### Jets \ Jaguars -- (Let's Get to .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 minute ago, Integrity28 said:

Why did 45 jump on Williams and almost tackle him short of the marker? That would have been so Jetsy.

Very good point.  What do you think though - would that have been more Jetsy than what did happen?

I think the punt team saw the jags way off and did that on their own and Bowles had no idea what to do. 

Not throwing into the ez once there is so lol

Bowles plays to keep it close and win in the end

Then he punts with 4 minutes to go 

Really not fun to watch 

Just now, Larz said:

I think the punt team saw the jags way off and did that on their own and Bowles had no idea what to do. 

Not throwing into the ez once there is so lol

Bowles plays to keep it close and win in the end

Then he punts with 4 minutes to go 

Really not fun to watch 

He is an idiot. Plain and simple. 

7 minutes ago, The Crusher said:

Field Goals are for pussy's

Well we obviously cannot protect the QB so I have no issue with the FG try after giving up 500 sacks in the first half. The CS's lack of time awareness is astounding, I mean WTF are they thinking/doing? I have a feeling this was the last chance we will have to take a lead today. Another of this HC's major strength's is adjustments so lets see if they can adjust to add help to protect the QB so we are not sacked every time he drops back to pass.

I'm a big hater of Todd Bowles but how is that bad clock management ? You can't blame every single screw up on the HC.  He made a good call on the fake punt at that point its on the ST coach or OC to get the ball snapped not the HC. Nothing about that sequence had anything at all to do with clock management.

Just now, Smashmouth said:

I'm a big hater of Todd Bowles but how is that bad clock management ? You can't blame every single screw up on the HC.  He made a good call on the fake punt at that point its on the ST coach or OC to get the ball snapped not the HC. Nothing about that sequence had anything at all to do with clock management.

Exactly. That wasnt on Todd Bowles. People are just used to criticizing him. McCown took two ridiculous sacks and Bowles made it up with a great fake punt. 

Just now, ASH1962 said:

Well we obviously cannot protect the QB so I have no issue with the FG try after giving up 500 sacks in the first half. The CS's lack of time awareness is astounding, I mean WTF are they thinking/doing? I have a feeling this was the last chance we will have to take a lead today. Another of this HC's major strength's is adjustments so lets see if they can adjust to add help to protect the QB so we are not sacked every time he drops back to pass.

Please explain for me the clock management issue you have ?

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

What about kicking the FG within the allotted time instead of the delay of game?

1 minute ago, Smashmouth said:

If Bowles had planned on the fake punt he would have had a play called for afterwards.

Obviously edwards saw the receiver was uncovered and audibles there.

Bowles had no idea what just happened and while they were running down to snap the ball Bowles nixes that and sends the kicking team out late. 

It would have been faster to take a shot into the end zone there. 

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

What about kicking the FG within the allotted time instead of the delay of game?

once again NOTHING to do with clock management or Todd Bowles . That's on his coaches and it was obvious he was pissed on the sidelines

3 minutes ago, ASH1962 said:

A coach can make adjustments all day until his arms fall off , up to the players to do their job and execute , that doesn't have anything to do with Bowles , that's mccown and oline

3 minutes ago, Villain The Foe said:

Exactly. That wasnt on Todd Bowles. People are just used to criticizing him. McCown took two ridiculous sacks and Bowles made it up with a great fake punt. 

He called for Jacksonville to not cover a gunner? 

Just now, NYs Stepchild said:

If Bowles had planned on the fake punt he would have had a play called for afterwards.

Obviously edwards saw the receiver was uncovered and audibles there.

Bowles had no idea what just happened and while they were running down to snap the ball Bowles nixes that and sends the kicking team out late. 

It would have been faster to take a shot into the end zone there. 

Nice try but not on Bowles he has coaches that need to perform. Bowles does not call the offense nor does he call the special teams plays 

2 minutes ago, Smashmouth said:

Please explain for me the clock management issue you have ?

Sure, in case you forgot, you do not get unlimited time to run a play. With no TO's, instead of making a decision by getting the kicker in quickly, they ran out of time. So Mr. Bowles lover, who's fault was that then, mine? Come on, I realize your need to start an argument after everything anyone posts, but how can you even think of justifying that huge F up after making a huge play, then not getting the play into the game and the team to the LOS with no time outs quicker?

Archived