Idiot Macagnon filled this team up with vets like Mccown and Kearse that will cost us a franchise QB.

Jetsbb

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Say we get the number one overall pick and we pick the wrong guy. Then short term gratification is better or on the flip side what if the best guy in the draft falls in our lap with the number 6 overall? Wouldn't that bring long-term gratification without having to put the team down for playing well?

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Yes. If we get the #1 pick and that player ends up another bust, the first thing that's gonna go through my mind is, "Boy... don't I feel the fool we didn't win a few more games back in 2017. THAT would make me feel better right about now!"

And, yes. Because hoping that the best QB just falls into your lap is the picture perfect plan for success.

#Realfans

• Replies 100
  • Created
  • Last Reply
3 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

Is it a long shot? There are like 5 or 6 qbs who are draft eligible someone could make an argument for that they could be a blue chip prospect obviously not all of them will pan out but you don't need the number one overall pick to draft a good prospect.

No but I'll take it over a 6 or 8 pick. That's why there's an order. 

Yes. If we get the #1 pick and that player ends up another bust, the first thing that's gonna go through my mind is, "Boy... don't I feel the fool we didn't win a few more games back in 2017. THAT would make me feel better right about now!"
And, yes. Because hoping that the best QB just falls into your lap is the picture perfect plan for success.
#Realfans

You would rather hope to lose every game and hope you pick the right one? Next season do you hope we lose every game for the best offensive tackle then lose out for a wr so he has someone to throw the ball to?

I mean I'd like a top draft pick too and I hate that McCown is playing BUT..

Our o-line, made up of young players looks good. Our rookie safeties look good. Adams looks like he's gonna be the man for years but remember how many long passes we gave up last year? Maye has put a stop to that. Our 3rd running back - a rookie- is good. Anderson, Stewart and Kearse all show something and they might be our 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers next year. 

So yeah winning is bittersweet but winning on the shoulders of an increasingly good young o-line, skill players and a secondary is pretty nice.

12 minutes ago, BigO said:

Really?  Here's a 10 million signing bonus, another 20-30 mill in advertising ads in the greatest city in the world and a chance to resurrect a franchise made famous by Joe Namath. Or stay in school making $12 bucks an hour and risk losing it all on a college field to win a dozen roses. Hmmm hard decision. 

Being BMOC at USC with a $2,000,000 insurance policy and taking a shot you get drafted by a team that knows how to develop a QB with decent weather with lower taxes and cost of living is a risk worth taking. 

The big media market is a myth, cam newton has national deals 

This franchise has not shown any ability to be patient and develop anything 

Google USC campus and USC coeds

Tell me you would be in a rush for new jersey 

15 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The Chargers? You mean the team that had rumors started that they are moving back to San Diego?

I get that we've been pretty pathetic, but this is New York ******* City. If Darnold--or any QB--came here and made it, then he would be bigger than ANY QB west of the Mississippi! Coming here would certainly be a challenge, but the payoff for success would be monumental.

San Diego, what a bad break that would be

1 minute ago, Larz said:

Being BMOC at USC with a $2,000,000 insurance policy and taking a shot you get drafted by a team that knows how to develop a QB with decent weather with lower taxes and cost of living is a risk worth taking. 

The big media market is a myth, cam newton has national deals 

This franchise has not shown any ability to be patient and develop anything 

Google USC campus and USC coeds

Tell me you would be in a rush for new jersey 

3 words...New York City 

5 minutes ago, bealeb319 said:

You would rather hope to lose every game and hope you pick the right one? Next season do you hope we lose every game for the best offensive tackle then lose out for a wr so he has someone to throw the ball to?

I hope that we are in the best position possible come next draft, because on that day, when the Jets are on the clock, the last thing I'll be thinking of is that time we beat a terrible Dolphins team headed by a QB who should've stayed retired.

6 minutes ago, kdels62 said:

I mean I'd like a top draft pick too and I hate that McCown is playing BUT..

Our o-line, made up of young players looks good. Our rookie safeties look good. Adams looks like he's gonna be the man for years but remember how many long passes we gave up last year? Maye has put a stop to that. Our 3rd running back - a rookie- is good. Anderson, Stewart and Kearse all show something and they might be our 3rd, 4th and 5th receivers next year. 

So yeah winning is bittersweet but winning on the shoulders of an increasingly good young o-line, skill players and a secondary is pretty nice.

^^This is an appropriate reaction. He acknowledged the positivity surrounding the young players, while agreeing that a top draft pick is still very important.

Nowhere in there did he call the people who want a higher pick "losers" or "whiners" or "not real fans".

Learn from this man, people.

19 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

The Chargers? You mean the team that had rumors started that they are moving back to San Diego?

I get that we've been pretty pathetic, but this is New York ******* City. If Darnold--or any QB--came here and made it, then he would be bigger than ANY QB west of the Mississippi! Coming here would certainly be a challenge, but the payoff for success would be monumental.

DUH somebody gets it. I'm so thrilled I bought the sponge brick to throw at my monitor when I'm on this board. Its saved me thousands.

1 hour ago, Jetsbb said:

You don't start over playing veterans that will get you just enough wins to take you out of contention for a franchise QB. This idiotic GM is clueless on how to develop a winning team. Who cares that Mccown is an above avg QB that does not help us in the least. Fair weather Jets fans are now happy this team will go 5-11 have the 8th pick in the draft with no future.

AGREED

20 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

#Realfans

yea, #Realfans that actually root for the team to loose every game this year. I guess I'm not a real fan then. Thanks for the definition. 

2 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

yea, #Realfans that actually root for the team to loose every game this year. I guess I'm not a real fan then. Thanks for the definition. 

Wasn't calling you not a real fan personally. Just pointing out that that label has been thrown around a lot recently, especially at people who simply want to see more from this team than a mediocre seasons with a handful of "happy" wins.

7 minutes ago, Spoot-Face said:

My point was that they don't seem to know where they want the team. Nothing to do with the city itself.

my point is he has a choice

if the jets are a joke, he is more than likely to take a hard pass

he would probaby come out for a dome team or any warm weather team

sure, he could go from the jets to the browns or billls, but he could also wind up on the 9ers or a number of better options

I would be fully on board for this kid except he has options

Going 1-15 and that one win being against the Fins is glorious for longtime Jet fans.

There's not problem having a vet QB and vet WR on this team.  Macc had slots to fill.  Today's win was about the Fins not showing up.  That's on them, not the Jets.  If the Fins came to play they would've won.

1 minute ago, Larz said:

my point is he has a choice

if the jets are a joke, he is more than likely to take a hard pass

he would probaby come out for a dome team or any warm weather team

sure, he could go from the jets to the browns or billls, but he could also wind up on the 9ers or a number of better options

I would be fully on board for this kid except he has options

And my point is that he's an idiot if he doesn't declare for the draft simply because he doesn't want to play for New York.

People call Bowles and idiot and a clown now and he is actually trying to win games!!  What would guys out here call Bowles if he were putting his personnel in positions not to be successful and do well???

Coaches who loses games on purpose at the beginning of the season or when they are obvious about it aren't coaches for long; just go ask Lovie Smith how is losing games on purpose worked out?

Now losing games on purpose is much different than putting in Petty right now or never having brought McCown here.  Those are two different things.

But asking Bowles to literally tank a game by essentially sabotaging his own team is not something a HC will voluntarily do in the 3rd game of the season. 

Hahah oh man. The whining. 

STOP! This is how you build a winning team. Through a couple years of drafting and solid FA signings and trades.

Look; the Jets could lose every other game by 50 points going forward... But they at least showed they have a shimmer of a young nucleus to build around. That's what you want!

2 hours ago, Jetsbb said:

You don't start over playing veterans that will get you just enough wins to take you out of contention for a franchise QB. This idiotic GM is clueless on how to develop a winning team. Who cares that Mccown is an above avg QB that does not help us in the least. Fair weather Jets fans are now happy this team will go 5-11 have the 8th pick in the draft with no future.

Have you not figured out that the circus never leaves town with this org.

Archived