. It was a very nice win.

Wouldn't get carried away. Cutler is playing with a new cast, was basically retired-out of shape- lacked preseason reps - and the Fins have traveled half way around the world, dealt with a hurricane and were on the road vs. a divisional opponent that has historically given them fits for decades. Ho hum. Inevitably  they're going to win a few games. #1 pick still a real possibility.

10 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

So then every team who doesn't have a shot at being a true contender should just tank for the top draft pick?

Those teams without a franchise QB or strong enough team around them to support a mere competent QB?

Yes, if they know what's good for them.

1 minute ago, BigO said:

Wouldn't get carried away. Cutler is playing with a new cast, was basically retired-out of shape- lacked preseason reps - and the Fins have traveled half way around the world, dealt with a hurricane and were on the road vs. a divisional opponent that has historically given them fits for decades. Ho hum. Inevitably  they're going to win a few games. #1 pick still a real possibility.

Didn't look too rusty when he completed 72% of his passes last week.

Just now, BigO said:

I'm not getting carried away. I'm taking it for what it was. A great win at home where both units looked very good. It was a dominant win against a division rival who made the playoffs last year, and has a QB whose had legit NFL success. That's all. I'm not under the impression that this is going to catapult the Jets to a great season or anything. 

1 minute ago, Spoot-Face said:

Those teams without a franchise QB or strong enough team around them to support a mere competent QB?

Yes, if they know what's good for them.

Sure whatever you say. So every 7-9, 8-8 team with less than a franchise QB should just tank the season in hopes of getting the 1st or 2nd pick. Yea, ok. 

Archived