Deep thoughts

Jetster

Luckily we played a team that has a worse QB problem than us. Bortles is horrific.

No give up in this team, but way to many mistakes that should never happen, delay of game pushing FG & then a miss (so Jetsy, that sh*t pisses me off). Veteran QB rushing & throwing a lateral, ugh, Josh, your here to teach our young QBs the WCO not make boneheaded plays. Plus you held the ball too long.

Why do fans know Forte should have gotten limited snaps before he got hurt? Ridiculous that he had to suffer an injury for us to see more Powell & McGuire. Things like that make me say hmm. 

Mo is not long for this team, he either takes a pay cut or we send him on his way this offseason. What he gets per snap is highway robbery when I see other high paid defensive players around this league. 

Love all these young guys & Maccs waiver & trades. Crazy how he's turned it around with his scouts. Really nice group of hustlers, you need these type of players to build with. Nice ugly win, not all wins in this league are pretty. Our goal is to develop our youngsters until we find our Russell Wilson. A QB that elevates everyone. 

Watching Wilson tonight made me think about Terry Bradway pounding the table for Wilson & everyone looking at him with consternation on their faces thinking, really Terry, how can we trust you after picking a kicker in the 2nd round? The one time Terry Bradway was right, he just didn't have enough success for anyone to believe in him anymore. Again so very Jetsy, and makes you believe in the curse.

2-2, probably 3-2, just enjoy the process, lol. They'll face a lot more adversity after the Browns. I just want to see these young kids progress and fight. I want a team full of players that hate losing & don't want to accept it. A team that doesn't give up & plays 60. A team that's the opposite of what we endured in 2016.

I will say props to whoever's decision it was to pick up Kony Ealy.

This kid is a player, he has heart, determination and grit.

A 2014 2nd round draft pick of the Panthers - and still only 25 yrs old.

In my opinion, this guy is the find of the off-season, especially considering he was claimed off waivers.

Here is a little more info on an off-season pick-up that has largely flown under the radar;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kony_Ealy

7 hours ago, Fantasy Island said:

Some of us fans banged the table for Watson.  glad we got the win, but we should have drafted a QB this year.

I'm starting to become a believer. Another guy who was dissected & as the draft got closer there was more talk about his weak arm than how he's just a winner that comes through a lot more than he doesn't. Teammates love him, hard worker, slippery in the pocket, yup, I think we missed another one. 

7 hours ago, ARodJetsFan said:

I will say props to whoever's decision it was to pick up Kony Ealy.

This kid is a player, he has heart, determination and grit.

A 2014 2nd round draft pick of the Panthers - and still only 25 yrs old.

In my opinion, this guy is the find of the off-season, especially considering he was claimed off waivers.

Here is a little more info on an off-season pick-up that has largely flown under the radar;

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kony_Ealy

Question: Considering how well this kid is playing for us and how terrible the Cheaters defense is currently, how come this kid couldn't make their defensive roster after they traded for him ?

Considering the condition of Big Cat's wrist and the condition of Wilkerson's shoulder, Jet fans should really quit complaining about how much this kid makes and realize that these guys are actually doing the Job they're supposed to do and actually doing it well . 

Do you folks realize that you have stopped complaining about the Jets inside linebackers  ?   Why don't you stop and consider why that is . The Jets chose to give Wilkerson that contract, and he signed it just like anyone else would have . He played last year on a bum wheel and he's gutting it out thus far with a bum shoulder .  A defensive lineman needs his feet to provide power in the trenches and his shoulders to maneuver effectively at the LOS .

If you read this Mo Wilkerson, know that this Jet fan appreciates what you do .

17 minutes ago, UnitedWhofans said:

As of this moment I can see them winning 3 more games and thats it.

I can see them beating Cleveland, winning at Miami, and home to San Diego (that could be a game where you tank deliberately)

Think by that time Gase will have gone to Moore to try to save the season. Will be toughest one to win.

10 hours ago, Jetster said:

Luckily we played a team that has a worse QB problem than us. Bortles is horrific.

The Jaguars don't have a GM committed to T.H.U.D., or The Hackenburg Unmitigated Disaster.

The Jaguars don't have a HC committed to never letting young players play and learn, which automatically means a veteran journeyman is going to have the advantage in any QB "competition".

In addition, the Jaguars now win any draft pick positioning tie with the Jets by losing to them - so they are better positioned to get the higher QB prospect in the draft.

Technically speaking, the Jaguars started having a better QB situation than the Jets the minute that game ended.

20 minutes ago, prime21 said:

I love the energy this team is playing with.  They know they are underdogs and everyone expects them to have a very high pick but they don't care about all that stuff when the whistle blows.  

Yes. They do this every other year. This year is underdogs that play to spite the critics. Next year is dogs who underwhelmed because they believed the press clippings about how good they are.

This is a cycle.

It is good that the Jets showed that they are growing, but their schedule is pretty tough toward the end of the season.  They will be able to play some good teams though and get good experience. 

I think the Dolphins eventually get their act together, unless they decide to tank.  Bills will be tough to beat.

I would have to imagine that the Chargers look to tank to get an LA QB.  

7 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Yes. They do this every other year. This year is underdogs that play to spite the critics. Next year is dogs who underwhelmed because they believed the press clippings about how good they are.

This is a cycle.

That's complete BS! I've watched this team since 68. Other than the Idzik experiment that went totally wrong this is truly the 1st time the Jets are going very young. Kearse is only 27. Fitz was playing with Marshall, Decker, Forte, that's not the case with McCown yesterday. They had Harris, Revis, Cromarty ect.

We're 4 games in. The Oline looks better, Adams, Maye, McGuire, Leo, Kony, Jenkins, Burris, Brooks, Anderson, ASJ, hopefully Stewart & Hansen get more PT as the season progresses. Lee might have been overdrafted but Bowles might figure out how to utilize what he can't or Can do. We have a boatload of money & unlike the Rex/Idzik years the 2018 draft will be ADDING to all of these young guys that I mentioned above. What young players were Rex/Idzik added to the year they had all of those draft picks?

This false narrative that the Jets are always rebuilding is ridiculous, Idzik even traded for Percy Harvin! They signed Eric Decker to a large contract. After the 2016 debacle this team truly went on a rebuild other than the QB. The story of this rebuild is really just beginning but looks like we have a nice base of youngsters to add to now. 

9 minutes ago, varjet said:

It is good that the Jets showed that they are growing, but their schedule is pretty tough toward the end of the season.  They will be able to play some good teams though and get good experience. 

I think the Dolphins eventually get their act together, unless they decide to tank.  Bills will be tough to beat.

Build this team & prove the Oline to be above serviceable & you might get a Brees for a few years? Guy like that will only go to teams who he deems solid with with a decent Oline & good running game. That could be the Jets in 2018 after drafting a QB.

7 minutes ago, Jetster said:

That's complete BS! I've watched this team since 68. Other than the Idzik experiment that went totally wrong this is truly the 1st time the Jets are going very young. Kearse is only 27. Fitz was playing with Marshall, Decker, Forte, that's not the case with McCown yesterday. They had Harris, Revis, Cromarty ect.

We're 4 games in. The Oline looks better, Adams, Maye, McGuire, Leo, Kony, Jenkins, Burris, Brooks, Anderson, ASJ, hopefully Stewart & Hansen get more PT as the season progresses. Lee might have been overdrafted but Bowles might figure out how to utilize what he can't or Can do. We have a boatload of money & unlike the Rex/Idzik years the 2018 draft will be ADDING to all of these young guys that I mentioned above. What young players were Rex/Idzik added to the year they had all of those draft picks?

This false narrative that the Jets are always rebuilding is ridiculous, Idzik even traded for Percy Harvin! They signed Eric Decker to a large contract. After the 2016 debacle this team truly went on a rebuild other than the QB. The story of this rebuild is really just beginning but looks like we have a nice base of youngsters to add to now. 

Look at their records year after year. There is a pattern.

2 minutes ago, Integrity28 said:

Look at their records year after year. There is a pattern.

There's not a pattern of rebuilding with youth. The only vet they picked up was Kerley. They did that because Jalen Marshall was suspended, Quincy was injured & Stewart and Hansen are learning the NFL. WR is a very difficult position going from college to the NFL, especially the WCO. Just look at how many 1st round WRs the Pats cut over the years. In fact they stopped drafting 1st round WRs. The Jets I know until this year were signing bandaid aged vets let go by their teams or overpaying for talent landing them only because they had more cap dollars than anyone else & needed NAMES going all the way back to the beginning of free agency, guys like Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lott etc. 

2 points in the game were embarrassing. End of 3rd, off Ealy's INT, the offense gets all pass-happy with a lead and clock to burn. Burned almost no clock and came away with a FG. With about 5 minutes, in the red zone, the lateral insanity; again, with a lead, running at will, not doing much passing, and instead the Jets' CS decides to go Mad Bomber. Do what works. Bowles almost managed to lose a game to Blake Bortles.   

Give Morton credit for piecing together a decent OL, a solid running attack and some useful WRs. But MCcown did nothing yesterday that should prevent Petty for getting this job. 

1 hour ago, Bugg said:

2 points in the game were embarrassing. End of 3rd, off Ealy's INT, the offense gets all pass-happy with a lead and clock to burn. Burned almost no clock and came away with a FG. With about 5 minutes, in the red zone, the lateral insanity; again, with a lead, running at will, not doing much passing, and instead the Jets' CS decides to go Mad Bomber. Do what works. Bowles almost managed to lose a game to Blake Bortles.   

Give Morton credit for piecing together a decent OL, a solid running attack and some useful WRs. But MCcown did nothing yesterday that should prevent Petty for getting this job. 

That front 7 of the Jags is no joke so kudos to the Oline missing Shell. Big drop off coming in talent on the defensive side upfront vs the Browns & Pats. 

Only way they can stay with the Pats offense though is to control the ball, the clock and CONVERT redzone opportunities with TDs not FGs. The stars would truly have to align but anything can happen in this weird league. It's not like McCowns going up against the 85 Bears,lol. Even a vet like McCown could have the best day of his career at 38 vs a bad defense.

1 hour ago, varjet said:

They can't even get an LA fan.  They should have stayed in SanDiego

1 hour ago, Jetster said:

this

I am a couple of years behind and you and I agree 100%

2 hours ago, Jetster said:

There's not a pattern of rebuilding with youth. The only vet they picked up was Kerley. They did that because Jalen Marshall was suspended, Quincy was injured & Stewart and Hansen are learning the NFL. WR is a very difficult position going from college to the NFL, especially the WCO. Just look at how many 1st round WRs the Pats cut over the years. In fact they stopped drafting 1st round WRs. The Jets I know until this year were signing bandaid aged vets let go by their teams or overpaying for talent landing them only because they had more cap dollars than anyone else & needed NAMES going all the way back to the beginning of free agency, guys like Leonard Marshall, Ronnie Lott etc. 

Pattern of being good/bad in alternating years, brah

like I clearly said in my first response.

3 hours ago, Bugg said:

This is incredibly on point. Be happy that Robby Anderson burned one of the best cbs in the league twice. Be happy that our inexpensive o-line composed of 5 players under the age of 28 just sprung our running backs for 250 yards against a heavily invested in front 7. Be happy that our 6th round rookie is averaging 10 yards a touch. Be happy our rookie safeties are our two best players on defense. But all of that is tainted because our quarterback is an inefficient 38 year old that almost undid all of those positives by himself.

13 hours ago, Tinstar said:

Question: Considering how well this kid is playing for us and how terrible the Cheaters defense is currently, how come this kid couldn't make their defensive roster after they traded for him ?

Considering the condition of Big Cat's wrist and the condition of Wilkerson's shoulder, Jet fans should really quit complaining about how much this kid makes and realize that these guys are actually doing the Job they're supposed to do and actually doing it well . 

Do you folks realize that you have stopped complaining about the Jets inside linebackers  ?   Why don't you stop and consider why that is . The Jets chose to give Wilkerson that contract, and he signed it just like anyone else would have . He played last year on a bum wheel and he's gutting it out thus far with a bum shoulder .  A defensive lineman needs his feet to provide power in the trenches and his shoulders to maneuver effectively at the LOS .

If you read this Mo Wilkerson, know that this Jet fan appreciates what you do .

My post about Ealy was in no way derogatory toward Mo Wilkerson - or anybody else on the defense, so, not really sure where this is coming from Tinstar.

I just think Ealy was a hell of a find.

On 10/1/2017 at 11:44 PM, Jetster said:

No give up in this team, but way to many mistakes that should never happen, delay of game pushing FG & then a miss (so Jetsy, that sh*t pisses me off). Veteran QB rushing & throwing a lateral, ugh, Josh, your here to teach our young QBs the WCO not make boneheaded plays. Plus you held the ball too long.

Why do fans know Forte should have gotten limited snaps before he got hurt? Ridiculous that he had to suffer an injury for us to see more Powell & McGuire. Things like that make me say hmm. 

Mo is not long for this team, he either takes a pay cut or we send him on his way this offseason. What he gets per snap is highway robbery when I see other high paid defensive players around this league. 

Love all these young guys & Maccs waiver & trades. Crazy how he's turned it around with his scouts. Really nice group of hustlers, you need these type of players to build with. Nice ugly win, not all wins in this league are pretty. Our goal is to develop our youngsters until we find our Russell Wilson. A QB that elevates everyone. 

Watching Wilson tonight made me think about Terry Bradway pounding the table for Wilson & everyone looking at him with consternation on their faces thinking, really Terry, how can we trust you after picking a kicker in the 2nd round? The one time Terry Bradway was right, he just didn't have enough success for anyone to believe in him anymore. Again so very Jetsy, and makes you believe in the curse.

2-2, probably 3-2, just enjoy the process, lol. They'll face a lot more adversity after the Browns. I just want to see these young kids progress and fight. I want a team full of players that hate losing & don't want to accept it. A team that doesn't give up & plays 60. A team that's the opposite of what we endured in 2016.

This is a good post. Season has started off as well as they could have hoped. The big upcoming test for Todd will be benching McCown, whether or not he’s playing well at the time. If McCown plays more than six games, these Jets were never serious about a rebuild—they’re only serious about keeping Bowles employed beyond this season.

Archived