#33 Adams is a stud in the making

johnnyjet

16 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Adams was not the player I was referring to, there are many other players on the team that posters pointed out to in this thread that played well and we shouldn't ignore that.  

It is simple, why can't people say when Bowles leads the team well?  Why is that so hard?

Bowles may be as dry as burnt toast as times; but he isn't embarrassing the Jets organization or having incidents where players are insulting female reporters and so on?

If he sucks we should call him out and if he does well we should praise him; that is all..

1 - I like that he isn't a media whore like Rex was. Rex was an embarrassment his act got old very very quick.

2- The team played infinitely better than it had the past two weeks better, and no it didn't happen in spite of him. It happened because he did his job. Good job Todd. I guess we get platinum trophies for doing our job now? I'm guessing you're under 30.

3- I believe what I quoted was with regard to player development. Not everything coach Bowles. 

4- Just so you can feel assured and sleep well tonight. Coach Bowles did a good job preparing the team last week. Hopefully it keeps up against good teams, that means not getting blown out (I don't expect road wins against elite teams as we don't have the roster, which isn't his fault, to do that regularly). Keep it up coach. When I start seeing young players not drafted at 6 overall who were regarded as the best players in the entire draft growing (particularly on D) I'll have no problem giving Coach Bowles credit for developing players.

5- With regard to the bold section in the quote above. You did not name anyone and the thread is about Adams. I made an assumption based on the information available. Who were you talking about? 

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anybody who didn't see this coming didn't pay attention to Adams in college and throughout the draft process. This kid has legitimate HOF potential, right out of the box. It's a sin that he fell to us at 6. He is the face of the Jets until he retires.

As we ushered Harris & Revis out on defense, it is really nice to know that we have our defensive bookends for the next decade in Williams & Adams. Now we just need to get that offense going..........

5 minutes ago, BigRy56 said:

Anybody who didn't see this coming didn't pay attention to Adams in college and throughout the draft process. This kid has legitimate HOF potential, right out of the box. It's a sin that he fell to us at 6. He is the face of the Jets until he retires.

As we ushered Harris & Revis out on defense, it is really nice to know that we have our defensive bookends for the next decade in Williams & Adams. Now we just need to get that offense going..........

Could not have been said ANY better. 

You Sir, knocked it out of the park with that post:

061117_judge_homerun_med_2ltpwjv2.gif

8 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

Who is this supposed to be supporting?  In 3 years, they added 1 4th round pick and could not upgrade 2 replacement level players from the last regime. As much of that O-line is Idzik as it is Maccagnan. 

This was aimed at supporting Bowles ... the question posed was along the lines of "Adams wan't developed, he was great to start with, show me where some lesser guys were made into better players" - with OL being a particular call out.

I was replying to point out that a right hand side of an O line made up of low draft picks and cast-offs did a damned good job against two premier defensive players.

2 hours ago, Embrace the Suck said:

1 - I like that he isn't a media whore like Rex was. Rex was an embarrassment his act got old very very quick.

2- The team played infinitely better than it had the past two weeks better, and no it didn't happen in spite of him. It happened because he did his job. Good job Todd. I guess we get platinum trophies for doing our job now? I'm guessing you're under 30.

3- I believe what I quoted was with regard to player development. Not everything coach Bowles. 

4- Just so you can feel assured and sleep well tonight. Coach Bowles did a good job preparing the team last week. Hopefully it keeps up against good teams, that means not getting blown out (I don't expect road wins against elite teams as we don't have the roster, which isn't his fault, to do that regularly). Keep it up coach. When I start seeing young players not drafted at 6 overall who were regarded as the best players in the entire draft growing (particularly on D) I'll have no problem giving Coach Bowles credit for developing players.

5- With regard to the bold section in the quote above. You did not name anyone and the thread is about Adams. I made an assumption based on the information available. Who were you talking about? 

You are right there wasn't any other mention of other players in this thread.  I thought there was but my response was as I said for the team of essentially young players doing what they did was impressive and that is a reflection of coaching.  Here is an article Adams is mentioned but there are others.  (This was originally posted by KRL elsewhere)

http://www.espn.com/blog/new-york-jets/post/_/id/71559/rookie-jamal-adams-here-there-and-everywhere-in-jets-win

3 hours ago, Beerfish said:

He looks good is only going to get better, safeties don't make your team a winner unless the rest of the D is stacked.  A safety at 6 overall better be a perennial probowler in about year 2 to 3.

I think he will be in year 2 or 3. His passion, instincts, IQ, vision and leadership translate to the pro game in effortless fashion. Want to know something else? I think he's a better pick than Leo. Both picked same spot different year. His passion is unmatched.

20 hours ago, Charlie Brown said:

Adams was not the player I was referring to, there are many other players on the team that posters pointed out to in this thread that played well and we shouldn't ignore that.  

It is simple, why can't people say when Bowles leads the team well?  Why is that so hard?

Bowles may be as dry as burnt toast as times; but he isn't embarrassing the Jets organization or having incidents where players are insulting female reporters and so on?

If he sucks we should call him out and if he does well we should praise him; that is all..

Agreed, except didn't IK punch Geno on Bowles watch?

22 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Agreed, except didn't IK punch Geno on Bowles watch?

Yes and that wasn't a good thing....

The team played well yesterday and the team is seemingly more disciplined now that certain guys are gone but that punching incident happened on Bowles watch and he has to own it....

Indeed I have been very very tough on Bowles and I believe rightly so, but if the team looks good, it looks good and you have to give the credit if he is in charge.

Archived