### Jets \ Jaguars -- (Let's Get to .500) Game Thread ###

Maxman

2 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

I don't know how you've endured this crap this long 

I was in the 8th grade the day that the whole family sat over my cousin Anthony's house in Garwood, New Jersey and watched the Jets beat the Colts 16-7 in a real live Super Bowl game. I remember everything about that day and hope to be able to share another one with my family here.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
15 minutes ago, Mogglez said:

"for better or worse"

Reading isn't hard.

The coaching staff are not going to chuck a season they can't afford to appease people who still believe Hackenberg isn't a dumpster fire of a player. 

Petty may play later if the season is dead. As it is we're 2-2 and playing a lesser QB for the sake of it would be absurd.

1 minute ago, thebuzzardman said:

Warfish distributing downvotes like crazy. He loves the mediocrity. 

How horrible, a Jets Fans who enjoys when the Jets win.

Go to Cleveland, you'd made an excellent Browns fan right now.  If all that matters to you is the #1/#1 pick, I am sure they'd love to have you aboard.

1 minute ago, Warfish said:

How horrible, a Jets Fans who enjoys when the Jets win.

Go to Cleveland, you'd made an excellent Browns fan right now.  If all that matters to you is the #1/#1 pick, I am sure they'd love to have you aboard.

Who cares about wins this year. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture, even as a fan. 

Enjoy your instant gratification win though, and pray a QB falls to #6 pick that's worth an actual f*ck, not that that is likely. 

And then McCag's drafts another defensive player. BLUEPRINT.

1 minute ago, SoFlaJets said:

I was in the 8th grade the day that the whole family sat over my cousin Anthony's house in Garwood, New Jersey and watched the Jets beat the Colts 16-7 in a real live Super Bowl game. I remember everything about that day and hope to be able to share another one with my family here.

I wonder what the hell I'll be doing the day I see the jets win a super bowl , you're lucky

Just now, Maddog45 said:

I wonder what the hell I'll be doing the day I see the jets win a super bowl , you're lucky

It's the year Maddog, this is our year, a couple of breaks a couple of calls that give us a game we might have lost and it's all possible, Stay healthy and be THE hot team in December and GET HOMEFIELD ADVANTAGE!

7 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

We need a franchise qb , we need to fix this position and forget about it for the next 15 years and focus and the other positions like how the pats have done , tired of these bum jag at qb all started with Vinny t

Vinny T Was one Achilles tear away from being the second best QB this franchise ever had.

4 minutes ago, Maddog45 said:

We need a franchise qb , we need to fix this position and forget about it for the next 15 years and focus and the other positions like how the pats have done , tired of these bum jag at qb all started with Vinny t

believe me, i get it and so does every poster here.  i'd like to see petty or hack starting just to find out before the draft.  i was even thinking that if they had lost they could put petty in against the browns next week.  but then you also look around the league and see who the good young guys are.  winston?  is tampa winning? mariota?  have the titans won a game yet?  goff? kizer?  watson is coming up big.  it sort of hurts because the jets could've drafted hi but at the same time obrien runs a qb friendly offensive scheme.  maybe that what morton is developing with the jets.  if so then whoever they plug in at qb may be able to do pretty well.

5 minutes ago, thebuzzardman said:

Who cares about wins this year. Sometimes you have to look at the big picture, even as a fan. 

And how much did rooting against your own team help "the big picture" today.

Next years QB will be who it will be.  Rooting against your own team will NOT make the #1/#1 happen.  

Enjoy your instant gratification win though

Be assured, I did.:D

.....and pray a QB falls to #6 pick that's worth an actual f*ck, not that that is likely.

Supposedly the deepest QB draft since the Marino Draft, but now no QB will be available at #6, eh?  

You really are suffering due to today's win, how sad for you.  I pity you.

Maybe you should just not worry about the draft till it gets here, eh?  You're destined for disappointment.  

And then McCag's drafts another defensive player. BLUEPRINT.

Unless MAcc and Bowles are fired, that's always a risk.  Once again, we cannot control that.

But safe to say, I think we'll get a QB.  Not the Watson I wanted last draft, but hey, it's guys like YOU who demanded we wait for this big special once-in-a-lifetime-QB draft, right?

Just now, HessStation said:

This season is going so jetsy I want to puke

That's the real problem here. Those who didn't expect a Jets season to go jetsy still understand absolutely nothing about this team after all these years.

Might as well as enjoy it, as opposed to throwing a fit that next year may not be the Jets turn for another of their contributors to the all-time bust discussions.

25 minutes ago, kevinc855 said:

You know McCown has one of the highest completion rates in the league right? 

I thought McCowen was pretty good for the first 3 games but he was really bad today especially the 2nd half. There is a reason he is a jouneyman and this was the first time he has won back to backs in over 10 years. He personally did everything he could do to keep his dubious streak alive. 

17 minutes ago, Irish Jet said:

The coaching staff are not going to chuck a season they can't afford to appease people who still believe Hackenberg isn't a dumpster fire of a player. 

Petty may play later if the season is dead. As it is we're 2-2 and playing a lesser QB for the sake of it would be absurd.

If the coaches and GM don't have any faith in two QBs that they both had a hand in drafting then they both need to GTFO.  This isn't just about Hackenberg.  There are two QBs on this roster that are young.  One actually played well in the preseason.  We have no idea if third year Petty is or isn't better than McCown right now.  Why?  Our coach would rather play it safe with a 38 year old journeyman QB than embrace a youth movement and see if the team he and the GM have tried to build has any good young players.  It took an injury to get him to stop running Matt Forte's broken body out there as the starter and look at what happened when.  

Look, if Petty and Hackenberg suck as bad as everyone thinks they do, then at least we have a definitive answer as to whether or not they are capable of being the guy.  Chances are if they suck that bad, we'd have also set ourselves up nicely to get someone who is.  If they play well then that's even better.  Hell, 6-7 wins with either one or a combo of both of the kids is STILL better than winning the same amount with McCown.  He's taking us nowhere.  He will never be the answer and finding out whether or not Hack/Petty could be  should have been the entire goal of this season, even if it cost them some games that a game managing, 38 year old QB could win.

1 minute ago, johnnysd said:

The paralells to 2015 are so strong. Loser retread QB throwing to his veteran receivers almost exclusively, barely winning against teams as inept as we are. So sad

Except for the comparisons completely end after QB, which is kind of the whole point.  2015 was loaded with overpaid FA acquisitions near the end of their careers, while this year it's heavily dependent on young players making very little.

Just now, RevisIsland610 said:

I thought McCowen was pretty good for the first 3 games but he was really bad today especially the 2nd half. There is a reason he is a jouneyman and this was the first time he has won back to backs in over 10 years. He personally did everything he could do to keep his dubious streak alive. 

jags lead the league in sacks, jags td was a fluke and int only happened b/c powell slipped.  overall mccown is better than fitz, protects the ball.  but the whole offense looks competent, the OC change is really making a difference. 

I find it difficult to understand how one can comfortably root for their team to lose. While losses may guarantee a higher draft pick they do not guarantee quality picks at any position. The best quarterback of this century wasn't even a consideration in the early rounds. Stay loose enjoy the good plays. 

3 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

But he can play into his 40's tho.

4 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

jags lead the league in sacks, jags td was a fluke and int only happened b/c powell slipped.  overall mccown is better than fitz, protects the ball.  but the whole offense looks competent, the OC change is really making a difference. 

McCown looked really good in the first half.  No complaints.  But he truly was horrible in the second half.  Did nothing to help the team and in fact, hurt them several times (the INT, the scoop, the sack he took).  It was a tale of two McCowns and that seems to be his history.  Inconsistent.  I'd applaud a switch to Petty at any time now but I'm afraid we're stuck in this gear for several more weeks at least.

7 minutes ago, Augustiniak said:

He was completely unaware of the pressure around him, looked like a rookie not a 16 year vet. He's just a tad better than Fitz, remember Fitz was very good his first year with us. I don't hate McCown or have an agenda like so many people on here. I just thought he was very bad today. 

21 minutes ago, rangerous said:

believe me, i get it and so does every poster here.  i'd like to see petty or hack starting just to find out before the draft.  i was even thinking that if they had lost they could put petty in against the browns next week.  but then you also look around the league and see who the good young guys are.  winston?  is tampa winning? mariota?  have the titans won a game yet?  goff? kizer?  watson is coming up big.  it sort of hurts because the jets could've drafted hi but at the same time obrien runs a qb friendly offensive scheme.  maybe that what morton is developing with the jets.  if so then whoever they plug in at qb may be able to do pretty well.

Winston is beating the Giants.  Goff just beat the Cowboys.  Tennessee was 2-1 going in to today and then lost Mariota.  Wentz has the Eagles up 16-7.  Matt Ryan, a guy we could have drafted until we beat KC to end the year in 07, was in the Super Bowl last year.  We got Gholston instead.

If you have no QB, then you have nothing.

1 minute ago, Mogglez said:

Winston is beating the Giants.  Goff just beat the Cowboys, Tennessee was 2-1 going in to today and then lost Mariota.  Wentz has the Eagles up 16-7. Matt Ryan, a guy we could have drafted until we beat KC to end the year in 07, was in the Super Bowl last year.

If you have no QB, then you have nothing.

Yeah but in 2 years we'll have a 40 year old Josh McCown!

7 minutes ago, RevisIsland610 said:

He was completely unaware of the pressure around him, looked like a rookie not a 16 year vet. He's just a tad better than Fitz, remember Fitz was very good his first year with us. I don't hate McCown or have an agenda like so many people on here. I just thought he was very bad today. 

I'd happily take McCown as a backup.

41 minutes ago, SoFlaJets said:

I'm going to turn 62 on Wednesday, I'm running out of those "wait 'til next year"seasons, I want to see the Jets go to the playoffs NOW and be red hot in December and then ANYTHING is possible.

That's a very fair reason for wanting them to win now. If the Jets happen to rally and make a strong push throughout the whole season and actually make the playoffs, I will be happy. I'm just not optimistic about that happening. If they beat the Pats in a couple weeks, that could change my opinion. Until then, I'll continue to hope for a more positive future, even if that means an awful season.

Archived