I was wrong on Adams

AFJF

40 minutes ago, Maxman said:

It is fun watching where he lines up. You just never know what he is going to do. He is like a Calvin Pryor or Darron Lee; except he is good at football.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...please don't compare any of Macs picks to the immortal Calvin Pryor.

Looking like DROY material.

5 minutes ago, AFJF said:

Whoah, whoah whoah...please don't compare any of Macs picks to the immortal Calvin Pryor.

Looking like DROY material.

not that they should be carving his bust for canton just yet but he made a couple of superior plays that calvin pryor could only dream about, if he had a brain.

16 minutes ago, rangerous said:

not that they should be carving his bust for canton just yet but he made a couple of superior plays that calvin pryor could only dream about, if he had a brain.

No idea how far he'll go, but happy to see it looks like he'll be a hell of a player for years to come.

13 hours ago, Adoni Beast said:

I was 50/50 between Adams and Hooker figuring that one of them would likely be our pick. 

Adams has absolutely blown away even the highest of expectations so far this season. 

Yup, he's definitely the better all around player, but I liked Hooker's ability to track the ball and force turnovers in a league where no factor is bigger in determining wins and losses.

That being said, there's no question as to which guy Is more durable   and loves the game.

7 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He was a monster on Sunday. He put to bed some of my fears about his coverage ability, he's a TFL machine, and he has more swagger than the rest of the roster combined. He should be a cornerstone piece for the next decade.

None of the above means dick if Watson or Mahomes hit.

He also leadered the heck out of leading. In all seriousness though, this team has been so unlikable in the past that it's nice to feel excited about the future of a few guys esp since Darron Lee sucks and is a bit of a sh*thead. 

20 minutes ago, Jets Voice of Reason said:

He also leadered the heck out of leading. In all seriousness though, this team has been so unlikable in the past that it's nice to feel excited about the future of a few guys esp since Darron Lee sucks and is a bit of a sh*thead. 

He really is already establishing himself as a leader though which to me, is impressive.  I was at the game Sunday and he was not only all the field making plays but he was getting the crowd pumped up, he was walking up and down the sideline talkiing to players when the offense was on the field.  I don't want to overrate this guy but he has been very impressive so far and with such a young team the exact type of influence needed in that locker room.

40 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He put to bed some of my fears about his coverage ability

I disagree with this, not saying he will be bad in coverage, just think this past week was not a good indication he will be good, Cutler was late, or off with every throw Sunday, plenty of QB's won't be late, they will probably be early with the throw, and he will have to react even quicker, but the signs are there that he will catch up to the speed of the NFL game in no time.

48 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

He was a monster on Sunday. He put to bed some of my fears about his coverage ability, he's a TFL machine, and he has more swagger than the rest of the roster combined. He should be a cornerstone piece for the next decade.

Plus very little chance we trade " him" for a safety because he already is a safety. Whewwww!

3 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Plus very little chance we trade " him" for a safety because he already is a safety. Whewwww!

When the Jets switch Head Coaches, and we get a more traditional DC/HC don't be surprised the Jets select with the 6th pick in the 2018 NFL draft Derwin James Safety from Florida State.

In all seriousness IF they could trade Maye, and say the 2nd rounder we got from Seattle to get back into the 1st round I'd be so on board with that pick IF Rosen, Darnold, Key, and Barkley were off the board lol.

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

It is fun watching where he lines up. You just never know what he is going to do. He is like a Calvin Pryor or Darron Lee; except he is good at football.

He is good at football because he loves football.  Makes a big difference.  Can't think of another player who loved football as much as him-the great safeties maybe-Lott and Dawkins.  Bart Scott, Ray Lewis.  It's all on the Kollman video.  He is basically playing now like he played at LSU.  

Its an all time great pick if we get a QB next year. 

It's only been 3 weeks. But so far Adams has been phenomenal. I love watching him play. He makes tackles and pounces right up with energy. He's got good range, can cover and can play at the line and come off the edge. He's going to be a good one.

And to be fair, Marcus Maye has been solid as well. Not nearly as good as Adams but he looks like a quality player.

17 hours ago, Maxman said:

I totally agree with you but its funny how Bowles is a genius for doing this with Adams but a fool for doing it with Sheldon

3 hours ago, dbatesman said:

What's your definition of "hits"?  Because during the Rex era you and other card carrying members of the Ilk insisted that anything other than a SB victory was a waste of time.  

Have Andrew Luck, Cam Newton, Mariotta, Winston etc hit?

3 minutes ago, peebag said:

He was a good pickup but dang, we ain't got much on the O side.

The Jets have 2 pieces on the O side in ASJ, and Anderson, if this regime hit on one of these RB's the last draft like Cook, or Hunt then the O would be a QB, and a Number 1 WR away from being very good with good coaching, the O-line isn't great, but with a good QB, good RB, and a #1 WR it is more then adequate.  I know that sounds like a lot, but you can get lucky with a great FA period, and great draft, and obtain all 3 IMO, just look at the Cowboys last year, if they draft say WR Micheal Thomas in RD 2 they walk away with all 3 Zeke, Dak, and Thomas.

6 minutes ago, HawkeyeJet said:

Macc has made several good picks, actually.  Unfortunately, his highest profile ones have been some of his worst.  

the best thing mccags could hope for is that petty looks good this year, b/c that would buy him major time.  drafting a 4th round qb from an air raid system who successfully makes the transition to nfl qb would really help solidify mccags' gm resume, and in my opinion would mostly forgive the hack pick.  qbs are hard to predict and develop, and in the end it doesn't matter which pick pans out and which one fails.  look at washington, they gave up a ton to get rg3, but now cousins is a top qb.  fans will forgive a lot of bad picks if you ultimately hit on a qb.  

Just now, Augustiniak said:

the best thing mccags could hope for is that petty looks good this year, b/c that would buy him major time.  drafting a 4th round qb from an air raid system who successfully makes the transition to nfl qb would really help solidify mccags' gm resume, and in my opinion would mostly forgive the hack pick.  qbs are hard to predict and develop, and in the end it doesn't matter which pick pans out and which one fails.  look at washington, they gave up a ton to get rg3, but now cousins is a top qb.  fans will forgive a lot of bad picks if you ultimately hit on a qb.  

Jets will never know anything about Petty as long as Bowles is the HC, and McCown is healthy.

Just now, Lupz27 said:

Jets will never know anything about Petty as long as Bowles is the HC, and McCown is healthy.

petty will get his shot this year, but right now mccown is the right call.  the offense has a new system and the line and skill positions are functioning pretty efficiently, and it's refreshing to watch.  

21 hours ago, AFJF said:

Didn't dislike the pick, but preferred Hooker's insane range on the back end.

Adams' versatility and off the charts skill set was the better option.

I'm with you on the same boat.  I preferred the range of Hooker, especially his ability to create turnovers because that's been such a problem for us.  Stories of him picking off countless passes at practice and how teams stayed away from him made him my pick for safety.  I wanted the Jets to trade down a bit and pick Hooker and thought the Colts got an absolute steal with the pick.  However, Adams has been nothing short of impressive.  I still like Hooker and I believe he has an interception already but Adams definitely is impressing.  

6 hours ago, dbatesman said:

If we get a QB next year it does :)

Archived