### Jets \ Jaguars -- (Let's Get to .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

4 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. That wasnt on Todd Bowles. People are just used to criticizing him. McCown took two ridiculous sacks and Bowles made it up with a great fake punt. 

I blame those sacks at least partially on Morton.  Why not quick strikes instead of multi-step drop backs 2x in a row.  I've been praising Morton but here I think he messed it up.  

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Just now, ASH1962 said:

Sure, in case you forgot, you do not get unlimited time to run a play. With no TO's, instead of making a decision by getting the kicker in quickly, they ran out of time. So Mr. Bowles lover, who's fault was that then, mine? Come on, I realize your need to start an argument after everything anyone posts, but how can you even think of justifying that huge F up after making a huge play, then not getting the play into the game and the team to the LOS with no time outs quicker?

thats an entirely different thing than time management ...that was a mistake by the coaches NOT Todd Bowles. They didnt get the play in on time the coach relies on them to get that done

2 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

A coach can make adjustments all day until his arms fall off , up to the players to do their job and execute , that doesn't have anything to do with Bowles , that's mccown and oline

God you Bowles apologists make me laugh. Sure execution is on the players, but how's about benching that stiff Winters for example after 2 penalties? We were better with DKD last week against a tougher DL. Also, going to have to bring extra OL help to help the other stiff Beachum who is getting abused on every pass play.

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

thats an entirely different thing than time management ...that was a mistake by the coaches NOT Todd Bowles. They didnt get the play in on time the coach relies on them to get that done

Right Todd Bowles is a great HC and should be up for COTY. 

4 minutes ago, LIJetsFan said:

I blame those sacks at least partially on Morton.  Why not quick strikes instead of multi-step drop backs 2x in a row.  I've been praising Morton but here I think he messed it up.  

Yeah, but McCown has been in the league for 40 years. He should know not to take those sacks. 

10 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

once again NOTHING to do with clock management or Todd Bowles . That's on his coaches and it was obvious he was pissed on the sidelines

Don't make excuses.

It comes down to you as the head coach.  Got coaches making dumb ass calls like that?  Replace them and send a message that crap like this week in and week out won't be tolerated.  

1 minute ago, PCP63 said:

People are gonna think I'm crazy, but...

Bills most likely won't keep up winning. Pats look like hot garbage this season. Dolphins are an afterthought. We're looking pretty decent...

I agree with your first sentence. :)

I think the Pats will win the division and I have the optimism about the Bills that you seem to have about the Jets.

Archived