Game thoughts

UnitedWhofans

Probably the best overall game the Jets have played since 2015. They were great on both sides of the ball. 

Once again Jamal Adams shows you why he went in the top ten as a safety. He is going to be a great one. 

Robby Anderson showing his worth as well with a long TD grab

And it's interesting that I, as I figured, would see whining threads about winning. The Jets could still go 1-15 so those are bullsh*t to me.

McCown has been solid so far. Decisive, throws the long ball, good leader, and not many bonehead mistakes. I don't have to watch while cringing. Kearse and Kerley were 2 good gets. Solid. Nice seeing Kerley back and not bobbling the ball like everyone else. Young receiving corp looking good! ASJ is an actual tight end. Nice to see Demario back too, which is surprising to say. Maye's name never gets mentioned which is sweet. I am used to watching our safeties get burned. Adams finally arrived today. Forte needs to kick rocks, hes taking snaps from Bilal. Dozier, the 8th year project finally saw some real extensive time and he didn't completely suck like Wayne Hunter! Our D Line isn't good. 

3 minutes ago, pointman said:

McCown has been solid so far. Decisive, throws the long ball, good leader, and not many bonehead mistakes. I don't have to watch while cringing. Kearse and Kerley were 2 good gets. Solid. Nice seeing Kerley back and not bobbling the ball like everyone else. Young receiving corp looking good! ASJ is an actual tight end. Nice to see Demario back too, which is surprising to say. Maye's name never gets mentioned which is sweet. I am used to watching our safeties get burned. Adams finally arrived today. Forte needs to kick rocks, hes taking snaps from Bilal. Dozier, the 8th year project finally saw some real extensive time and he didn't completely suck like Wayne Hunter! Our D Line isn't good. 

Dozier started a couple of games last year and played just fine.

Shell really settled in after a bad start.

he handled Khalil Mack a little better but he did his thing today.

Terrence Brooks 2 interceptions and just got here via Dex. McDougle trade. Nice pick up.

Adams...words can't explain what he will mean to this defense not only this year but years to come. 

Maye played solid as usual. Didn't get burned. Didn't miss tackles. Played steady.

Kearse continued to play well.

Knew Robbie would eventually get his long TD play that he's known for. He gets so much separation considering his frame. Love me some RA..should see more of that when the opportunity presents itself.

Defense was absolutely LIGHTS OUT as a collective unit. We let Miami over that 50 yard line TWICE ALL GAME. Think about that . All game. Held their "star HB" to 11 yards. None of their supremely talented wide outs made a sh*t difference or did anything good. It was absolutely awesome to see that type of containment.

McCown again did a solid job not turning the ball over and surprisingly did a little more today than usual. When you combine being careful with the ball and intelligently taking your shots..you get these results. Won't happen every game for Josh but nice work. 

Really love that McGuire pick. that kid can MOVE. I want to see more and more of him and it looks like the coaches do too. Can he be our feature back tho? Can he develop into a 3 down work horse?

Linebackers didn't screw up at all today. Davis had close to 10 tackles and they never folded in coverage which was a HUGE surprise. 

Corners stayed on their toes and aware all game. They're the reason Stills, Parker and Landry were held to barely any yardage. They werent flashy by any means but they did the dirty work today. 

Young players did outstanding..vets did outstanding. Really don't have a single negative thing to say. Haven't seen this good of an overal performance in a very long time.

I absolutely love this move, saves a roster spot and shows we've got a good talent evaluator be in Mac or Morton or Bowles or all three.  

DL/FB Lawrence Thomas- Thomas opened some eyes when he came out early on as a blocking fullback and even more so later in the game when Josh McCown hit him for a fifteen yard catch and run that Thomas appeared to have a shot at taking the distance. Playing fullback wasn’t exactly new to Thomas who was recruited to Michigan State at the position and played there as a freshman, as we mentioned here, when he was initially signed as an undrafted free agent.

Just a beautiful day, w/ all the controversy they handled it perfect then they were prepared, focused and fought to win a game against a more talented team.  I have been very critical of Bowles but he and his staff did an outstanding job, I hope we see more of this.  I just want to see them fight every week and the D finally showed some fight.

They played well. No glaring mistakes and they executed. What can you say? Are they going to the Super Bowl? No. Are they going to the playoffs? No. This was a good day and this is exactly what most wanted. Young players evolving and improving. Do I think that they are a team that will win more than 4 games? Not with their schedule coming up. I like what I see so far but lets not get carried away and expect too much too soon. Keep expectations on an even keel and know that these young guys will show flashes of good play and bad play. Will they make mistakes? Yes. Will they look bad? Yes. Every snap these younger guys take is invaluable to the future development of this team. I love that they beat the fish. Absolutely love it. Now turn the page and get ready for the next one.

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

I will be fair. This might have been the best overall game Todd Bowles coached in his Jets career. He had this team ready to go. Have to give him credit

Only mistake he made was challenging a catch by the Dolphins early in the 1st quarter and the decision to challenge could have come from in the booth. 

Ive been very hard on Bowles but yesterday he coached a great game. I know 1 game doesn't make a season or career. But he deserves credit for yesterday. 

22 hours ago, JetFaninMI said:

They played well. No glaring mistakes and they executed. What can you say? Are they going to the Super Bowl? No. Are they going to the playoffs? No. This was a good day and this is exactly what most wanted. Young players evolving and improving. Do I think that they are a team that will win more than 4 games? Not with their schedule coming up. I like what I see so far but lets not get carried away and expect too much too soon. Keep expectations on an even keel and know that these young guys will show flashes of good play and bad play. Will they make mistakes? Yes. Will they look bad? Yes. Every snap these younger guys take is invaluable to the future development of this team. I love that they beat the fish. Absolutely love it. Now turn the page and get ready for the next one.

Yes turn the page because half this team won't even be on this roster next year. 

12 minutes ago, JetFaninMI said:

You really don't know that. Maybe you should just wait until they play more than 3 games before you make that assumption.

History looks like it will repeat itself.  2015 -Fitz plays out of his mind and the team over achieves.  Good story but no playoffs.  Then since we didn't properly address the QB spot, we are forced to give Fitz an appropriate contract for a starting QB.

Year two, team plays closer to their ability and sucks.

Year three, bring in McCown at a back up salary.  Give him some crazy per game bonus.  So far he is playing out of his mind.  Team has already over achieved.  

So the problem now lies in what the hell has this FO learned.  Absolutely nothing.  Elite QBs are going to be available near the top of this draft.  Since we will likely be picking outside the top of the draft, we will likely miss out on the star QB prospects.  

We go into year 4, still not appropriately handling the QB spot and have to bring back McCown as our starter.  Probably at a much higher salary.  And then the team comes back to earth and sucks.  But unfortunately, the 2019 draft doesn't appear to be anything close to what the 2018 draft will be.  

Wash, rinse, repeat.

When will the fans say enough is enough.  This is bull**** how this organization ignores the most important position every year.  There is no stability when your starting QB has played for a dozen other teams and is on a one year contract.  Any minor success you have is ALWAYS short term.  And followed by what is deserved, another losing season.

30 minutes ago, Pcola said:

History looks like it will repeat itself.  2015 -Fitz plays out of his mind and the team over achieves.  Good story but no playoffs.  Then since we didn't properly address the QB spot, we are forced to give Fitz an appropriate contract for a starting QB.

Year three, bring in McCown at a back up salary.  Give him some crazy per game bonus.  So far he is playing out of his mind.  Team has already over achieved.  

So the problem now lies in what the hell has this FO learned.  Absolutely nothing.  Elite QBs are going to be available near the top of this draft.  Since we will likely be picking outside the top of the draft, we will likely miss out on the star QB prospects.  

We go into year 4, still not appropriately handling the QB spot and have to bring back McCown as our starter.  Probably at a much higher salary.  And then the team comes back to earth and sucks.  But unfortunately, the 2019 draft doesn't appear to be anything close to what the 2018 draft will be.  

Wash, rinse, repeat.

When will the fans say enough is enough.  This is bull**** how this organization ignores the most important position every year.  There is no stability when your starting QB has played for a dozen other teams and is on a one year contract.  Any minor success you have is ALWAYS short term.  And followed by what is deserved, another losing season.

LOL. TELL US HOW YOU REALLY FEEL.

31 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

mccown will not be on this team starting next year. zero chance. that would just be bowles and mac asking to be fired. 

30 minutes ago, Pcola said:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

"WOW" .

On 9/25/2017 at 7:19 AM, Super Bowl before I die said:

Now  I know why Cutler was going to take a job in the TV booth . He blows !!!!

i don't know that cutler blows it.  to me the doltfins stayed with their run game far too long.  no telling if the jets could've kept up a good pass rush.  the playmakers on the doltfins were silent.  landry was nearly non existent. the thing is cutler is an average qb.

1 hour ago, Pcola said:

Wash, rinse, repeat.

a little too early to connect these dots together. it may well be that mccown is on the roster next season but i suspect the eventual starter will be hack/petty or someone else. regardless of this season's outcome, they will still not have their much vaunted franchise qb starting game 1 next season unless it's petty or hack. assuming they draft a darnold, he will not be ready at game one so there will need to be a qb to fill in the gap.

at this point people should be happy with what mccown's brought but at the same time he's keeping the younger guys on the bench.  valid for winning games? sure but it does little to see what the future may bring.

Archived