2018 Draft Talk Should be BANISHED to the DRAFT Forum!

Warfish

• Replies 112
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just curious, but why do all the "Root for 0-16" folks think the folks rooting for the Jets want to see McCown as our QB in 2018?

No one wants to see that.  Everyone wants a better QB next year.  Everyone, to a man.

The issue is that this team was never going to go 0-16, they are simply a better team (playing less good teams) for that.

So why root for, or get worked up over, the impossible?  Especially since it involved rooting against your own team.

But getting a better QB in 2018 is absolutely possible.  Via the draft (deepest draft since Marino, remember) standing pat.  Via the draft trading up.  Via free agency (Cousins).  Or via improvement of our own two kids (doubtful, admittedly).

2 minutes ago, gEYno said:

The true hallmark of a #REALFAN is his tireless efforts to tell others how to be fans and his need to make sure everyone else knows that they aren't #REALFANS like he is.

The true hallmark of a fan is to root for their team.  Not against it.

Just cause some are butthurt about that isn't my problem.

3 minutes ago, Warfish said:

The true hallmark of a fan is to root for their team.  Not against it.

Just cause some are butthurt about that isn't my problem.

It would be hard for you to have illustrated my point better, had you being trying to.

3 hours ago, CanadaSteve said:

It is beyond ridiculous when you actually think about what fans want:

1) We want the 1st overall pick so we can have whatever QB we want

2) We want a complete rebuild

3) We want to see the young guys play, get hungry, and see what they have

4) We don't want the young guys to ACTUALLY be any good, or play good enough to win. We want them to lose so we can get better draft picks so we will be better!

5) So I am going to cheer for my team to lose, and be PISSED when they win, so I can cheer getting the first overall pick, even though there is no guarantee that guy will be want I want him to be!

Technically people seem to be rooting for the young guys to all be very good, just not until next season. 

2 hours ago, gEYno said:

The true hallmark of a #REALFAN is his tireless efforts to tell others how to be fans and his need to make sure everyone else knows that they aren't #REALFANS like he is.

So sexist. This implies that the label real fan only applies to men.

As a woman and a webmaster, I am deeply offended.

2 hours ago, Warfish said:

But getting a better QB in 2018 is absolutely possible.  Via the draft (deepest draft since Marino, remember) standing pat.  Via the draft trading up.  Via free agency (Cousins).  Or via improvement of our own two kids (doubtful, admittedly).

The OP in this thread reads like something an escaped mental patient would craft from letters cut out of magazines, and yet somehow this paragraph is even crazier

27 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

The OP in this thread reads like something an escaped mental patient would craft from letters cut out of magazines, and yet somehow this paragraph is even crazier

That's just because your thought process is the hallmark of someone who is not a #realfan.

49 minutes ago, SpartanJet said:

So #realfan means a fan who wants our team to be 6-10 to 10-6 with a shot at a wildcard birth every so often.  Gotcha.

#mediocrity

No, you're not paying attention. #RealFan means just that... a real fan. All others are just posers.

35 minutes ago, Maxman said:

Technically people seem to be rooting for the young guys to all be very good, just not until next season. 

Hey, I want them to be good this season. Just slightly less good than the opposing team. But, like I've said before, playing with either Petty or Hack under center would completely change my outlook on wins this season.

36 minutes ago, dbatesman said:

That face when someone tells you that a win isn't necessarily good for the long-term health of a team:

Oblivion-Therapy.gif

5 hours ago, kevinc855 said:

Draft? It’s october! I really feel bad for these fans obssesed with an April even that has no actuall football in it. Kinda sad actually

I think 90pct of Jets fans that want the Jets to tank, are still happy they are winning. I just think most of us realize that this team will likely miss the playoffs and doing so at 7-9 isn't going to get us closer to finding a franchise QB. Maybe at 7-9 we can trade for Luck or sign Cousins (assuming those guys become available via trade or FA), but that is highly unlikely. 

If I am wrong and this team wins 10 games and make the playoffs then I couldn't be happier. I just don't see that as a real possibility. I hope I'm wrong...

The biggest misconception "pie in the sky" Jets fans have is they think tanking is a bad thing. It is actually a smart strategic move that Macc attempted and then screwed up. The Giants tanked at the right time in a historically good QB draft and got 2 super bowls because of it. Colts tanked at the right time and got Andrew Luck. Coming into this season all the draft pundits were saying this was a very good QB draft class. The idea that the Jets can finally tank at the right time to get their very own franchise QB excited the smart Jets fans. No more of this mediocre, at best wild card, teams this franchise has been for the last two decades! You can imagine the disappointment we "woke" fans are feeling that Macc decided to go out and up the talent level from a 1 win team to a 5-6 win team. Mccown, Kearse. Kerley do nothing for our future except of course destroy it. Get excited though we may very well be 3-2 hooray!

Archived