Jets fans getting a bad rap

Maxman

People have been saying Jets fans aren't dedicated. I have seen comments saying that Jets fans aren't passionate.

The stadium had empty seats on Sunday. More than you want to see for a home opener. But it was 90 degrees out and the rebuild is in full effect. That said the stadium was FILLED with die-hard fans rooting for a win.

The parking lots open at 8am. Here is one of the lines to get in (there are several entrances) around 7:30am. That's right, people lining up to get in. Was nice to see because, as I always say, Jets fans are the best.

IMG_20170924_080301361.jpg

3 hours ago, JetsFanatic said:

Who cares what people say, the J-E-T-S Won! Won! Won!

I agree. It was a great game. But I just wanted to point out how many die-hard fans this team has.

Another thing (and I wish I took a picture of this) is how many people stay and tailgate after the game. We let the parking lot clear out. Cooked again, not sure how long we stayed but security that was directing traffic was long gone.

As we pulled out there were still a lot of families tailgating. Was cool to see.

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

People have been saying Jets fans aren't dedicated. I have seen comments saying that Jets fans aren't passionate.

The stadium had empty seats on Sunday. More than you want to see for a home opener. But it was 90 degrees out and the rebuild is in full effect. That said the stadium was FILLED with die-hard fans rooting for a win.

The parking lots open at 8am. Here is one of the lines to get in (there are several entrances) around 7:30am. That's right, people lining up to get in. Was nice to see because, as I always say, Jets fans are the best.

Taking pictures while driving? People like you make our roads unsafe. I'm forwarding this thread to your State Farm agent. 

As people know, I am in the Tank camp. Lose every game and secure the top pick. Time to come clean. I didn't even know I was gonna go to this game. Sunday morning I saw the post @Jetsfanri made in the tickets forum. He was offering his tix for free. He started the thread on Saturday night around 9 PM but nobody claimed them. So I claimed them Sunday morning around 9:30 AM. Problem was he had 2 tickets. I called two of my friends to take with me. They said they can't make it due to commitments. So I ended up taking up my son. This was his first ever Jets game. I parked my car at Redd's restaurant and took the shuttle. There were a ton of Dolphins fans and some were cocky. 

At that point my blood started to boil. When we got to our seats I saw a lot of Dolphins fans in the stands. They started chanting Let's Go Dolphins before the game and chanted Defense when Jets were on offense. Man I was pissed. I started rooting for the Jets to win like hell. I didn't care about the tank at that point. It was great to see the Jets win and Dolphins fans going home crushed. All in all, a great football experience for my son and I. All made possible by @Jetsfanri. This board has some great posters.   

29 minutes ago, Sperm Edwards said:

Taking pictures while driving? People like you make our roads unsafe. I'm forwarding this thread to your State Farm agent. 

3 hours ago, Maxman said:

All I got from this is that the stadium was half-empty but the parking situation is so egregious you were stuck in a traffic line for 45 minutes anyway 

20 hours ago, ASH1962 said:

Umm... what are those 4 lights in the sky on the top left side of the photo? Are those the vehicles of the football gods arriving to give the Jets fans a win?

the reflections of our esteemed leader's eyes being glazed over by the orgasmic thought of the first Jets 1st home game of the season.

On 9/25/2017 at 4:25 PM, Maxman said:

my observations are that there are lots of impassioned and knowledgeable jets fans on this site and it speaks volumes. i've been waiting nearly 50 years for a repeat of a superbowl.  i have never, ever considered switching teams.

On 9/25/2017 at 8:08 PM, Fibonacci said:

As people know, I am in the Tank camp. Lose every game and secure the top pick. Time to come clean. I didn't even know I was gonna go to this game. Sunday morning I saw the post @Jetsfanri made in the tickets forum. He was offering his tix for free. He started the thread on Saturday night around 9 PM but nobody claimed them. So I claimed them Sunday morning around 9:30 AM. Problem was he had 2 tickets. I called two of my friends to take with me. They said they can't make it due to commitments. So I ended up taking up my son. This was his first ever Jets game. I parked my car at Redd's restaurant and took the shuttle. There were a ton of Dolphins fans and some were cocky. 

At that point my blood started to boil. When we got to our seats I saw a lot of Dolphins fans in the stands. They started chanting Let's Go Dolphins before the game and chanted Defense when Jets were on offense. Man I was pissed. I started rooting for the Jets to win like hell. I didn't care about the tank at that point. It was great to see the Jets win and Dolphins fans going home crushed. All in all, a great football experience for my son and I. All made possible by @Jetsfanri. This board has some great posters.   

So, is take home point here that bringing your son to his 1st football game was option 3?

No matter what happens I will be there for this team. I have been through it all with this team. Still I sit there and watch them game in and game out. For years My Dad and My brothers went to every game at Shea and the Meadowlands. I was there for all the highs and low's and even traveled from Michigan 8 Sundays a season until the PSL bullsh*t put an end to it. Now its Sunday Ticket. At least now I sit and watch the games instead of wearing a path through the media room rug like I did in the early days. No matter what I watch this team. I even sneaked out of my son's Wedding Reception to listen to this team play a meaningless game at the end of the season. Jet Fans not loyal? Jet Fans are the most loyal and knowledgeable fans out there. Its why we get so pissed when we see the sh*tshow on the field that is sometimes NY Jets Football. I get angry because I can't believe what these guys are doing to MY team when the answers are right there for the fans to see but its management and coaches can't or won't see it. This is the curse and blessing of every Jet Fan. Comes with the territory. If you can't deal with it find another team to root for.

1 hour ago, gEYno said:

So, is take home point here that bringing your son to his 1st football game was option 3?

When you put it like that I sound like an awful father. :) But no, really he isn’t into sports at all. He doesn’t play sports and he was bored when I took him to other sporting events. This time he over heard and volunteered and had fun. I am taking him to Jags game and this time we will tailgate. Already got Green parking and waiting to buy the Mezz Club seats. 

This Thread = :rolleyes:  Talk about self-serving back patting.....may as well have titled the thread "We Are So Great!"

Folks outside of New Yawk can see pretty clearly the differences between a Jets Crowd, and the better NFL fanbase Crowds out there.

I know, New Yorkers are special snowflakes (who have to think of themselves as better than everyone else at everything), and they have better things to do (well, of course they do), and aren't they just special.:rolleyes:

Sorry, negrep all you like, Jets Fans as a whole are no better than any other fanbase, and in many ways are worse than quite a few others.  It's not bias or "hate" when the seemingly annual rating of fanbases puts the Jets where they put them (i.e. not at the top).  It's just the truth.  

Whats funny is that folks will read this, and think it's aimed at them personally (another New Yawker sterotype, everything is about them personally). Clearly the folks who post 100 posts a day at a Jets site are "good fans", folks who watch every play, and attend every game, are good fans.

Jet Nation's couple hundred posters =/= the NY Jets Fanbase as a Whole.

Inbeforetheflames!

6 minutes ago, Warfish said:

This Thread = :rolleyes:  Talk about self-serving back patting.....may as well have titled the thread "We Are So Great!"

Folks outside of New Yawk can see pretty clearly the differences between a Jets Crowd, and the better NFL fanbase Crowds out there.

I know, New Yorkers are special snowflakes (who have to think of themselves as better than everyone else at everything), and they have better things to do (well, of course they do), and aren't they just special.:rolleyes:

Sorry, negrep all you like, Jets Fans as a whole are no better than any other fanbase, and in many ways are worse than quite a few others.  It's not bias or "hate" when the seemingly annual rating of fanbases puts the Jets where they put them (i.e. not at the top).  It's just the truth.  

Whats funny is that folks will read this, and think it's aimed at them personally (another New Yawker sterotype, everything is about them personally). Clearly the folks who post 100 posts a day at a Jets site are "good fans", folks who watch every play, and attend every game, are good fans.

Inbeforetheflames!

This is legitimately one of the strangest things anyone has ever posted here

11 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Inbeforetheflames!

Link?

12 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Inbeforetheflames!

Well, in fairness, you did do a pretty bang up job here of presenting how awful some Jets fans can be.

No matter what happens I will be there for this team. I have been through it all with this team. Still I sit there and watch them game in and game out. For years My Dad and My brothers went to every game at Shea and the Meadowlands. I was there for all the highs and low's and even traveled from Michigan 8 Sundays a season until the PSL bullsh*t put an end to it. Now its Sunday Ticket. At least now I sit and watch the games instead of wearing a path through the media room rug like I did in the early days. No matter what I watch this team. I even sneaked out of my son's Wedding Reception to listen to this team play a meaningless game at the end of the season. Jet Fans not loyal? Jet Fans are the most loyal and knowledgeable fans out there. Its why we get so pissed when we see the sh*tshow on the field that is sometimes NY Jets Football. I get angry because I can't believe what these guys are doing to MY team when the answers are right there for the fans to see but its management and coaches can't or won't see it. This is the curse and blessing of every Jet Fan. Comes with the territory. If you can't deal with it find another team to root for.

Well said, BTW I think I know you, I sat in the Mezzanine at Shea and the uppers at Giants and remember the guy who moved to Michigan and flew in for the home games.

Sent from my iPhone using JetNation.com mobile app

That list is such horsesh*t. Social equity? Pats fan base top 5? GIVE ME A BREAK!!  I wonder if 5 superbowl wins has anything to do with it. That fan base couldn't spell Patriots before Bellichick/Brady. Chiefs bottom 5? CMON MAN. It looks like some wall street CFA put this together. 

6 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

In " whole" they have us better fans than 19 other fan bases. You linked this without reading it. LOL

Middle of the road.  

It's funny, that list has the Skins < Jets.  personally, I think DC is a much stronger and more loyal fan-base (as a whole) that the NY Jets Fanbase.  

Even the simple test, you go to NY, how much Jets Gear do you see being sold or worn?  Hell, none basically.

Down here, you see Redskins gear everywhere, sold everywhere.

OK so I no longer live in the metro area since 1998

I never miiss a game. I watch every play on tv or computer.

The local team by me is the Panthers I have been to many games and their fan base is not even close.

I am old enough to remember watching Joe Willy at Shea in the cold wind

16 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Middle of the road.  

It's funny, that list has the Skins < Jets.  personally, I think DC is a much stronger and more loyal fan-base (as a whole) that the NY Jets Fanbase.  

Even the simple test, you go to NY, how much Jets Gear do you see being sold or worn?  Hell, none basically.

Sold everywhere? Yes. I honestly see more Steelers gear  worn by people here than Redskins gear. 

45 minutes ago, Warfish said:

Middle of the road.  

I guess one of the things that makes us better is that we dress like adults most days of the week?

3 hours ago, Warfish said:

Inbeforetheflames!

I think you completely misinterpreted the purpose of this thread. The NY Jets aren't good and there's every reason for fans to not show up. There are a million of other things to do in the NY Metro area on a Sunday that can be better spent than watching bad football. On any given Sunday, New Yorkers may be out in the Hampton's or the Jersey Shore, at a musical/play on Broadway, spending the day in Central Park, or heading upstate for a day trip to the Catskills. 

It's really EASY to be turned off by bad football and turn your attention to a myriad of other things the region has to offer. But instead, fans still showed up, which is more than can said for the two teams in LA that have more going for them than the NY Jets do.

So feel free to spare us the high and mighty non-New Yorker contrarian position because I don't think anyone really cares.

51 minutes ago, Jack Straw said:

The NY Jets aren't good and there's every reason for fans to not show up.

So many folks seemed to think.

There are a million of other things to do in the NY Metro area on a Sunday that can be better spent than watching bad football.

I know it's statements like this that help me identify the best and most loyal fans.

On any given Sunday, New Yorkers may be out in the Hampton's or the Jersey Shore, at a musical/play on Broadway, spending the day in Central Park, or heading upstate for a day trip to the Catskills.

You may not be aware, but fans of every team have "other things they could do" in their area.  

So feel free to spare us the high and mighty non-New Yorker contrarian position because I don't think anyone really cares.

You certainly cared enough to have your jimmies all rustled and defensively reply.  

2 minutes ago, Warfish said:

So many folks seemed to think.

I know it's statements like this that help me identify the best and most loyal fans.

You may not be aware, but fans of every team have "other things they could do" in their area.  

You certainly cared enough to have your jimmies all rustled and defensively reply.  

Yeah, you're right. Clearly the offering of things to do in Cleveland, Buffalo, Green Bay, Cincinnati, Kansas City, Tampa Bay, Detroit, etc. is on par with New York City. Nothing like going to Kansas City for the weekend to watch Friday night Pro Hockey, Saturday night Basketball, and then Sunday football at Arrowhead!

I remember flying into Chicago, driving 4 hours up to Green Bay to watch Hamilton in the Park in December. That was the best weekend I've ever had.

Archived