Smash's Positive/Negatives Week 3

Smashmouth

WOW I have not seen this much dominance from this team in a long time.

We crushed a playoff caliber team in every single phase of the game. I mean is the worst team in football supposed to play that well ? Sure Cutler sucks but we also shut their running game completely down and were very impressive. M<y God why has Miami not switched to Matt Moore ? Gase is a moron for that decision alone since Moore already knows the offense. Sure pick up Cutler but let him play Behind Moore until he learns something and put him in if Moore sh*ts the bed. Dumb coaching still running wild in the NFL 

Positives

1. My god did the LB's and DeMario Davis come to play today or what ? They were very good. Why the Dolphins did not attack them much in the short passing game was a mystery but the safeties were up to help so there's that. Good coaching adjustment. I'm sure there was plenty of tackling of Dummies during the week.

2. Roberts and Brooks made some really nice plays today Roberts looked like he was all over the field in pass coverage. The entire secondary looked good due to pressure up front

3. The D-line did their jobs and applied pressure 

4. The running game looked good vs a stout front 7 our Oline wore their asses out early and kept it up.

5. The defensive coaches did their jobs today and I looks like Kevin Green really fired up his LB's

6. McCown played very well today made some really nicer passes in tough windows. 

7. With a new offense and A lot of new young defensive players it could be things are starting to click for these guys we will only know for sure in the coming weeks and Jacksonville will be a tough test next week for sure since they are playing well.

8. Loved the bomb to Robbie Anderson following the Horrible call on Bilial Powells long run great call by Morton.

8. ST coverage was good again. Kerley still sucks

Negatives 

1. A Dumb Penalty by Adams but he will learn from it so good that sh*t happens with a 20-0 lead.

2. Todd Bowles Challenge made me want to choke him through the TV at that stage of the game you DONT make that challenge EVER.

This is about todays game guys ...the team played fantastic and young team at that ...at least give them some credit. Im very excited about the young kids on this team emerging

Everyone should be very excited about what we saw from the young kids this week. If every week looked like this week did we are not far off from being competitive.

Sent from my LGUS991 using JetNation.com mobile app

Positives : really enjoyed a win early in the season when it's going to be a gloomy season.
-young guys stepped up and like to see the growth of the young bucks
- probably only win 2-3 more games at most. 2-14 still a shot at top 2 picks
Negatives - i want to see Lee dominate with his speed , hasn't really happened yet

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

10 hours ago, Smashmouth said:

WOW I have not seen this much dominance from this team in a long time.

We crushed a playoff caliber team in every single phase of the game. I mean is the worst team in football supposed to play that well ? Sure Cutler sucks but we also shut their running game completely down and were very impressive. M<y God why has Miami not switched to Matt Moore ? Gase is a moron for that decision alone since Moore already knows the offense. Sure pick up Cutler but let him play Behind Moore until he learns something and put him in if Moore sh*ts the bed. Dumb coaching still running wild in the NFL 

Positives

1. My god did the LB's and DeMario Davis come to play today or what ? They were very good. Why the Dolphins did not attack them much in the short passing game was a mystery but the safeties were up to help so there's that. Good coaching adjustment. I'm sure there was plenty of tackling of Dummies during the week.

2. Roberts and Brooks made some really nice plays today Roberts looked like he was all over the field in pass coverage. The entire secondary looked good due to pressure up front

3. The D-line did their jobs and applied pressure 

4. The running game looked good vs a stout front 7 our Oline wore their asses out early and kept it up.

5. The defensive coaches did their jobs today and I looks like Kevin Green really fired up his LB's

6. McCown played very well today made some really nicer passes in tough windows. 

7. With a new offense and A lot of new young defensive players it could be things are starting to click for these guys we will only know for sure in the coming weeks and Jacksonville will be a tough test next week for sure since they are playing well.

8. Loved the bomb to Robbie Anderson following the Horrible call on Bilial Powells long run great call by Morton.

8. ST coverage was good again. Kerley still sucks

Negatives 

1. A Dumb Penalty by Adams but he will learn from it so good that sh*t happens with a 20-0 lead.

2. Todd Bowles Challenge made me want to choke him through the TV at that stage of the game you DONT make that challenge EVER.

good points all.  although that pass was incomplete.  the ball was on the ground before the player had control.  the players hand was not between the ball and the ground.  i guess you can debate the whole tossing the red flag but the pass was incomplete and gave the doltfins a first down.

the other thing were the large number of penalties being called. no way johnson should've gotten called for the hold on powell's run.  and even the unsportsmanlike conduct on adams at the end was a little ticky tacky.

Cutler is terrible.  He still throws off the wrong foot after all these years.  The guy is not a mechanical marvel.  Could he look like he cares less about playing?  I don't thinks so.  If I was a Dolphin today I would be really pissed at him.  Not saying they deserved to win They did not.

As much as I want a franchise quarterback at any cost... I loved seeing this team dominate yesterday. They played hard, smart, and passionate; the complete antithesis of last year's team.

Game plan was good. Coaches were creative and adaptive. Even in the first two losses, I saw a team that was battling. We may have the makings a true team here.

Now If we can only secure the QB this off season, while everyone develops, and fill in some holes along the way. 

3 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

As much as I want a franchise quarterback at any cost... I loved seeing this team dominate yesterday. They played hard, smart, and passionate; the complete antithesis of the previous two weeks' team.

Game plan was good. Coaches were creative and adaptive. Even in the first two losses, I saw a team that was battling. We may have the makings a true team here.

Now If we can only secure the QB this off season, while everyone develops, and fill in some holes along the way. 

ftfy

4 hours ago, rangerous said:

in all fairness ajayi was trying.  the jets bottled him pretty well and didn't let him get going.  it think the doltfins were exposed.  if they can't run they can't pass.

That was the point I was trying to make, but which maybe didn't come across right. Ajayi - guy who rips off 150 yards for fun. Jets D - group who last two weeks gave up ridiculous yardage on the ground. They sorted their game out, and bottled up a guy who I worried would go for 200+ on us. Credit where it's due.

Archived