Clayton Thorson QB Northwestern

Lupz27

Dude is 6'4" 225, and plays in a pro style offense, lots of noise is starting about this kid being a possible 1st round QB prospect, apparently has a strong arm, and can make all the throws needed in the NFL to go along with his prototypical size, and pro style offense experience.

17 hours ago, Lupz27 said:

Dude is 6'4" 225, and plays in a pro style offense, lots of noise is starting about this kid being a possible 1st round QB prospect, apparently has a strong arm, and can make all the throws needed in the NFL to go along with his prototypical size, and pro style offense experience.

Just posting this as well. I will say what I have seen of him has not exactly got me thinking first round potential. His 2 INT's vs Duke he stared down WR and his arm strength didn't look great, he may not have tried to drive the ball on these 2 passes. Will keep an eye on him.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 9.32.15 AM.png

12 minutes ago, Stark said:

Just posting this as well. I will say what I have seen of him has not exactly got me thinking first round potential. His 2 INT's vs Duke he stared down WR and his arm strength didn't look great, he may not have tried to drive the ball on these 2 passes. Will keep an eye on him.

Screen Shot 2017-09-27 at 9.32.15 AM.png

Yeah he definitely still has a lot to work on, but one thing I will say is it's a lot harder IMO for a college QB to have all the gaudy stats, and look perfect when playing in a pro style offense compared to playing in a gimmick spread offense, so I will give him a little leeway on some of the not so good moments.

It's also good to note he took over for Trevor Seimian who played in the same offense, and he is much more physically gifted then Trevor, if he has it upstairs he could be a better version of Trevor.

Archived