SHAME on Jet fans

kevinc855

• Replies 154
  • Created
  • Last Reply
On September 25, 2017 at 10:00 AM, nyjunc said:

I will never root for my team to lose, if it happens it happens but I won't root for it to happen.  Good organizations will draft well no matter where they draft, bad ones will screw it up no matter where they draft.  I was thrilled w/ our win yesterday and I hope to see many more.  if that costs us a prospect people want then so be it.

Thank you!  There are no guarantees with draft picks, EVER!  The list of failed #1 overall QB picks is considerably longer than the ones who have won Super Bowls. I root for this team to win and have done so for the past 35 years, and I have not seen a college QB yet that will make me feel any different on Sunday, Monday, Thursday or the occasional Saturday that will make me feel any different.  

9 hours ago, SAR I said:Nope.  Not how it works.

Those who buy season tickets 1) are guaranteed a consistent seating location and 2) have the right to decide which games they'll attend.  Those are the two benefits.

The Jets have led the AFC in paid gate and attendance since MetLife Stadium opened, they'll lead the AFC in paid gate and attendance again this year.  The Jets are doing just fine, the stadium is doing just fine, the PSL owners are doing just fine, the season ticket holders are doing just fine, and the Stubhub aftermarket provides deeply discounted tickets to all Jets fans of all ages.  There is no problem here.  The Chicken Little's who said the Jets should have built in Manhattan and that the PSL's would be an epic bust were dead wrong.

Keep your opinions of how people spend their money and their time to yourself.

SAR I

I honestly don't think it is about the monetary expenditure for a large portion of the fan base. Personally speaking and at my age with the technology available, I enjoy the home experience much more than the live game experience. I truly think the owners in the NFL overvalued their live experience when they went the PSL route.  There is just far more competition out there with the rapid advancement of the technological in-home experience then they predicted. It's about value, and I choose to spend my money maximizing my home viewing option rather than making a monetary commitment to exposing myself to the risk of having to deal with the myriad of potential variables that could ruin my live experience. Parking, concessions, lines, toileting, Drunk Neanderthal fans, weather, etc...  Those of us who are older and more experienced may have opted out based on past experience and the increased value of the home viewing option, rather than deal with all that. It's essentially a life choice and doesn't make us any less of a fan. 

28 minutes ago, BloodGreen said:

I honestly don't think it is about the monetary expenditure for a large portion of the fan base. Personally speaking and at my age with the technology available, I enjoy the home experience much more than the live game experience. I truly think the owners in the NFL overvalued their live experience when they went the PSL route.  There is just far more competition out there with the rapid advancement of the technological in-home experience then they predicted. It's about value, and I choose to spend my money maximizing my home viewing option rather than making a monetary commitment to exposing myself to the risk of having to deal with the myriad of potential variables that could ruin my live experience. Parking, concessions, lines, toileting, Drunk Neanderthal fans, weather, etc...  Those of us who are older and more experienced may have opted out based on past experience and the increased value of the home viewing option, rather than deal with all that. It's essentially a life choice and doesn't make us any less of a fan. 

Great post, I agree completely.

So long as the stay home fans keep their opinions on the noise and passion generated by the attending fans to themselves there is no issue here.  Things get uncomfortable when someone like the OP who doesn't make the effort to go to games starts yapping about the lack of noise and butts in the seats.  The sound that's missing is him, the butt that's creating that empty seat is his.  So for him to hold accountable the people who lay out thousands of dollars every April and spend the equivalent of a 7 hour working day going to games to support a team that rarely wins is a complete insult to those whose effort isn't confined to $5 for beer and a 30 second commute to the couch.

SAR I

44 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Great post, I agree completely.

So long as the stay home fans keep their opinions on the noise and passion generated by the attending fans to themselves there is no issue here.  Things get uncomfortable when someone like the OP who doesn't make the effort to go to games starts yapping about the lack of noise and butts in the seats.  The sound that's missing is him, the butt that's creating that empty seat is his.  So for him to hold accountable the people who lay out thousands of dollars every April and spend the equivalent of a 7 hour working day going to games to support a team that rarely wins is a complete insult to those whose effort isn't confined to $5 for beer and a 30 second commute to the couch.

SAR I

The thing that makes zero sense is that Jets fans travel extremely well for away games. The entire reason this is possible is because of season ticket holders for other teams putting their tickets up on resale sites. Jets fans are one of the most guilty parties of taking advantage of the very thing that the unnecessarily angry Internet man is angry about.

13 hours ago, joewilly12 said:

@SAR I I was wrong when we initially had the PSL argument/discussion and for that I owe you an apology. 

I will however standby by comments of diehard Jets fans not being in most seats.

The MEZZ seats are great the TD club was beyond imaginable, the amenities and luxuries available there changes the entire game day experience. 

At 25 years old sitting in the elements and drinking a can of beer and eating a hot dog was ok, but as I'm aging I wouldn't mind a padded seat and place to warm up or cool off and have a real meal the bathrooms were spotless with no lines. 

My 25 year old son is hounding me to buy back in so he and his gf or friends can use the tickets when I have other plans. 

If there were no PSL's id probably buy in tonight, if my daughter didnt rack up $165k in student loans id probably buy tonight. 

Im going to search the alternate PSL sites to see what kinds of deals there are at this current time

The PSL's and the higher price of the seats is part of life you get what you pay for. 

Anyone who has them and can afford them enjoy them. 

You only live once!

Holy Sh*t the world is coming to an end!

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

The thing that makes zero sense is that Jets fans travel extremely well for away games. The entire reason this is possible is because of season ticket holders for other teams putting their tickets up on resale sites. Jets fans are one of the most guilty parties of taking advantage of the very thing that the unnecessarily angry Internet man is angry about.

Perfectly stated. 

And having lived in New England for 14 years and attending the 15 games we played up there in that span, let me tell you there are more Jets fans in Gillette Stadium than there are Patirots fans in MetLife Stadium.  That's a fact.  Jets fans are great, and considering how badly our team has played for the most part, we may be the best in the league from a standpoint of loyalty and willingness to travel.

SAR I

40 minutes ago, SAR I said:

Perfectly stated. 

And having lived in New England for 14 years and attending the 15 games we played up there in that span, let me tell you there are more Jets fans in Gillette Stadium than there are Patirots fans in MetLife Stadium.  That's a fact.  Jets fans are great, and considering how badly our team has played for the most part, we may be the best in the league from a standpoint of loyalty and willingness to travel.

SAR I

When the trophies are brought to you why would you go to what is perceived to be scumbag land, by both sides.

7 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

See you in Tampa?

47 minutes ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I wish man. Hard to justify spending scratch on a road trip this year. I have traveled during some down seasons but this one is too much. 

I hear that.  This will be 8 years in a row with my dad, so not gonna skip that over some sh*tty football team.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:53 AM, kevinc855 said:

You know what, I'm fed up with this fanbase. They want to complain about "lack of effort" "poor coaching" etc etc yet when their supposed team shows up and plays well where were the fans to support them? The lower bowls were nearly empty with 10 minutes to go as we are beating a division rival. From the tv I didn't even hear the J E T S chant after the first kickoff. This team showed up, the fans did not. Way to have a "lack of effort" Jet fans.

May I also say this does not apply to everyone as some TRUE and LOYAL Jet fans still were there making noise in green. Stay true. Screw the Tank Crowd and other whiny Jet fans.

Come o, if was a great beach day bro ?

14 hours ago, RutgersJetFan said:

I also think that there are both more NY transplants in other cities than average, and more transplants from other cities in NY than average.  So you get more Jets fans on road than average team, and more visiting fans at Jets than average team.  

Also, in my experience speaking with fans on bus or train to Jets games, get a fair number of tourists, especially international, who want to go to NFL game, and are in NY so go to Jets game.  

Archived