Muhammad Wilkerson says shoulder injury could be year-long issue

Gas2No99

1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Read his ******* quote you geniuses.  He said it is football, to be expected and he has to do what he has to do to be ready on Sunday.  Shocking!  You don't even need an article to bash him for no ******* reason.  Just put his initials in the title.  What is Williams doing better?  Sounds like Bowles is more likely to think Williams is full of sh*t.  He is the one where Bowles had to mention pain. Sack a week!

The real point is that boy owes us money he STOLE. 

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, #27TheDominator said:

Read his ******* quote you geniuses.  He said it is football, to be expected and he has to do what he has to do to be ready on Sunday.  Shocking!  You don't even need an article to bash him for no ******* reason.  Just put his initials in the title.  What is Williams doing better?  Sounds like Bowles is more likely to think Williams is full of sh*t.  He is the one where Bowles had to mention pain. Sack a week!

The hate for Mo is ridiculous. He's definitely not playing up to his contract, but even with his perceived lack of effort, he's still our highest rated DL per PFF. Slightly ahead of Leo, and well ahead of Sheldon Richardson.

37 minutes ago, Kevin L said:

The hate for Mo is ridiculous. He's definitely not playing up to his contract, but even with his perceived lack of effort, he's still our highest rated DL per PFF. Slightly ahead of Leo, and well ahead of Sheldon Richardson.

Sheldon does not play for the Jets. I expect results on 17 mill per. Playing ok on PFF stats don't cut it. I'm not to concered he won't be here in 2018.

13 hours ago, Gas2No99 said:

The New York Jets' defensive end revealed Wednesday he has a Grade 1 AC joint sprain in his left shoulder, an injury he believes will have to be managed throughout the season.

"Yeah, probably, most likely, but that's football," said Wilkerson, who receives daily treatment. "That comes with the business. I have to take care of it each and every day and hope it feels good on Sunday."

"I'll be all right," Wilkerson said, downplaying the shoulder. "I told you, I'll be all right. I'm not frustrated."

He responded to a reporter's question about whether he thought the injury would last all year.  Other than that, I do not see the excuses.  This was a hack piece that seems like it was written by one of our posters that doesn't like him. To all you ****s agreeing with him, Cimini wrote it.  

31 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Sheldon does not play for the Jets. I expect results on 17 mill per. Playing ok on PFF stats don't cut it. I'm not to concered he won't be here in 2018.

If he keeps on not producing, he certainly won't be here next year.

I've heard a lot of talk about how much better Sheldon is, and how big of a mistake we made by getting rid of him and keeping Mo, and the numbers just don't bear that out.

51 minutes ago, #27TheDominator said:

He responded to a reporter's question about whether he thought the injury would last all year.  Other than that, I do not see the excuses.  This was a hack piece that seems like it was written by one of our posters that doesn't like him. To all you ****s agreeing with him, Cimini wrote it.  

:lol: lol.

Get a clue. It's the "blog" of ESPN Jets beat reporter, and douche-extrodinaire, Dick Cimini on the NY Jets ESPN team page. 

And so what if certain fans are crapping on Mo's ROI? 

I am in favor of re-signing our own players, and knew his contract wasn't THAT bad because it DID have an out clause after this year.

BUT, I'd have to agree with those criticizing #96, thus far, that Mo has not lived up to the salary. I cut him slack last year as he was returning from that broken leg, but he should be DOMINATING, we've seen in it glimpses in '12-'14, at this point and he simply hasn't validated his 2nd contract.  

4 minutes ago, Gas2No99 said:

:lol: lol.

Get a clue. It's the "blog" of ESPN Jets beat reporter, and douche-extrodinaire, Dick Cimini on the NY Jets ESPN team page. 

And so what if certain fans are crapping on Mo's ROI? 

I am in favor of re-signing our own players, and knew his contract wasn't THAT bad because it DID have an out clause after this year.

BUT, I'd have to agree with those criticizing #96, thus far, that Mo has not lived up to the salary. I cut him slack last year as he was returning from that broken leg, but he should be DOMINATING, we've seen in it glimpses in '12-'14, at this point and he simply hasn't validated his 2nd contract.  

What the **** are you even talking about?  I can't tell who you are actually agreeing with.  Do I have to get a clue that it was Cimini?  Maybe if you read my post, which you quoted, you would see that I said it was ******* Cimini. 

Lol, so fans were worried that Sheldon may get suspended for 10 games and used that as a form of justification to keep Mo over Sheldon. To be fair we have no way to know if Mac would have been able to move Mo with his contract.

and now... we get to watch Mo take most of the year off last year (leg injury probably did effect him), now he has a shoulder injury to deal with all year, lol. so he can get 25 + games to basically be "off" lol

Mo is milking this stuff. He got paid and has either been extremely unlucky, or he just got paid and now his 2012 season is just dust in the wind.

6 hours ago, Ohio State NY Jets fan said:

Goes to show that a little extra money should not stop you from getting what your gut tells you (you really want)

If the Jets signed Olivier Vernon, Mo does not get that contract from the Jets, second choices are exactly that (see West side stadium)

Sad thing is I probably would have be upset at first if the Jets signed Vernon and pulled the tag from Mo, he did the "right" things before that contract, maybe they should have signed him earlier but guess he got his revenge, hope it was worth it

100% false.  He had red flags.  You just didn't hear about them because he's a guy who didn't open his mouth and just produced.  Everyone thought Terrell Owens was a thug and Marvin Harrison was a great guy.  

16 minutes ago, Stark said:

Lol, so fans were worried that Sheldon may get suspended for 10 games and used that as a form of justification to keep Mo over Sheldon. To be fair we have no way to know if Mac would have been able to move Mo with his contract.

and now... we get to watch Mo take most of the year off last year (leg injury probably did effect him), now he has a shoulder injury to deal with all year, lol. so he can get 25 + games to basically be "off" lol

Mo is milking this stuff. He got paid and has either been extremely unlucky, or he just got paid and now his 2012 season is just dust in the wind.

He was good in 2015, but not worth that contract.  I would have just franchised him and let him play 2016 under the tag to see if could take it to that next level.  

I'm sensing a restructure is coming his way. Not that the team couldn't afford him next year, but 20 million is too much to bare for a player who seems to be nicked up every year now. That was always one huge benefit of re-signing him- being able to control the future of his deal without the threat of free agency. They can tear this bad boy up and rewrite everything if need be, I'm sure Wilk and his team realize they wont get as big a deal anywhere else and that their best bet is a compromise here.

Get his cap hit closer to 10 million and I think he stays around at least until Williams new deal comes around. 

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

I only read titles.

Thread titles at that.

Just now, Tony MaC said:

I'm sensing a restructure is coming his way. Not that the team couldn't afford him next year, but 20 million is too much to bare for a player who seems to be nicked up every year now. That was always one huge benefit of re-signing him- being able to control the future of his deal without the threat of free agency. They can tear this bad boy up and rewrite everything if need be, I'm sure Wilk and his team realize they wont get as big a deal anywhere else and that their best bet is a compromise here.

Get his cap hit closer to 10 million and I think he stays around at least until Williams new deal comes around. 

In another thread, I suggested that we sign Cousins (assuming he is open to coming here and we find a way to screw up our chances at getting Darnold) and offset some of the money for Cousins by re-structuring Mo. We will need all the money we can find to re-stock the o-line and find a Cornerback. 

The way things are going, selling Mo on a restructure will be easy because if he was a free agent he would get a huge paycut anyway. 

1 minute ago, Tony MaC said:

That would require a $10m pay cut to $7m, and I seriously doubt he'd take accept that severe of a hit.

For next year, when factoring in new bonus money/guarantees, he'd do better on the open market.

We'll see what happens for the rest of the season. His scheduled $17m for 2018 is still top dollar. We're not exactly in cap hell, but at that amount his $ is likely better spent on others.

2 hours ago, Kevin L said:

If he keeps on not producing, he certainly won't be here next year.

I've heard a lot of talk about how much better Sheldon is, and how big of a mistake we made by getting rid of him and keeping Mo, and the numbers just don't bear that out.

Rights so we have not paid him, got a solid WR and a 2nd for him. Wish we'd go the same for the Dancing bear.

3 minutes ago, BurnleyJet said:

Rights so we have not paid him, got a solid WR and a 2nd for him. Wish we'd go the same for the Dancing bear.

Easy to say in hindsight. Coming off a 12 sack season, not so much. After that 2015 season, most people thought Mo was going to be a superstar.

7 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

4 hours ago, #27TheDominator said:

What the **** are you even talking about?  I can't tell who you are actually agreeing with.  Do I have to get a clue that it was Cimini?  Maybe if you read my post, which you quoted, you would see that I said it was ******* Cimini. 

f417ede6-7fb8-411b-b436-10a042a08471.jpg

20 hours ago, Integrity28 said:

I can't believe we're going to have to replace Wilk and Shel, before we address any of the other neglected needs we've had the entire time since drafting them.

meh.  right now wilk can be replaced by a udfa. the bright side is they can get a dline better suited to the scheme they're playing.

8 hours ago, Stark said:

He was not movable once this new contract was attached to him.

Maybe in theory, if we agreed to eat a good chunk of his remaining guaranteed money for 2017, but that was never going to happen less than a year after the extension was signed.

Watch for him to come on strong over the last half or third of the season so we keep him past the guaranteed portion of his deal, only to suck again in 2018.

Archived