Mike Francesa Going-Away Thread

TuscanyTile2

I listen EVERY single day and I do not miss a day. He is must listen for me. Fun, entertaining, mindless listening.  Not tuning in to listen to Jets' hype or to listen to someone boring...Francesa goes hard and takes people to task because it GETS RATINGS and I love every minute of it.  When it comes to entertaining folks and getting great ratings, the man is a genius and second to none in that business. 

9 minutes ago, southtown24th said:

I listen EVERY single day and I do not miss a day. He is must listen for me. Fun, entertaining, mindless listening.  Not tuning in to listen to Jets' hype or to listen to someone boring...Francesa goes hard and takes people to task because it GETS RATINGS and I love every minute of it.  When it comes to entertaining folks and getting great ratings, the man is a genius and second to none in that business. 

How do you guys get to listen every day?  At work?

I actually like Mike. He can be a bit overbearing sometimes but he does know his sports, especially baseball and football. I don't like that ignores hockey until the playoffs, but in his defense, he does admit he doesn't know much about it and brings on some decent hockey guys for interviews during the playoffs. I'm surprised 12/15 is the day. He's not going to finish out the football season?

Mike knows his stuff.

Many Jets fans dislike him because of his Giants slant. 

Doesnt bother me as there are plenty of other people like that in my life.

I dont need everyone to agree with me especially regarding sports.

He is a big time horse race guy and he will probably go all in in that realm if he does retire.

11 hours ago, southtown24th said:

I completely agree. The only time I have to turn him off is when he talks braindead golf, otherwise, the man is a brilliant sports and political mind. Very smart gentleman and all of you that hate him are nuts.

Mike is a blowhard but I listened to Mike and the Mad Dog regularly since they initially teamed up.  The show wasn't the same after Mad Dog left, and I don't tune in nearly as much over the last few years, but Ive always enjoyed the show.  Mike is an acquired taste, and even those who dislike him will miss him once he's replaced with the next flavor of the month  shock jock loudmouth.

3 hours ago, Kleckineau said:

Mike knows his stuff.

Many Jets fans dislike him because of his Giants slant. 

Doesnt bother me as there are plenty of other people like that in my life.

I dont need everyone to agree with me especially regarding sports.

He is a big time horse race guy and he will probably go all in in that realm if he does retire.

Problem is he has issues when someone disagrees with him and has a better understanding of the topic, he gets all flustered and usually just hangs up. He never admits when he's wrong . 

7 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Problem is he has issues when someone disagrees with him and has a better understanding of the topic, he gets all flustered and usually just hangs up. He never admits when he's wrong . 

That's true...but...it's also all part of the schtick/persona.  That's EXACTLY WHY people call, that's EXACTLY WHY people tune in...because he does crazy, narcissistic, a$$hole stuff like that...I love it and apparently, so does most of NYC.

20 minutes ago, 56mehl56 said:

Its not a problem for him. People call in regardless and he became rich being that guy.

1 hour ago, joewilly12 said:

For all the times he ragged on the NY Jets......

Image result for up yours gifs

He "ragged" on the NY Jets because of BUSINESS.  Whoever crosses his business interests or doesn't coincide with WFAN's business interests gets "ragged" on.  The clowns/fools/pansies who take it personally and take him seriously are the ones who need to grow up and grow a pair.  Listen to him talk...he's DEMOLISHING OBJ now...you know why? OBJ stood Francesa up at a charity dinner where it made Mike look like a fool...Now OBJ is a piece of sh*t in Mike's eyes...follow the money...

Not to mention: he "ragged" on the Jets because the Jets SUCK

16 hours ago, southparkcpa said:

When I listen, I use SONOS  but have you listened to Maddog on SIRIUS. Hes still good as well.

Have Sirius in the car. Love Mad Dog. A lot of the other hosts on that station have CLEAR political agendas though. 

Archived