The Optimists View

JoJoTownsell1

1- We won. Even though I am pro-tanking, it's always fun to watch your team win a game early in the season

2- Did any of us really want Dolphin fans having a good time in our stadium and leaving the place happy? 

3- If we are stuck with Bowles, it's nice to see that he is competent enough to get these guys ready to play on occasion. 

4- Adams is a real player. He may not be a QB, but you can't have enough Williams/Adams players on your team. Not just really talented, but a smart ball player. He's the anti-calvin pryor. 

5- ASJ is a legit TE.

6- Elijah McGuire is slowly emerging. 

7- Ardarius Stewart has the look of a player ready to explode one of these weeks. It took Robbie Anderson a few weeks to emerge last year and I think Stewart is on the same track. 

8- The offense, in general, is not all that awful (even without a franchise QB). Putting up 12, 20, 20 in the first 3 weeks shows that with a legit franchise QB they could be a good offense. 

Even for us tanking fans:

9- Jags (may be a real team and will likely beat us next week), Bears, Colts and Saints won today. 

10- Of the teams that are win-less, the Giants, Chargers and Bengals are all too talented to not reach 5 wins. And the Niners and Browns look decent enough to scrap together a few wins. 

16 minutes ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

2- Did any of us really want Dolphin fans having a good time in our stadium and leaving the place happy?

I was in Miami on December 29, 2013. That was a good time and I left the place happy. Jets beat the Fins the last game of the season after announcing they were going to keep Rex. The Jets prevented the Dolphins from making the playoffs that day. It was awesome. Lots of Jets fans in the stands, Miami fans very upset, some even crying. Several times I wanted to go up to people crying and ask if I could bottle their tears so I could drink them. Had a blast. Memorable day with dad too.

And then we got stuck drafting Calvin Pryor. So, the Fins pretty much won in the grand scheme of things. Just like they did today.

43 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I was in Miami on December 29, 2013. That was a good time and I left the place happy. Jets beat the Fins the last game of the season after announcing they were going to keep Rex. The Jets prevented the Dolphins from making the playoffs that day. It was awesome. Lots of Jets fans in the stands, Miami fans very upset, some even crying. Several times I wanted to go up to people crying and ask if I could bottle their tears so I could drink them. Had a blast. Memorable day with dad too.

And then we got stuck drafting Calvin Pryor. So, the Fins pretty much won in the grand scheme of things. Just like they did today.

Well the Jets got unstuck when they fired everyone involved with that draft pick.

They could have also just skipped Pryor and drafted either of the next two players that were picked: JaWuan James or Brandin Cooks. That would have been cool.

4 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

1- We won. Even though I am pro-tanking, it's always fun to watch your team win a game early in the season

3- If we are stuck with Bowles, it's nice to see that he is competent enough to get these guys ready to play on occasion. 

4- Adams is a real player. He may not be a QB, but you can't have enough Williams/Adams players on your team. Not just really talented, but a smart ball player. He's the anti-calvin pryor. 

5- ASJ is a legit TE.

6- Elijah McGuire is slowly emerging. 

7- Ardarius Stewart has the look of a player ready to explode one of these weeks. It took Robbie Anderson a few weeks to emerge last year and I think Stewart is on the same track. 

8- The offense, in general, is not all that awful (even without a franchise QB). Putting up 12, 20, 20 in the first 3 weeks shows that with a legit franchise QB they could be a good offense. 

Even for us tanking fans:

9- Jags (may be a real team and will likely beat us next week), Bears, Colts and Saints won today. 

10- Of the teams that are win-less, the Giants, Chargers and Bengals are all too talented to not reach 5 wins. And the Niners and Browns look decent enough to scrap together a few wins. 

Loved that phins fans came out in large numbers to see their team get smoked by a team that's been picked to go winless.

6 hours ago, JoJoTownsell1 said:

Did any of us really want Dolphin fans having a good time in our stadium and leaving the place happy? 

I couldn't believe the amount of Dolphins fans in the building, I expect a lot of opposing fans in the building the rest of the year, but I figured the home opener would keep some of them at bay, BUT it was so awesome not hearing 1 peep from them after the 1st quarter.

27 minutes ago, Lupz27 said:

I couldn't believe the amount of Dolphins fans in the building, I expect a lot of opposing fans in the building the rest of the year, but I figured the home opener would keep some of them at bay, BUT it was so awesome not hearing 1 peep from them after the 1st quarter.

Years ago it was never this bad, I was there to see it first hand.  Way too many season ticket holders selling out to opposing teams fans and way too many seats unsold for sale on the market giving opposing teams fans the opportunity to there. 

1 minute ago, Super Bowl before I die said:

The crowd was horrible for an opener in nice weather . Empty seats everywhere . It was also hot as a son of a biatch sitting in the sun . What until you see the crowds in November and December . It will be brutal !!!!!!!! 

Agree 100% the NY Jets need to revisit decisions on PSL's and the cost of season tickets. 

Yep I was at the game and there were a ton of dolphin fans.  So while I went into the season rooting for the "tank" once I got to the stadium and saw all those obnoxious teal and orange jerseys I was rooting hard for a win.  That's the way I've tried to view this season.  Root for wins but if we lose I'm not going to lose much sleep over it either.

They were overly cocky and confident coming into Metlife yesterday. It was really nice seeing that shut-up especially after the game last year where they had a party in the stadium at our expense. Some people only root for the tank - when ever the Jets play the Fins I want to see Dolphins fans have their fish tank smashed. 

My son and I watched the game enjoying chicken wings at the local sorts bar. Over the years we got to know lots of rival fans. This one couple from Miami we have been watching games 10 years with sat with us. The wife, a very big football fan, lectured me on how tanking takes away from the spirit of the  game before it started. During halftime and at the end of the game she talked about how her granddaughters were adapting to college life. I was relieved they are both doing just ducky. 

Archived