#33 Adams is a stud in the making

johnnyjet

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Embrace the Suck said:

Not really. It's week 3 his rookie season. It isn't like he's a raw athlete starting to shine in his second or third season. Adams is just a stud like everyone said. Does that really count as developing a guy? 

Adams was not the player I was referring to, there are many other players on the team that posters pointed out to in this thread that played well and we shouldn't ignore that.  

It is simple, why can't people say when Bowles leads the team well?  Why is that so hard?

Bowles may be as dry as burnt toast as times; but he isn't embarrassing the Jets organization or having incidents where players are insulting female reporters and so on?

If he sucks we should call him out and if he does well we should praise him; that is all..

20 minutes ago, Charlie Brown said:

Adams was not the player I was referring to, there are many other players on the team that posters pointed out to in this thread that played well and we shouldn't ignore that.  

It is simple, why can't people say when Bowles leads the team well?  Why is that so hard?

Bowles may be as dry as burnt toast as times; but he isn't embarrassing the Jets organization or having incidents where players are insulting female reporters and so on?

If he sucks we should call him out and if he does well we should praise him; that is all..

Hmmm I wonder why some have trouble giving Bowles credit....... Haven't heard much of any criticism for MacAdoo's handling of Beckham, and his antics.  No word of firing the Giants HC. Wonder why.......

He just let his emotion get the best of him. This man was more ready for home opener than ANY Jet lol. I keep up with him on Instagram...guy had a post every hour on the hour until he arrived at MetLife lol. He showed out too. Glad he's that excited to play the game. He's a leader though I'm sure he knows now it will hurt the team to do that type of stuff.
Hopefully no enquiries about the location of "da hoes"?

Sent from my XT1068 using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Patriot Killa said:

Funny you say that. This is my comparison. 

9 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Ummmmm I'm not sure that Adams will be Brian Dawkins; that man is on the short list of best safeties of all time, for real.  

The video you posted is scary!!! 

For all those who doubted, this video convinced me back in April. And Yes, B. Dawkins is his floor. 

Jamal Adams: The King of Death Valley. LEADER of MEN.

10 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Also this game begins to put the lie to bed that Bowles isn't capable of developing anyone....

Really?  Everybody said he was ready now at the draft.  Even Bowles said he is exactly what they expected at the draft.  Talk to me about Darron Lee or some of our OL men.  How about our QBs?

2 hours ago, jack48 said:

Really?  Everybody said he was ready now at the draft.  Even Bowles said he is exactly what they expected at the draft.  Talk to me about Darron Lee or some of our OL men.  How about our QBs?

We had Wesley Johnson (FA pick up, one-time 5th round pick), Dakota Dozier (4th Rd Pick 4 years ago) and Brandon Shell (5th round pick last year) on the right side of our line.

Miami had Ndamukong Suh and Cameron Wake.

49 minutes ago, nyjunc said:

This is the guy we will look back on in a few years as the start of the turnaround.  Not only do I think he will become a great player but he will be THE leader of this team, a guy that will do anything to win.  we need more players like this.

Good post. It's getting harder and harder to find guys that are truly excited about playing football for the sake of the game. This kid loves the game and it shows. 

8 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Hmmm I wonder why some have trouble giving Bowles credit....... Haven't heard much of any criticism for MacAdoo's handling of Beckham, and his antics.  No word of firing the Giants HC. Wonder why.......

?

My cousin is a huge Giants fan and said that if McAdoo doesn't address it ASAP they should fire him. 

11 minutes ago, jamesr said:

We had Wesley Johnson (FA pick up, one-time 5th round pick), Dakota Dozier (4th Rd Pick 4 years ago) and Brandon Shell (5th round pick last year) on the right side of our line.

Who is this supposed to be supporting?  In 3 years, they added 1 4th round pick and could not upgrade 2 replacement level players from the last regime. As much of that O-line is Idzik as it is Maccagnan. 

The difference with a player with the ability of Adams vs a player that needs development is even if Bowles sucks at developing players Adams is already there. Bowles isn't going to have a detrimental effect on him because he's developed...he's that good. He just needs to focus on bettering himself in the jets system and that looks like it will be easy for him. He's looking all pro early in his career. Just wait till 3/4 of the way into the season. Enjoy the ride.

Sent from my Moto Z using JetNation.com mobile app

Adams was great yesterday. The PD was exactly the kind of play you need from a safety taken at 6, and the kind of play I wasn't sure he could make. I also loved loved loved him sh*t-talking Cutler after the sack. That said, Deshaun Watson gave his team a lead over the Pats in Foxboro with 2+ minutes left in his 2nd career start. Adams can become the best safety in the league, but if Watson (or Mahomes) turns into a franchise guy, it's still a disaster.

1 minute ago, UnitedWhofans said:

The Giants took Ereck Flowers in the Top Ten. 

This could be the dumbest post I have ever read.  It is supposed to be making a point which it does not really support.  Why do I give a **** what the Giants did?  Maccagnan took over a Jets team with an aging line.  He has had 3 off-seasons to try to improve - that is 3 drafts, 3 free agency periods and 3 mini-drafts.  As currently constructed, the team has:

3 guards:  Winters, Dozier and Carpenter.  2 Idzik draft picks and a FA. 

4 tackles: Beachum, Shell, Ijalana and Qvale.  One FA, 1 draft pick and 2 Idzik mini-draftees

2 centers: Johnson and Harrison.  1 Idzik mini-draftee and a FA.

If you think that you can build the line by using mid-round picks and lower tiered free agents, that is cool.  OTOH, he has not upgraded the talent on the bottom of the depth chart.  I do not really see a sustainable plan in giving 2nd (and 3rd!) contracts to mini-draft guys.  When the Jets give Dozier and Johnson a combined $10M for next season I am going to be pissed.  

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

This could be the dumbest post I have ever read.  It is supposed to be making a point which it does not really support.  Why do I give a **** what the Giants did?  Maccagnan took over a Jets team with an aging line.  He has had 3 off-seasons to try to improve - that is 3 drafts, 3 free agency periods and 3 mini-drafts.  As currently constructed, the team has:

3 guards:  Winters, Dozier and Carpenter.  2 Idzik draft picks and a FA. 

4 tackles: Beachum, Shell, Ijalana and Qvale.  One FA, 1 draft pick and 2 Idzik mini-draftees

2 centers: Johnson and Harrison.  1 Idzik mini-draftee and a FA.

If you think that you can build the line by using mid-round picks and lower tiered free agents, that is cool.  OTOH, he has not upgraded the talent on the bottom of the depth chart.  I do not really see a sustainable plan in giving 2nd (and 3rd!) contracts to mini-draft guys.  When the Jets give Dozier and Johnson a combined $10M for next season I am going to be pissed.  

Dozier started at RG yesterday right?

So the line yesterday was Dozier, Johnson, Beachum, Shell, Carpenter. 4 of those players were brought in by Maccagnan. So tell me again how they did not upgrade teh OL

Love the Bowles haters. Positives on the team and he had nothing to do with it, or the positives are there in spite of him. Negatives, and its all Bowles fault. Its childish.

The biggest reason I can't get on board with the tank narrative is I believe strongly, Bowles is the best coach for the Jets and this rebuild. All the retreads and first timers don't make any sense.

7 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

Dozier started at RG yesterday right?

So the line yesterday was Dozier, Johnson, Beachum, Shell, Carpenter. 4 of those players were brought in by Maccagnan. So tell me again how they did not upgrade teh OL

False. 

Um... dude if you could read the post above yours you would realize that is wrong.  I ******* laid out literally EVERY player on the current O-line.  Dozier was drafted in 2014. Johnson was a waiver claim from the Steelers in 2014.  Winters was a drafted in 2013.  Quick, who was GM in 2013 and 2014?

To get back on topic, Adams did look good yesterday.  I don't know why people think I am saying he will not be a good player.  I think he will be good and good for years.  Doesn't really change my feelings about the pick much.

Just now, #27TheDominator said:

False. 

Um... dude if you could read the post above yours you would realize that is wrong.  I ******* laid out literally EVERY player on the current O-line.  Dozier was drafted in 2014. Johnson was a waiver claim from the Steelers in 2014.  Winters was a drafted in 2013.  Quick, who was GM in 2013 and 2014?

WInters didn't play yesterday. If Dozier was drafted by IDzik, Im mistaken. So 3-2 players brought in by Maccagnan

Just now, UnitedWhofans said:

WInters didn't play yesterday. If Dozier was drafted by IDzik, Im mistaken. So 3-2 players brought in by Maccagnan

1.  You're mistaken

2. Bringing in players isn't upgrading.  Carpenter was an upgrade over Colon.  I don't see how any of these other guys was an "upgrade."  3 of the guys he replaced are basically retired.  That happens in the NFL, a GM should be prepared.

3.  This is an Adams thread.  Revel in his good game and forget the O-line.  

9 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

For all those who doubted, this video convinced me back in April. And Yes, B. Dawkins is his floor. 

Jamal Adams: The King of Death Valley. LEADER of MEN.

Let's not get carried away bro, Brian Dawkins is one of the best Safties of all time, saying that's his floor is so insulting to Dawkins, if Adams is half the player Dawkins was we got a good one.

2 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

Let's not get carried away bro, Brian Dawkins is one of the best Safties of all time, saying that's his floor is so insulting to Dawkins, if Adams is half the player Dawkins was we got a good one.

Prepare to eat your words "Bro." It's only an insult because YOU perceive it so? Yeah ok.:rolleyes:

I STAND by my statement. Too bad your fandom won't allow you to accept it. 

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

Prepare to eat your words "Bro." It's only an insult because YOU perceive it so? Yeah ok.:rolleyes:

I STAND by my statement. Too bad your fandom won't allow you to accept it. 

My statement was not a knock on Adams, I love Adams the player, (hate Adams the 6th overall pick, but that's not his fault) Adams will be a pro bowler, probably an all pro in his career, but Dawkins is First team All Pro in my book paired with Ed Reed the last 30 years.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

My statement was not a knock on Adams, I love Adams the player, (hate Adams the 6th overall pick, but that's not his fault) Adams will be a pro bowler, probably an all pro in his career, but Dawkins is First team All Pro in my book paired with Ed Reed the last 30 years.

You are entitled to your opinion. Dawkins, Reed, Atwater, Lott, Victor Green in the Box, & Aeneas Williams are all GREAT safties that I have seen in my lifetime and I believe Adams will eventually stand among them,  if not surpass them when it is ALL SAID and DONE. 

15 hours ago, Copernicus said:

Christ, give it a rest with the insinuations on a regular basis whenever someone questions Bowles' ability. I have no problem giving Bowles credit for moving Adams around like a chess piece for instance. I saw Adams' snap breakdown in another post which doesn't speak to development, but rather usage. Oh, by the way.... Was I wrong? Was Adams not regarded as a stud already? Was Adams a raw athlete that Bowles took in his rookie offseason and then developed into a stud in a few short weeks? I don't watch Giants games nor do I care about their team. Is there something about Bowles that prohibits you from accepting that he isn't perfect and people will comment on what they see?

7 hours ago, jamesr said:

Personally i thin Suh is a big fake.  All bluster

Archived