Hard or Genoa?

BROOKLYN JET

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

I don't believe I've ever had genoa, but I do like hard salami. The difference is the pork/beef ratio, correct? I don't live anywhere near a good deli, so I'm meat-oppressed. 

@The Crusher  probably has an opinion on this topic. 

My favorites are Soppressata and Capocollo. I like the texture and the way it blends with a good sharp provolone cheese. Get some good Italian bread plus a pleasant seltzer and you good man. 

1 hour ago, Bombdirt said:

I don't believe I've ever had genoa, but I do like hard salami. The difference is the pork/beef ratio, correct? I don't live anywhere near a good deli, so I'm meat-oppressed. 

@The Crusher  probably has an opinion on this topic. 

Hard salami is drier than Genoa salami, which also makes it harder. Hard salami, if properly made, has a long shelf life and can be kept unrefrigerated. ... Genoa salami typically only uses black peppercorns while hard salamis can contain other herbs, spices, and even wine.

@The Crusher Good call, Soppressata is king.

Capicola, Soppressata, Mortadella and Provolone Cheese on a softish Sub Roll, mayo, lettuce, tomato, onion, pickle.  Heaven.

Alternative selection:  Mortadella, Genoa Salami, Pepperoni, Capicola and Provolone Cheese.

Happily it's not like it used to be, you CAN get good Deli meats down here in Swampistan.

Archived